FINALLY! Stock '00 S2000 vs '02 Cobb Stg 2 WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on FINALLY! Stock '00 S2000 vs '02 Cobb Stg 2 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Finally got my wife's friend to run my wrx. 2 passangers in both cars, 10pm on a empty road, about ...

FINALLY! Stock '00 S2000 vs '02 Cobb Stg 2 WRX

Finally got my wife's friend to run my wrx.

2 passangers in both cars, 10pm on a empty road, about 60-65 degrees.

First run, from the dig: I don't brake launch with the auto, the S2000 spun some off the line after I gave 3 honks. She pulled about half a car on me til she shifts second. Pulled even and gained a little at that point but she manages to inch a little everytime she gets into her sweet spot. We ran to 100 and she was about a car length back.

Second run, 25mph roll: Not sure what gear she was in, I popped mine into second and was in the spool range. 3 honks and I pulled on her instantly. I kept a car length on her the whole time, she might've lost some ground on the shifts again but gains it back. From a roll up to 100, wrx won by where my blind spot was on the sideview mirror.

Third and final run, 50mph roll: We took it on the highway, I kept it in 3rd this time. 3 honks and we're off. We were neck to neck the whole time, my car felt like it was running out of juice at this point, my front bumper was where the rear tire was by 100.

Not sure if heat soak was starting to sink in, or her car was simply stronger from the highway, but I'm seriously wanting to make this car faster as this race was too close for comfort.
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: FINALLY! Stock '00 S2000 vs '02 Cobb Stg 2 WRX

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    but I'm seriously wanting to make this car faster as this race was too close for comfort.
    And so Asian WRX, went with Cobb stage 2.5 .. and lived happily ever after ...
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Nice kills dude.

And ur 50 run...u werent running out of gas, thats the s2000 power zone..she was most likely in 3rd. and there 3rd gear is loooong.

Im going to race a s2000 around here soon, maybe get it on tape. What are u mods?
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

Originally posted by Jack
    Im going to race a s2000 around here soon, maybe get it on tape. What are u mods?
    Ooooooh, I want to too.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

nicely done.

if your car was 5spd, you probably would have won from a stop... and im suprised you kept up so well from a 50 mph roll
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

I know the S2000 has a lot more on top. I had a boosted one that was putting down 310 whp. From a dig, you should win with
    little effort. Now, if I can just get my STi to run with boosted S2K's I will be very happy. I have the SR50 in the garage, and just waiting on the injectors.

Re: FINALLY! Stock '00 S2000 vs '02 Cobb Stg 2 WRX

Originally posted by AsianWRX

Second run, 25mph roll: Not sure what gear she was in, I popped mine into second and was in the spool range.

Third and final run, 50mph roll: We took it on the highway, I kept it in 3rd this time.
    How are you popping your gears into second and third if you have an auto? I didnt know Subaru made WRX's with manual shifts?
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

the answer to what you've been looking for is 5mt
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Re: Re: FINALLY! Stock '00 S2000 vs '02 Cobb Stg 2 WRX

Originally posted by GREDDY
    How are you popping your gears into second and third if you have an auto? I didnt know Subaru made WRX's with manual shifts?
    Well.. u can still select the gears with an auto. There is the 1-2-3-D
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Ok, now I'm thoroughly confused. You're beating a S2k from a roll (which makes sense) at Cobb Stage 2, but only by a car maybe.

And Cobb Stage 2 guys in other threads are claiming to beat E46 M3's from a roll. WTF?

What traps do you guys get? If a Cobb STage 2 can outrun a E46 m3, then I would have figured you would have flat out walked this S2k. I'd like to know what to expect from this car..is this normal, or should I just take the kill on the E46 (with vid evidence) with a major grain of salt?
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Well I do have an auto running on the 91' ocatane map... I'm sure thats a big factor with the launch and gearing as well.

Another thing to consider is the driver too. She was not a bad driver at all. She handled the stick very well

I haven't run my car at the track yet, but I'd guess its trapping close to 100 give or take a mile or 2.

Originally posted by smokey
    Ok, now I'm thoroughly confused. You're beating a S2k from a roll (which makes sense) at Cobb Stage 2, but only by a car maybe.

And Cobb Stage 2 guys in other threads are claiming to beat E46 M3's from a roll. WTF?

What traps do you guys get? If a Cobb STage 2 can outrun a E46 m3, then I would have figured you would have flat out walked this S2k. I'd like to know what to expect from this car..is this normal, or should I just take the kill on the E46 (with vid evidence) with a major grain of salt?
    Well a 5mt would have pulled a little more on the s2000 due to better gearing ratios and all that. As for a Cobb Stg 2 outrunning an E46 from a roll, all i can say is that anything can happen on the street. Cobb stg 2's make nowhere near the whp that an M3 does and it also doesn't make the wrx beastly enough to outrun an m3 on the highway. To beat a stock m3 from a roll with a wrx, you would need to be around the TXS stage 4 area.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Way to represent, AsianWRX

Nice Run! I've been waiting for your story... I finally got my stage2 installed about a month or two ago and I'm just waiting for that moment me and my brother have a rematch w/ his s2k.

We raced when I was cobb stage1 and from about 60mph to about 100mph he pulled a little more than a car length... I'm really hoping that stage2 will be able to take him at highway speeds.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Originally posted by 03WREX
    Nice Run! I've been waiting for your story... I finally got my stage2 installed about a month or two ago and I'm just waiting for that moment me and my brother have a rematch w/ his s2k.

We raced when I was cobb stage1 and from about 60mph to about 100mph he pulled a little more than a car length... I'm really hoping that stage2 will be able to take him at highway speeds.
    start from a 25 mph roll or a 40. When u start around 50-60 mph the s2k will get a stage 2. Just tell ur brother 3 runs, 25, 35, 45
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.