Stg 2 WRX vs Modded GTP
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stg 2 WRX vs Modded GTP within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just got my WRX and I have the cobb stage 2 power package & helix up pipe. My friend ...

Stg 2 WRX vs Modded GTP

I just got my WRX and I have the cobb stage 2 power package & helix up pipe. My friend has a 97 GTP with a new pully, cai, headers, exhaust, and he claims a unichip.

So what do you think the outcome will be. He has not raced at the track or dynoed it yet. Just looking for opinions and friendly convo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think that pully gives him the most gains and puts him at close to 300 crank. Since it is FWD, heavy as hell, and has a slow automatic, I think you would win.

Re: Stg 2 WRX vs Modded GTP

Originally posted by SteelCity_WRX
    I just got my WRX and I have the cobb stage 2 power package & helix up pipe. My friend has a 97 GTP with a new pully, cai, headers, exhaust, and he claims a unichip.

So what do you think the outcome will be. He has not raced at the track or dynoed it yet. Just looking for opinions and friendly convo
    if your friend took good care of his car, its good for low-mid 13's. which is right around where you would be... I am going to say its a close race. more than likely though, the torque will be too much for him, and he wont be able to get off the line nearly as good as you.

actually.... your best chance might actually be from a roll.... i know, i know... wrx's suck from a roll on stock turbo, but the grandprix's are just HORRIBLE with bad gearing and an engine with NO top end. I think you have the edge in both situations (dig, roll) but just doing get to confident.... its very possible that he could win
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

sweet, thanx guys i will post the outcome here in a week or so when we have the race.

In all honesty depending on how well his car runs those mods are good for low 13's and high 12's...that car from a roll might be a beast for a cobb stage2... those cars are no joke modded...Watch ya self..post results.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

darn....

I thought I had a week or so until we were goin to race...but fate stepped in. I was out with my buddy and we were heading to Wendy's to get some dinner. At a stoplight guess who pulled up next to us? My buddy brad in his modded GTP. To make a short story shorter, I am pissed off. From a grunt to ~70 he had me by a car or so. From a roll to ~90 he had me by 2.5 cars. I am upset, now i have to get my car modded like 13secwrx and come back and smoke him. We still went to Wendy's, but it was just not the same after a loss.

iceing on the cake

To top off a great night. Here in Pittsburgh we have huge pot holes. I hit one on the highway goin about 65 and bent the hell out of my wheel and popped my tire. What a crappy night.

Terrible luck man...but keep your chin up! You own a rex...it's a scaled down rally car. He has a Gran Prix, which is a scaled down NASCAR. Stick him on some dirt or ice and let him spin all over the place. About the rim and tire...that was adding injury to insult, no need for that. Sorry man. You'll smoke him next time.
    Really
    Idiotic
    Car
    Enhancements

--Nuff Said--

Click here to visit the Grand Am's web page

Sorry about the pot hole..

I knew it would be a beast though. Those things modded run low 13's and high 12's at good 107-110 traps. Sorry to have been right ...I have a simple solution:

1. stay at your computer desk
    2. take your wallet out
    3. go to any ...com site that sells car parts
    4. order your wrx a bigger intercooler and some other goodies
    5. wait for ups
    6. either make an appt. or install it yourself
    7. tune it
    8. go back to wendys and wait there every day until he shows up again and kick his A$$....

its not a simple formula but its what I do every time I lose a race....thank god its not that often.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

hahahaha....I wish I had some more money This bent rim could not have come at a worse time

If they trap close to 110, a Sti or Stg 4 might have a problem with that GTP...
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

I have seen it w/my own 2 eyes...3.4 liter v6 and its supercharged...smaller pulley is a good mod ...makes pwer.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

I was upset. I thought it would be a close race, but I would win. I did not I guess a little confidence in your car is not so bad. I will get a rematch with him when i get my wheel fixed. Mabye he will burn enough tread between now and then have blad tires...lol! His car is such a sleeper too. It looks completely stock, even with the stock tires and everything.

If you really want to win...ditch the accessport, get a utec, bigger top mount, and injectors. I guarentee victory ...

$ used top mount $600-700
    $ used utec $700
    $ used injectors $300

sell your accessport $400

$1300 and your golden.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    If you really want to win...ditch the accessport, get a utec, bigger top mount, and injectors. I guarentee victory ...

$ used top mount $600-700
    $ used utec $700
    $ used injectors $300

sell your accessport $400

$1300 and your golden.
    where is bigger turbo?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.