Holy CRapppp .. the cops came to my house today!! street racing.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Holy CRapppp .. the cops came to my house today!! street racing.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Cops can do whatever they damn well please... it always pays to be respectful and honest. Saying things like "you ...

Cops can do whatever they damn well please... it always pays to be respectful and honest.

Saying things like "you can't prove it" and "show me the video" will only make your life a living hell until the day your lawyer can convince the judge that you're a good citizen.
    Pushin' a Honda but scoping the Scoobies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by illusion
    I've had my nuts ripped off from some jealous arsehole when I had my 280z(with a blown chevy 350 transplant, about 600whp). Some little R-boy had a hair up his butt and was tailgating the crap out of me while I was just relaxing having a nice drive through the mountains I finally got fed up with him and slowed down to the speed limit(I was doing about 15 over the limit while he was riding my ass) He tried to jump into oncoming traffic and pass me so I put the hammer down and put 10 bus lengths on him before letting off and going back down to the speed limit. He tried this 4 times before I was finally at the pub I was heading to. I pulled over and he whipped over and got out of his car in a hurry. I stepped out and he realized a 6' 235lb ex navy monster was about to beat him silly if he tried anything so he got back in his car and took off. Anyhow, I was just about done with my lunch and two cops come in and asked around, more than likely asking who the guy with the silver monster was. They very slowly come up to me and ask if I'd step outside. No problem, I had nothing to hide. The instant I get outside there are two other cops with their guns drawn and the ones that walked me out buckle my knees and take me to the ground. They handcuffed me and threw me in the back of their car. They searched my car from top to bottom then came and then asked me "where did you hide the gun?". I was like "WTF? what gun?" It turns out this assmunch called in and said I pulled a gun on him and fired a round over his car of course no witnesses because I didn't have a gun with me(thank god I didn't have any of my toys in the car at the time). They took me to the station and ran a powder test on my hands. They said everything seemed kosher and the guy was probably an ass, but he called from a pay phone and didn't give his real info. So I got my balls busted over an anonymous call.

so be careful, all it takes is someone's word to cause you a ton of trouble.
    EXACTLY. I even got out of my few times talking to the cops that the calls were anonymous. Personally, I think they shouldn't act unless the person is willing to give name, address, phone number and make a statement in person if need be. Otherwise, it's too easy to call in for something that hasn't happened.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by scottigee
    Cops can do whatever they damn well please... it always pays to be respectful and honest.

Saying things like "you can't prove it" and "show me the video" will only make your life a living hell until the day your lawyer can convince the judge that you're a good citizen.
    The only problem is lawyers can make life a living hell for officers as well, as can enough valid, proven complaints. It's hard to give someone a hard time if you've been kicked off a police force.

RN

xDx
    I've had my nuts ripped off from some jealous arsehole when I had my 280z(with a blown chevy 350 transplant, about 600whp). Some little R-boy had a hair up his butt and was tailgating the crap out of me while I was just relaxing having a nice drive through the mountains I finally got fed up with him and slowed down to the speed limit(I was doing about 15 over the limit while he was riding my ass) He tried to jump into oncoming traffic and pass me so I put the hammer down and put 10 bus lengths on him before letting off and going back down to the speed limit. He tried this 4 times before I was finally at the pub I was heading to. I pulled over and he whipped over and got out of his car in a hurry. I stepped out and he realized a 6' 235lb ex navy monster was about to beat him silly if he tried anything so he got back in his car and took off. Anyhow, I was just about done with my lunch and two cops come in and asked around, more than likely asking who the guy with the silver monster was. They very slowly come up to me and ask if I'd step outside. No problem, I had nothing to hide. The instant I get outside there are two other cops with their guns drawn and the ones that walked me out buckle my knees and take me to the ground. They handcuffed me and threw me in the back of their car. They searched my car from top to bottom then came and then asked me "where did you hide the gun?". I was like "WTF? what gun?" It turns out this assmunch called in and said I pulled a gun on him and fired a round over his car of course no witnesses because I didn't have a gun with me(thank god I didn't have any of my toys in the car at the time). They took me to the station and ran a powder test on my hands. They said everything seemed kosher and the guy was probably an ass, but he called from a pay phone and didn't give his real info. So I got my balls busted over an anonymous call.

so be careful, all it takes is someone's word to cause you a ton of trouble.
    ^WoW that's ****ed up..

But if you think about it..life is boring at time and you need a little excitement like that...just a good thing u had no gun in there ...

Actually if the gun was being legally carried it would have been a good thing. They could immediately se it hadn't been fired recently upon a quick inspection. Unless you had just been at the firing range then you'd be hosed.

OT - what the hell is on your hood?

OT - what the hell is on your hood?
    Mummified frog.

RN

hXc
    I know when I went to visit my friend in VA, they have choppers that fly over head and get street racers and speeders. Know thats crazy.

Originally posted by hXc
    I know when I went to visit my friend in VA, they have choppers that fly over head and get street racers and speeders. Know thats crazy.
    That ish was orchestrated.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Originally posted by renichms
    Mummified frog.

RN
    I kind of see it....have any higher res pics? where is your scoop?

sorry to be so OT...err...ummm....were you street racing the frog?

I kind of see it....have any higher res pics? where is your scoop?

sorry to be so OT...err...ummm....were you street racing the frog?
    Lost the higher res pics. Straddled it one night to avoid running it over. It jumped too high and I didn't know about it at the time. Pulled it out right before my first 1/4 mile run. We put the frog on the top of the scoop.

RN

Originally posted by renichms
    Lost the higher res pics. Straddled it one night to avoid running it over. It jumped too high and I didn't know about it at the time. Pulled it out right before my first 1/4 mile run. We put the frog on the top of the scoop.

RN
    BWAHAHAHA!!! So your scoop ate the frog?!!! HILARIOUS!!!!

BWAHAHAHA!!! So your scoop ate the frog?!!! HILARIOUS!!!!
    The big, open area below the grill ate the frog...where you'd put a FMIC. Good thing I didn't have one. My scoop has eaten bugs large enough to bend bits of the IC though.

RN

Originally posted by 2fastwrx3112
    ya, i havent gotten cops called on me about my car yet, but i always find like coke spilled on my car and **** like that. It really sucks because... i dont have an STi so i dont have a huge wing, but people poor **** on the hood scoop and stuff. I hate it...if i ever see anyone do it i will bash there brains.
    Some people are just jealous of functional hoodscoops (owners of Mustangs, Toyota trucks, etc).
    N.E. F4
    Mods

i wonder what police can do when someone sees you streetracing and reports it. Even if the person wrote down your plate I don't know if there's much that they can do. .

Ex:

030304 - I was waking up sitting at my computer which looks right out into the parking lot of my condo complex. I watch newer civic pull in and his buddy jumps out of the car with a camera. He proceeds to turn around and then with his buddy videotaping do a burnout about 30 ft long in our complex. I got his lic. plate and realized it was the kid that lived a block away. . . I could hear him zipping up and down the local streets so I got in my car went and found him. Once he noticed me following him he hightailed it home to his mommys house. I told her what he did and she told me to call the police on him, I did and I couldn't id the driver although I could ID the passenger. The police officer said that since I couldn't ID him that nothing could be done with this incident.

So I wonder, even if they have your car desc. and your lic. plate can they do anything to you if the person calling in the complaint for street racing or speeding can't ID you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast