I finally raced the e46 M3 guys...read. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on I finally raced the e46 M3 guys...read. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You have to take infact that the WRX weighs couple hundred pounds less then the STi, There fore it should ...

You have to take infact that the WRX weighs couple hundred pounds less then the STi, There fore it should be a little faster then it, it also doesnt have to move the big 17inch wheels the STi has.

Although I wish i had them

On a lighter note I was the one who beat the e46 M3 and got it on tape.

Im really suprised people are still doubting WRX's being able to beat M3's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Great races. I'm glad you had fun.

On to other comments you made. I my opinion, I'd rather have an M3 Vert than a faster WRX + $2700. That's why I NEVER make comments like that. I know that even if I did beat that guy. I'm still driving a piece of garbage and he or she's driving a beamer, Mercedes, etc.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

I wouldnt consider a WRX a peice of garbadge, Its a very nice car in my opinion. You could buy a lexus for the same price you buy a wrx. But a wrx will be more fun then that lexus will ever be.

If i wanted a luxuary car i would have bought an is300, or a used MB s class for the same about of money. But i chose to buy a car that i knew i would have alot of fun in.

Originally posted by Shaitiger

On to other comments you made. I my opinion, I'd rather have an M3 Vert than a faster WRX + $2700. That's why I NEVER make comments like that. I know that even if I did beat that guy. I'm still driving a piece of garbage and he or she's driving a beamer, Mercedes, etc.
    It's funny to read that a WRX is garbage in a WRX vs the World forum.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

isn't the cab m3 smg a good deal slower than the coupe manual? I thought it runs high 13s.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Originally posted by jungdragon
    isn't the cab m3 smg a good deal slower than the coupe manual? I thought it runs high 13s.
    coupe run's mid 13's....convertible run's high 13's
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Originally posted by Tailspin
    Ya but the M3 smg is dummy prooof! Just step on the gas and paddle shift any ******* can figure that out.. LOL
    not if he doesn't know how to use the launch control!

M3 vert is heavier, but w/ the power the STi got to the wheels the M3 coupe still will lose by at least half the distance how the vert lost. Power/Weight ratio is just too much to over come.

WRX/STi are NOT garbadge, period! and that's from a MB guy like me.

on the other hand, the E39 M5 would give his STi a better run from the roll. The M3's 260TQ is its achille's heel.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Originally posted by express_wagon
    nice kill nonetheless but the guy that owns the m3 shouldnt be ashamed. he's got car "mojo" a STi can never have.

sorry guys, but i'd take an m3 convertible 90% of the time over a STi, maybe for those few snowy days i would actually like some traction and a hard top.

obviously, i dont have $60k either. i'll stop dreaming now. one day, maybe i can have both
    a new coupe? 100% of the time. sti's are great and all, but they are no m3.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by Tailspin
    hmm... ok well stock sti's dyno at 230 at wheels and they don't hag with m3's so i dunno how a wrx with 240 at wheels can hang with a m3
    Well, like I said, some Stage II guys are claiming to beat E46 M3's from a dig. I've seen one vid as evidence...but it doesn't make sense to me either. But hey, on the street, anything can happen as well all know.
    Last edited by smokey; 07-28-2004 at 08:13 AM.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by BlackSnake
    You have to take infact that the WRX weighs couple hundred pounds less then the STi, There fore it should be a little faster then it, it also doesnt have to move the big 17inch wheels the STi has.

Although I wish i had them

On a lighter note I was the one who beat the e46 M3 and got it on tape.

Im really suprised people are still doubting WRX's being able to beat M3's
    Dude, I've come to the conclusion that either your car is a factory freak or you're hiding some mods. I've been researching Cobb Stage 2 and most guys barely pull on stock S2k's from a roll. Your car is a HUGE anomoly or you're not telling us the whole story. I'm sorry, your results just do not jive with everyone else's. And obviously I believe you because you had the race on vid, but it is not consistent in the slightest with other accounts of what Stage 2 equipped cars should do.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Yeah i agree with smokey. From a dig, a cobb stg II MIGHT be able to hold off an M3 but from a roll the M3 will still own. The Cobb stg II will still have wrx's trap well under 100mph, while a stock m3 will trap in the mid 100's
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Originally posted by smokey
    Dude, I've come to the conclusion that either your car is a factory freak or you're hiding some mods. I've been researching Cobb Stage 2 and most guys barely pull on stock S2k's from a roll. Your car is a HUGE anomoly or you're not telling us the whole story. I'm sorry, your results just do not jive with everyone else's. And obviously I believe you because you had the race on vid, but it is not consistent in the slightest with other accounts of what Stage 2 equipped cars should do.

in the s2k race you speak of wrx was auto....HUGE difference...also i dont get why everyone says cobb stage 2 cant trap 100mph...if my up/dp/cb and mbc can trap almost 100mph why cant cobb stage 2??...and cobb stage 2 is supposed to trap around 103mph....if it doesnt ..and it only trap @ 98 mph..than COBB is SH!T cause my cars faster than that without ecu management
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Originally posted by smokey

Why would I hide some mods? LOL

I was beating s2ks with just up/dp/cb

Maybe my car is a factory freak. But anything is posible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123