1 in a Million Kind of Race!

This is a discussion on 1 in a Million Kind of Race! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm driving on the 110fwy at about 70 ish minding my business, when I see 2 pairs of HID lights ...

1 in a Million Kind of Race!

I'm driving on the 110fwy at about 70 ish minding my business, when I see 2 pairs of HID lights gaining on me quick, so I say to myself these to are racing, I'm staying put. Next thing you know they both split, one to my left and the other to my right and get next to me. I'm like what the Eff and its 2 EVO's, a black & blue EVO wanting to pick on me. Guy in the Blue one waves at me and signals 3 honk and go.

Since I'm in the middle, I honk and down shift to 3rd and I instantly pull on the black EVO and the blue one is glued to me. Long Story Short, the Black EVO falls back a good 2-3 cars and the Blue EVO about a car up to 130mph ( I know I shouldn't be racing this fast, but I couldn't get Punked by 2 EVO's)
    We pull over and the Black EVO is stock w/Intake, and the Blue EVO had the APS Stage 1 Kit, Boost Controller and an Apexi AFC. The Guy in the Blue EVO said I was the 1st SRT to beat him and didn't believe me on my mods, He said I had more stuff that I wasn't telling him, but I told him the truth as my sig says. Awesome Race, and a Good stand for the SRT cuz theses 2 EVO's thought they could pick on me. Great cars, but Cocky drivers, especially the one in the Blue EVO.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i was going to go no way! then i saw your list of mods, pretty impressive, those srt4's are pretty damn fast, not going to lie. Good race, glad you had fun. Just be safe and dont get caught

Very cool...that is a hot situation. I would love to be in that sandwich...My fuel spules out at high speeds and usually makes the competition upset as it gets on their car...Great kill !...The best kills are:

evos
    srts
    ls1s....my favs.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Nice run man. Wish there were Evos around here I could pick on.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Gracias

Thanks Guys, Yeah it was pretty damn Rare to be sandwitched by 2 EVO's like this, and I couldn't turn it down. Most of the time I drive, it's a bunch of boring cars. Every once in awhile, I'll get some good runs, but I do get alot of ricers with 5 foot wings trying to race me, but I don't budge, gas is to expensive to waste on them.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Originally posted by Neversatisfied
    Nice run man. Wish there were Evos around here I could pick on.
    Thats what I wish for. Every EVO I see is going the other way.

yeah that is crazy to run into 2 that are together and better yet to beat them. Nice kill.
    2004 STi

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I caught this EVO on Van Nuys at a light. He gives me the stare down and smirks. We both have passengers, and he starts to rev, so I say, He's worth the ticket.

Light changes, the guy's a rookie, and I spank him by more than 5 cars, cause he can't launch to save his life. He almost stalled.

Anyway, he pulls up again, the light changes at the next light, I give him the lead, catch him in second and slowly pass by in third. I don't think I've ever seen someone more pissed off in my entire life, at which point I couldn't help but laugh. Poor guy.

My Mods:
    Blitz SUS
    HKS uppipe
    Godspeed Downpipe
    Injen SES exhaust
    GFB BOV
    ECUTEK by ESX
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Cool

Originally posted by ej20fan
    I caught this EVO on Van Nuys at a light. He gives me the stare down and smirks. We both have passengers, and he starts to rev, so I say, He's worth the ticket.

Light changes, the guy's a rookie, and I spank him by more than 5 cars, cause he can't launch to save his life. He almost stalled.

Anyway, he pulls up again, the light changes at the next light, I give him the lead, catch him in second and slowly pass by in third. I don't think I've ever seen someone more pissed off in my entire life, at which point I couldn't help but laugh. Poor guy.

My Mods:
    Blitz SUS
    HKS uppipe
    Godspeed Downpipe
    Injen SES exhaust
    GFB BOV
    ECUTEK by ESX
    Yeah, I know what you mean, kinda like me trying to Launch my Buddy Xtian's Red EVO. I did a big Nose dive and felt real dumb, but I got the hang of it now. Seen alot of guys at the track also bog there cars cuz they try to launch hard. AWD launches are fun though, once you got it down right
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Nice kills... And very impressive performance, given the amount of power mods you have
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

imagine how much more fun those two had that night....rolling around with another fast car just like yours is always such a thrill. I bet they did that all night long.

Evo drivers are cocky, i wave to this kid all the time from my Sti and all i get is a stare down . o well
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)