Stg 2 WRX vs Modded GTP - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Stg 2 WRX vs Modded GTP within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wouldn't it be nice to have 00.......

wouldn't it be nice to have $1300....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

actually the gtp's have the 3.8L V6...i think just the NA SE's have the 3.4L

to trap these things at 110 you'd pretty much have to have every bolt on known to man, and more. A friend of mine is close, he's got a 99 w/ a wizair cai, DHP pcm, TOG headers, 1.9 rockers and lightweight pushrods, a machined snout w/ a 2.7" pulley, ZZP intercooler, intense LSD w/ nitto 555 DR's, and all the other basic little supporting mods (ie: u-bend delete, colder plugs, wires, etc)

I was up visiting him this week (he lives in IL) and we went out to the track one night, and the best he could pull was like a 13.1 @ 103. before he added the nittos and LSD the best he could do was a 13.5 @ 103. I think his 13.1 was w/ a 1.9 60' He should be in the high 12's, but the track was prepped rather poorly that night, and this was his first time trying to launch w/ the dr's and lsd, so he was just kinda experimenting. On a cooler night w/ better track prep i think he definently could do it. His injectors might getting a little maxed out by now too, so i think those are the next to go in.

W/ the mods you say your friend has, depending on what size pulley hes running, i'd say hes at least a mid 13 second car, IF he can get the tires to hook up. They are strong cars, theres no doubt about it. That supercharger provides them INSTANT power whenever they want it, so if they get a jump, its hard to catch back up. I was dead set on getting a gtp myself before i discovered i could afford a WRX, i never looked back after that

i think its awesome to see what my friend is doing w/ his gtp. Hes living out the dream i always wanted, so thats why i can have the wrx and live out a different dream...hehe. I want him to see 12's as much as he does, his car is THERE, it just needs the right conditions.

Side note: the night i was at the track with him, there was a silver wrx there running 12.6's all night long. I didnt get a chance to talk to him, but my friend briefly talked him, and I guess the guy was running a full turboback w/ upipe (not sure which brand), vishnu crank pulley, cobb accessport, and get this..a VF34 turbo. On the stock RE92's no less too. i think he was pullin 1.7 60's......i just couldnt believe that. I know the VF34's are good for high 12's if youre lucky...but he was pullin 12.6's every time out...he could really drive i guess.

Doesnt the cobb 2.5 include the bigger turbo...but if not then yes a bigger turbo.

I thought I had seen the gtp's a little higher then that are you sure your friends car si running right...im no expert though.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

its possible. some people on the gp boards said they thought his car was trapping a little low, which is why they think they think the injectors might be fallin a little flat, or somthin. i think where hes at right now would start the push the stock injectors in just about any car

Don't count ouy the GTP. I used to own a gt and was part of the Pittsburgh Grand Prix club. We used to go to PGH Raceway all the time and there was a silver GTP that ran a constant 12.6 or an 12.2 with a nos shot. They can be seriously fast if done up right. But the point is....WRXs ROCK!

this is true...i just wanna make a bit of correction on my previous statement cuz i think i mixed myself up. He might actually be running too rich, which is why hes fallin flat up top. cuz when he does a scan he gets almost NO knock at all, even when he puts a 2.6 pulley on, which is rather odd. If his injectors were maxing out he'd have to be seeing at least some knock somewhere. Hes got an AFC so hes gonna try to lean it out a tiny bit and see what happens.

but yeah, if fate didnt step in and allow me to get the wrx, the gtp woulda been second in line, i love those cars, and you definently gotta watch out for em...unlike our cars (unless you run an rs hood and no spoiler) they can be quite the sleeper

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    I have seen it w/my own 2 eyes...3.4 liter v6 and its supercharged...smaller pulley is a good mod ...makes pwer.
    Its a 3.8 V6 with 240hp and 280tq. coupes tend to be faster because they are just about 90lbs ligher... the main problem is that the trans was just BARELY meant to hold the 280 tq that comes stock... pulley and exhaust mods and they are pushing well over 300tq.... but the trans and rest of the car usually goes down hill pretty fast.

my old boss has a 97' GTP with pulley, full exhaust, intake, and other misc. bolt on's. he ran a 13.7
    they are quick cars modded, but like i said.... the top end sucks. my basic bolt on high-mid 14sec gsr could hang with 13sec GTP's at 60+ MPH speeds.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Don't worry, I am goin to represent the WRXs and spank him next time. I will get some new tires and be back.

Earlier this year when I was at the track a totally stock 4 door GTP ran a 14.5, the last time I was there I saw a coupe run a high 15. Temp/Driver are huge differences. Parts are not that cheap for that car. I had an 01 Monte SS with a Borla exhaust $700ish and a short ram with 9" K&N cone $70. But it did take 1.1 seconds off the 1/4 mile runs.

Nick
    Hummer Open Top
    Dodge Viper ACR

Originally posted by White Out
    Earlier this year when I was at the track a totally stock 4 door GTP ran a 14.5, the last time I was there I saw a coupe run a high 15. Temp/Driver are huge differences. Parts are not that cheap for that car. I had an 01 Monte SS with a Borla exhaust $700ish and a short ram with 9" K&N cone $70. But it did take 1.1 seconds off the 1/4 mile runs.

Nick
    yeah, i noticed the main problem is the driver being able to control/utilize the torque out of the hole..... (hence why there is such a large range of times seen with this car)
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.