1st kill in my baby

This is a discussion on 1st kill in my baby within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was zoomin around after work cause I was pissed at my boss, pull up next to 60's somethin chevy, ...

1st kill in my baby

I was zoomin around after work cause I was pissed at my boss, pull up next to 60's somethin chevy, he takes off at the light, didn't know we was racing, so I floor it and almost catch up but we hit another light, too many people, so no go, go to the next light and line up, I put it in N, rev it, put the brake in a little more , put it in 3 and break torue her only to like 1.5k since I don't have a tranny cooler, and launch, it was a pretty decent launch, he takes me off the line, chevy 350's = teh win for torque, then we pull neck and neck his tires chirp and then I am pull ahead by 1 car, maybe 1.5 That third gear boost is the ****! I looked in my rearview and his girl was sitting in the middle seat, he was just tryin to show off I guess. I did encounter something weird though, when i tried to slow down at the next light my brakes were stiff as hell and I almost couldn't stop, kind of weird, any thoughts?
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill, congrats on that.

a couple of days ago, i raced a SL55 from a roll up a hill, i floored it, but i swear nothing was even happening he wasnt even pushing it either.

btw, when you launched, did you mash the gas off the line, or did you push it partial throttle, then floor it...last time i launched, i had the gas, and brake down, then released the brake before i launched, i vaccumed locked also, but it kinda bogged a lil, then started to go. sorry i dont know about the brakes.
    2004 WR Blue WRX Auto with CBE.

yeah it bogged a little but I found that if I press it halfway it goes nicely, then after it starts to go press the rest of the way down, i am learning the tricks of the 4EAT. I really thought i would get spanked because the guy had some pretty phat rear tires and my buddy drives a 66 that would smoke the hell outta me so i am just happy I didn't get spanked.
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

My friend's dad has a '55 Chevy with a supercharged big-block V8. That thing HAULS!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    From my past experaince any time you "power lock" the brakes that heats them up...and you probaly experiecned brake fade or the Brake fluid got hot and thined out.....either way I wouldnt recommend your launch.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"