got owned by a civic - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on got owned by a civic within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; then he would be totally crazy posting to himself It just bugs me when people have mindless tunnel vision and ...

then he would be totally crazy posting to himself
    It just bugs me when people have mindless tunnel vision and
    can't see good points in other cars. I love it how people base their opinion of all hondas on a civic . nice one. I really like subarus but honda make excellent cars too

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Kdcass
    What if 'Russ' is really 'RSXsucks', could be that guy seems pretty sneaky.
    Not that you'd have any reason to believe me... but no. It is kind of funny though because if you take out the SXS.ck from RSXSucks, you DO get Rus!!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Civic SI vs. Stock WRX

My buddy has a Civic SI Turbocharged with front mount intercooler, intake, port&polish, pulleys...everything. His turbo is capable of running 20 psi but he leaves it at about 8 for everyday driving. My stock WRX can take the Civic when he turns down the boost but when he cranks the boost...I'm done. I have no shame in losing to him because I know and he knows, if I put half the money into mine that he has then he's got no chance.
    Anyways, I can lose to a Civic and I'm not ashamed of it because I'm still stock under the hood. Once the money starts going into my engine and I still lose, then I've got some worrying to do.
    Russ...if he's stock and Civic's done up then leave him alone. If it was the other way around then the boy's got some problems.

Dan
    '04 Silver STi
    '02 WRB WRX Sedan SOLD

OK, I apologize. Can't we all just get along?

Hey Russ,
    I was at the track a few weeks ago and I watched a Dodge Caravan run a low 13. Complete with wood paneling and everything. My car runs a 14.11 on this same track. Trust me, I can drive my car, and there is no way I could get his times. You think getting beat by a Honda is bad, try lining up with that thing and watch him pull away. It's sad.

But at the same time, the van was heavily modified under the hood (why, I'll never know). His engine life will be measured in hours.

I don't mind loosing to other cars, but the thing to keep in mind is that I'm running stock (aside from exhaust) and they probably aren't (unless it's an M3 or something like that).

A friend of mine owns a 350hp SiR. You want to race that? You wouldn't stand a chance past 2nd gear.

Regards.
    2002 WRX Sedan 5-spd

There seems to be a question on how heavily my car is modified since I hear these "losing to a heavily modded Civic blah blah", maybe I didin't make it clearer, but this is not a 300+whp money pit. This is just a 1.6L SOHC Civic with a $1200 GReddy bolt-on turbo kit. In total it's about $3500 under the hood with the ECU and tuning, yea it's more than stock obviously, but don't fool yourself into thinking this is one of those $10k Civic's or something.. far from. I'll take my $3500 and 217whp and be happy with it untill I can further it
    Dave
    98 Civic EX
    99 Integra GS-R
    www.makuragi.s5.com

217whp for $3500!! That's impressive power for the money! Wow.

I wasn't picking on you at all VTC_CiViC. I was trying to say what's the difference bettween a modified Honda vs a modified Mazda vs a modified Lada?

The WRX is a beast out of the box, but the Honda is a beast with little effort, and with excellent suspension to boot.

217whp is amazing! A stock WRX has 167whp and 167 lb-ft torque (according to SCC) at the wheels (on a 4-wheel dyno). I believe a stock WRX is about 180whp on a front wheel dyno.

Apples to apples, VTC_CiViC's civic is a monster.
    Last edited by Slayer; 08-13-2002 at 07:58 AM.
    2002 WRX Sedan 5-spd

Originally posted by russ
    Congratulating this guy for being a good loser amazes me. I try to be civil here, but this is just plain embarassing. Skinny son, who can't drive clutch (yet) cold beat a Honda. Any Honda. Have you no shame?

We need to stop partonizing people in favor of honesty. Losers are losers in anybody's lexicon.

russ
    LOL!

Translation: Next time do a ricer flyby as the Civic shuts down and then post how you suddenly blew right past him as your turbo kicked in in 4th gear!

Originally posted by Slayer
    217whp for $3500!! That's impressive power for the money! Wow.

I wasn't picking on you at all VTC_CiViC. I was trying to say what's the difference bettween a modified Honda vs a modified Mazda vs a modified Lada?

The WRX is a beast out of the box, but the Honda is a beast with little effort, and with excellent suspension to boot.

217whp is amazing! A stock WRX has 167whp and 167 lb-ft torque (according to SCC) at the wheels (on a 4-wheel dyno). I believe a stock WRX is about 180whp on a front wheel dyno.

Apples to apples, VTC_CiViC's civic is a monster.

LOL Thanks, I'd hardly call it a monster, especially with some of the Honda's lurking around Miami who could decimate me.. but I guess I can old my own, especially when I tell people "oh, it' just an EX" hehe
    Dave
    98 Civic EX
    99 Integra GS-R
    www.makuragi.s5.com

Originally posted by Slayer
    Hey Russ,
    I was at the track a few weeks ago and I watched a Dodge Caravan run a low 13. Complete with wood paneling and everything. My car runs a 14.11 on this same track. Trust me, I can drive my car, and there is no way I could get his times. You think getting beat by a Honda is bad, try lining up with that thing and watch him pull away. It's sad.

But at the same time, the van was heavily modified under the hood (why, I'll never know). His engine life will be measured in hours.

I don't mind loosing to other cars, but the thing to keep in mind is that I'm running stock (aside from exhaust) and they probably aren't (unless it's an M3 or something like that).

A friend of mine owns a 350hp SiR. You want to race that? You wouldn't stand a chance past 2nd gear.

Regards.
    hehe that reminds me of a friend of mines old toyota hiace,
    it's bright pink ... 350whp with a worked 5Liter V8 in it
    it's
    a) very scarey to ride in
    b) very very fast
    c) got $hitty suspension

we've never run a quater in it though. he uses it to tow his sprint car around at the speedway

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123