Holy CRapppp .. the cops came to my house today!! street racing.. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Holy CRapppp .. the cops came to my house today!! street racing.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I really can't see what motivates you to get in your car and follow the kid home, talk to his ...

I really can't see what motivates you to get in your car and follow the kid home, talk to his mother, AND call the cops over a stupid little burnout....kids will be kids.
    Now if he hit your car then that's a different story because there is damage that he's liable for.

All I can say on this whole topic is that you need to accept that our legal system is imperfect, just like the humans who enforce it....you will be judged superficially on your appearance, your attitude, and your car. All you can do is conduct yourself as properly as you know how, keep your nose clean, and if a false accusation comes up be honest and deal with it...
    On the flip side some kids will be unfairly pegged for street-racing, and other gross offenders will go free...regardless of the evidence or lack thereof.

"It's like that (what?) and that's the way it is. Huah!" -Run D.M.C.
    Pushin' a Honda but scoping the Scoobies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Burnout in a condo in which he passed 6 front doors and 6 garage doors in the process.
    It's stupid, that's the sole thing that motivated me to do it. We've got kids all over the place and a park < 200 feet from the place with a blind sidewalk right at the end of where he did a burnout.
    AND less than 2 miles away there's nothing but corn. . . at least go do it there.

Originally posted by scottigee
    I really can't see what motivates you to get in your car and follow the kid home, talk to his mother, AND call the cops over a stupid little burnout....kids will be kids.
    Now if he hit your car then that's a different story because there is damage that he's liable for.

All I can say on this whole topic is that you need to accept that our legal system is imperfect, just like the humans who enforce it....you will be judged superficially on your appearance, your attitude, and your car. All you can do is conduct yourself as properly as you know how, keep your nose clean, and if a false accusation comes up be honest and deal with it...
    On the flip side some kids will be unfairly pegged for street-racing, and other gross offenders will go free...regardless of the evidence or lack thereof.

"It's like that (what?) and that's the way it is. Huah!" -Run D.M.C.

Why? He's doing it in an apartment complex. Do you know how high the chances are that a little kid will walk out in front of him? What is he going to say after he kills a kid? "Oh, my bad dawg" I don't tolerate people speeding up my street or any kind of antic just for that fact. Wait till you have kids, then you see the light and your head gets extracted from your bottom.

Originally posted by illusion
    Wait till you have kids,
    I guess I can see my perspective changing when I do have kids....

I heard "parking lot" and my mental picture was that of a more wide open space...all you parents out there immediately thought of narrow pavement and hidden corners for your kids to pop out of...interesting difference in P.O.V.

I guess my point, and the point of this thread, is that you can gather as much info on a perp as you want, and hand it to the cops, but ultimately it's up to them to decide who gets accused and prosecuted.

A while back I came out of my apartment to find my car totally smashed up ... somebody slid into it on the snow and took off. Well I did some detective work (matched DOT #'s on a piece of a turn signal , got a name, lic#, vin#, pics of his car, address...everything) and went down to the Police Station with everything the cops would ever need to nail this guy.
    The cop didn't care. I said "I'm making this really easy for you!" and he said "yeah well are you going to make it easy for me to solve the 4 homicides I'm working on too?! Just leave the paperwork."
    whereas if all this had happened in a smaller town with less going on I'm sure the cop would have been thrilled to fry this kid.
    Double standards, and that's just how it is.

Originally posted by BrianH
    i wonder what police can do when someone sees you streetracing and reports it. Even if the person wrote down your plate I don't know if there's much that they can do. .

So I wonder, even if they have your car desc. and your lic. plate can they do anything to you if the person calling in the complaint for street racing or speeding can't ID you?
    Unless the cop sees it or YOU provide video, they won't do much if all you have is a tag # and maybe even description of driver. I've had a Harley-Davidson F-150 who thought it was funny to run me off the road repeatedly, wait for me to get back on, then run me off again. I got his plate, made sure to wave pen and paper at the guy before I went home. I called the police, they sent a motorcycle cop who listened to what I had to say, then told me there's not much they can do about it because the guy could say I just randomly picked out his tag or he wasn't in the car, etc.

However, the same does not go when it happens to you. I've noticed when I'm falsely accused of something, the cop insists I did it even if I can provide video showing no such thing. They didn't see it and the call was, of course, anonymous, so no legal statement.

It's one seriously messed up system. People can cause hell for you because they feel like being an *******, but when you really do need something done, such as removing the F-150 from public roads, it cannot be done. The current system does not provide adequately for our safety.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

maybe the best thing you can do is install a rollcage and bolt a camera to it. someone gives you sh1t hit RECORD and hope for the best

I wonder if Lojack would be good to prove where you have and haven't been..and maybe how fast you were going.

maybe the best thing you can do is install a rollcage and bolt a camera to it. someone gives you sh1t hit RECORD and hope for the best

I wonder if Lojack would be good to prove where you have and haven't been..and maybe how fast you were going.
    I WILL be putting cameras in my car, just not also other stuff (like rollcage). I've needed to for other reasons but to catch road ragers will be a new, satisfying reason. I already carry my camcorder everywhere I go, just in case.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

It's also good in case you manage to get some bizich to flash her tatters....

In which case please post in the video forum!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.