STi and Eclipse
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi and Eclipse within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My dad just bought a white STi and wanted to see how it stood aginst my Evo after his break ...

STi and Eclipse

My dad just bought a white STi and wanted to see how it stood aginst my Evo after his break in. I have a dyno flash and a turbo back exhaust added. We did a few runs from 40mph and 60mph. From 40,we would stay pretty close but by mid 3rd gear I would pull hard and put at least 5 cars on him..more as we went past 110. From 60, I would let him get the jump and by 4th gear i would put quite a few cars on him all the way to 120. He told me it wasn't even close but I said wait until he mods it.

Later today, I see a green eclipse with a front mount screeching his tires all over the road at me..trying to get my attention. Well, we end up hitting a long straight away and do a 60 punch. He was at my door to 90 and then i shut down because of the speed limit. I was curious as to what he may have done to keep up?Would he need a bigger turbo or would all the bolt ons do it? I dynoed at 264hp and 265 trq before the exhaust if it helps any. Sorry for the long post and thanx for the feed back

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ok, I am lost!
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Well there are first gen ecplises with the stock turbo in the 11s so anything is possible..

I'm assuming it was a GS-T since you said he was spinning his tires, so they are a little lighter and have less drivetrain loss to keep up from a roll. Chance are he had a slightly bigger turbo like your 16g and some other minor bolts with the FMIC.

so was this a sti vs eclipse or evo vs eclipse?
    2004 Subaru Wrx Sti

im pretty sure...from what i read...evo vs. older eclipse?

xDx
    He's saying he first raced his dad's STi and then raced an Eclipse on the streets...and he owns an EVo....i think..

What Evo do you have?

Oh and i think it's awesome you race your dad and compare cars like that...

ya that is awesome that your dad wanted to race. I raced my dad once in his car, but... he wasnt really trying so it sucked.

I have a 03 white evo and my dad bought an 05 sti not too long ago.We raced and later on I had a run in with the eclipse..that little bugger was faaast

Re: STi and Eclipse

Originally posted by sub03
    My dad just bought a white STi and wanted to see how it stood aginst my Evo after his break in. I have a dyno flash and a turbo back exhaust added. We did a few runs from 40mph and 60mph. From 40,we would stay pretty close but by mid 3rd gear I would pull hard and put at least 5 cars on him..more as we went past 110. From 60, I would let him get the jump and by 4th gear i would put quite a few cars on him all the way to 120. He told me it wasn't even close but I said wait until he mods it.

5 cars length on the STi ? hmm.... i think yr dad is not racing u or the STi is not fully broken in yet. stock STis put down ~250-260 whp, so even u got a TBE, i dont think 5 cars is possible. unless yr dad suck and shifting ...
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

i have the dyno flash also...minus the exhaust i put down 264 to the wheels.Say the exhaust adds 20 hp, that would put me at roughly 285.Is it too far fetched to believe i put some cars on him with 30hp at the wheels more than him? I know I was surprised too but i pulled him pretty good in fourth gear and he isn't a bad driver by any means.

Re: Re: STi and Eclipse

Originally posted by 4Gsixty3
    5 cars length on the STi ? hmm.... i think yr dad is not racing u or the STi is not fully broken in yet. stock STis put down ~250-260 whp, so even u got a TBE, i dont think 5 cars is possible. unless yr dad suck and shifting ...
    they(sti's stock) put about 230-240 awhp...and it makes total sense if a evo with exhaust/reflash puts distance on a sti off a roll...plus the fact that sti maybe is not fully broken in yet and is not performing at full capability
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 07-26-2004 at 05:02 PM.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I'm not sure when the STi is fully broken in but it does have over 1000 miles..but i can see it performing better as the miles rack up

Subaru has to figure out how to transfer the power from the crank to the wheels. the amount of horsepower and tq lost from the crank to the wheels is ridiculous. 300hp at the crank for an sti and it puts down 230-240?! That's 20% power loss... argh!
    1993 Subaru Impreza
    160,000 miles and still rollin

Originally posted by GraimeG
    Subaru has to figure out how to transfer the power from the crank to the wheels. the amount of horsepower and tq lost from the crank to the wheels is ridiculous. 300hp at the crank for an sti and it puts down 230-240?! That's 20% power loss... argh!

wrx has around 170whp 2 227 crank ..its not a subaru thing..its an awd thing....that's 25 percent loss btw...

sub03..do you know much evo dynos stock?thanks
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Originally posted by GraimeG
    That's about 20-25% is norm for AWD cars. Think, You have the tranny to go through, the center diff, and the front and rear diff, dog bones, wheel bearings, all kinds of fun. If you think that's bad you should see the loss for an auto AWD car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast