got owned by a civic - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on got owned by a civic within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Slayer My girlfriend drives a 2000 Civic SiR and I love the car. My fastest 1/4 mile ...

Originally posted by Slayer
    My girlfriend drives a 2000 Civic SiR and I love the car. My fastest 1/4 mile time with the WRX was 14.11 and she has no trouble keeping up with the WRX at all (unless we really stand on it). But the suspension on the SiR alone is amazing! And for a 1.6 N/A, it really moves! Her car is an absolute blast to drive. And when driven easy, she gets wicked fuel economy with it.
    The people that knock Honda's should sit down and really look at one some day. If they still don't like them, then they're jealous. whew... all this from a WRX driver!
    The SiR is an autoX killer in capable hands. Too bad the new ones are so ugly (totally my opinion) because I've always liked the look of the Civic. I think, up until this year, it was one of the nicest looking economy cars out there. This year though, I don't know, the SpecV has really caught my eye in more ways than one.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Initial-d~4life's Avatar

good times

yea it was a nice freindly race but i will beat you lol. iam not in a hurry i see you all the time so my day will come.

how much money do u think that guy has put into his car, its really nice..i respect that civic...i have no problem with hondas just most the onwers..
    ---------------nighthawk black RSX---------------
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)
    alpine CD player (COM 7874)
    ------------------------------------------
    are there any Stage kits for the RSX?? PM me if u know of any..
    -------------------------------------------------------
    VEHICAL OF CHOICE--->SUBARU!(WRX)

Originally posted by RSXSucks

The SiR is an autoX killer in capable hands. Too bad the new ones are so ugly (totally my opinion) because I've always liked the look of the Civic. I think, up until this year, it was one of the nicest looking economy cars out there. This year though, I don't know, the SpecV has really caught my eye in more ways than one.

Holy $hit ! I'm gonna have to agree here. The new civics look like those horrid toyota echo abortions (Don't know if you get the echo's over there in the states but imagine a dwarf pregnant civic
    with a lame ass VVTi engine (try hard VTEC)

Originally posted by wombat

Holy $hit ! I'm gonna have to agree here. The new civics look like those horrid toyota echo abortions (Don't know if you get the echo's over there in the states but imagine a dwarf pregnant civic
    with a lame ass VVTi engine (try hard VTEC)
    oh yes we have the echo - unfortunately. and all the new hondas remind me of the insite's back. all curved in and looking weird! not good
    - M a t t -
    1997 Toyota Supra TT 6-speed
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    http://www.10-94.net/misc/sig.jpg
    The 10/94 Forum

Originally posted by daiviouth

oh yes we have the echo - unfortunately. and all the new hondas remind me of the insite's back. all curved in and looking weird! not good
    - M a t t -
    are your echo drivers as $hit as ours? and think their 1.3L VVTidiot motor will lay smack down on everything out there?

only seen one or two, and for only about 2 secs each. the one second it was infront of me, and the other second it was fading in my review mirror.
    1997 Toyota Supra TT 6-speed
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    http://www.10-94.net/misc/sig.jpg
    The 10/94 Forum

My last car, before the WRX was a 99 Civic LX. I drove 180 mi. round trip to work, every day for a year, then 640 mi. each way to work every week (weekends), for 6 months. Remember, I build power plants and had to travel to work when air flights weren't practical.

The Civic was great. Mroe than 35 mi/gal. While I was fastidious about maintenance, it was my bread and butter, reliabilty was exceptional! Bought it for less tha $13k and sold it for $10.5K after 3 years and 65K miles!

After wifey bought her Outback VDC (I already knew about the WRX) I said I gotta have a WRX. While the Honda had exceptionally good qualities, the WRX (in stock trim!) would eat ANY Honda ever made alive, spit out the bones, ask for more, then pi$$ on the remains. The fact that the Honda guys are posting over this is an embarassment.

A monument to bad driving.

Congratulating this guy for being a good loser amazes me. I try to be civil here, but this is just plain embarassing. Skinny son, who can't drive clutch (yet) cold beat a Honda. Any Honda. Have you no shame?

We need to stop partonizing people in favor of honesty. Losers are losers in anybody's lexicon.

russ

Originally posted by russ
    My last car, before the WRX was a 99 Civic LX. I drove 180 mi. round trip to work, every day for a year, then 640 mi. each way to work every week (weekends), for 6 months. Remember, I build power plants and had to travel to work when air flights weren't practical.

The Civic was great. Mroe than 35 mi/gal. While I was fastidious about maintenance, it was my bread and butter, reliabilty was exceptional! Bought it for less tha $13k and sold it for $10.5K after 3 years and 65K miles!

After wifey bought her Outback VDC (I already knew about the WRX) I said I gotta have a WRX. While the Honda had exceptionally good qualities, the WRX (in stock trim!) would eat ANY Honda ever made alive, spit out the bones, ask for more, then pi$$ on the remains. The fact that the Honda guys are posting over this is an embarassment.

Congratulating this guy for being a good loser amazes me. I try to be civil here, but this is just plain embarassing. Skinny son, who can't drive clutch (yet) cold beat a Honda. Any Honda. Have you no shame?

We need to stop partonizing people in favor of honesty. Losers are losers in anybody's lexicon.

russ
    Hehe, maybe I wasn't all that extreme in my posts? This rivals my very best ones!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by russ

russ

You mean to tell me that you'd feel sorry for yourself if your car in stock trim lost to a highly modified Honda? That's like saying you should feel bad if you lose a street fight to Bruce Lee even though you don't have any experience in martial arts. Give me a break. I don't know how much money was invested into this particular Honda but if that money was invested into stock WRX, there could quite easily be no need for a discussion. Your closed-mindedness is just plain embarassing for everyone that posts on this forum.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Originally posted by RSXSucks

Hehe, maybe I wasn't all that extreme in my posts? This rivals my very best ones!
    yep

Any Honda. Any day. If you lose to a Honda, you're a bad driver. End of story. Do something to get better and stop whining.

If I lost in anything to anybody, including Bruce Lee, I'd be embarrased. Losing sucks. Especially to Hondas.
    Last edited by MisterX; 08-12-2002 at 07:02 PM.

and the winner of the knob head award is..... russ
    get a life

Lighten up.

What if 'Russ' is really 'RSXsucks', could be that guy seems pretty sneaky.

Just a wild theory.

RSX Type-S sounds like a cool car to me. 200 hp out of 2 na liters, who cant respect that? Not to mention a 6sp gear box (only thing I envy as WRX'er) For some reason they look Cavalierish to me. Heck my V6 eclipse only had 205 hp out of a 3 liters.

-Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.