I finally raced the e46 M3 guys...read.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on I finally raced the e46 M3 guys...read. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So some of you were pretty actie in my last post regarding what the outcome would be between my STI ...

Banned

I finally raced the e46 M3 guys...read.

So some of you were pretty actie in my last post regarding what the outcome would be between my STI with ecutek, 3" downpipe and full 3" exhaust and boost set at 19.4 psi. I dynod my car after i got everything intalled and tuned and my best run was 275 rwhp. My tuner said it was really hot and my car is prob 280 at wheels but whatver ... oh and my tourque is 300 lbs at wheel aprox 365 LBS at flywheel... anyways today (Sunday ) a bunch of us got together and my buddy with the M3 SMG and I did 10-12 runs from stops , rolls and even high speeds.. Unfortunatly I dopn't have this on video put youl will have to trust me on these outcomes for I have admoted to losing to this homo when I was bone stock.. so 1st of all It's a cabriolet so it weighs more..

1st Twon runs from a dead stop I RIPPED him a new *******... like 3 cars . WE knew it wasn't fair but I had to see.. next 3 -olls were from 40 mph i am in 2cnd gear 3 honks and i pull on him by end of 4th about 1-2 cars... next 3 runs - from 65 mph I am in 3rd same exac outcome... now the last bunch were from around 75-80 mph and we were neck to neck until aorund 130 mph whcih is were we stoped i was so peranoid cops would come around.. anyways .. Conclusion is that My sti pushing 375 at the flywheels could take a m3 smg convertible from any speed.. ( maybe top top speed it would pull but who races like that) He was very imprssed and is now looking into chipping his m3 ... this will never end. But bottom line is this.. I paid 30 k for my ride and dumped a total of $2700 and have a faster car than he does.. LOL.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: I finally raced the e46 M3 guys...read.

Originally posted by Tailspin
    But bottom line is this.. I paid 30 k for my ride and dumped a total of $2700 and have a faster car than he does.. LOL.
    But he still has a M3 convertible.

Good kill.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Banned
    LOL.. very true. I want to race a m3 coupe and a 6spd. They say that the smg is fatser bu there is noyhing like a 6 spd. It was alot of fun and I would like to see what the outcome would be if he were stock stock. I know M3's are so hard to get power out of they are so tweeked out already I doubd the exhaust even gave him that much more HP.

Nice, those M3's are fast. But you know what your faster.

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Re: I finally raced the e46 M3 guys...read.

Originally posted by silverscooby
    But he still has a M3 convertible.

Good kill.
    Nice runs. M3 are fast, but it's pretty easy to get out cars faster. No go do some more mods and go find an M5!!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Re: I finally raced the e46 M3 guys...read.

Originally posted by Tailspin
    But bottom line is this.. I paid 30 k for my ride and dumped a total of $2700 and have a faster car than he does.. LOL.
    good kill....

But now you must realize that people pay money for cars other then being "faster" than the next car.......

Nice kills...I told you that you would win

No need for an m5 they are actually slower then the m3...good stuff man. congrats !
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

congrats! nice kill..i thought it was a coupe oh well

not 2 burst your bubble or anything..but my friends 350z with just intake took a smg convertible m3 (e46) from a roll ..15 to about 120 by about 2 car...they ran 3 times..twice my friends z won...one time m3 got a jump and won by half a car
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by 13secwrx
    No need for an m5 they are actually slower then the m3...good stuff man. congrats !
    Not the new M5's
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

i thought a stock STi was about even with M3's...
    Last edited by B|2imstone; 07-25-2004 at 04:04 PM.

Your right...we even need more mods to hang...

A stock sti will lose from a roll to a stock m3 e46...less whp.

From a dig it should win...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

sti's trap typically around 102 ..at best like 104..m3 traps around 104-106...m3 is supposed to be faster....people on these forums have had encounters and supposedly kept up with nearly stock sti's ...but m3 is supposed to be much faster on the highway..of a stop in a 1/4 mile race its a different story...it seems like not all m3's are the same..or not all sti's the same..btw people with cobb stage 2 rexes have taken m3's off a roll..its just weird..recently a video was up of one....if you truly have 280whp and 300 torque to the wheels...a convertible m3 should be knowhere close to you..they are about half a second slower on 1/4 mile times(than a coupe m3)..trap slower also...like i said..friends z w/intake took smg convertibel m3 off a roll ...i think basically anything can happen on the street..that's how i see it atleast (sorry for the rant and crappy grammar)

and oh yeah btw

i have no respect for smg m3 drivers ...i said this to a guy around here with a smg coupe m3

''my grandma and all her senior citizen friends drive smg m3's''

that is all
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

nice kill nonetheless but the guy that owns the m3 shouldnt be ashamed. he's got car "mojo" a STi can never have.

sorry guys, but i'd take an m3 convertible 90% of the time over a STi, maybe for those few snowy days i would actually like some traction and a hard top.

obviously, i dont have $60k either. i'll stop dreaming now. one day, maybe i can have both
    Last edited by express_wagon; 07-25-2004 at 05:11 PM.
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

I hear ya...I am actually considering trading my wrx for a new s2000...I know it will never be as fast, but it is very pimp...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Banned

thanks guys...

I am not calling you a Liar but I owned a 350z track model and had a pop charger and borla exhaust and this guy with the m3 killed me everytime.. so I dunno how your buddy took the m3. the Z is a 14.1-14.2 1/14 mile car it's a heavy pig with no balls . Now the stock sti pushes 230 rwhp at wheels stock and 227 lbs of tourque stock.. that is not enough to compete with a M3 )even a cab) I have seen 0-60 times for the cab at 5.1 and for the coupe 4.9 so i dunno... But like I said I now have 300 lbs of tourque at the wheels (which is like 365 at the crank ) and 278 hp at wheels which is around 360ish... but stock for stock the M3 will dominate. Now this freind of mines father has a CTS-V and wants to race the M3 and me sometime this week... I will definatly try to post my Dyno sheet this week.. I think it's amazing that ecutek, full exhaust and downpipe give such amazing results.. anyways today was fun and we were very carefull about it BTW- I don't do stupid **** and race like a ass-hole on streets.. we went to a total industrial rd whic hwas completly empty.. that is why we waited until sunday...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.