• Keep the Forum

48 65.75%
  • Ditch the forum.

15 20.55%
  • Leave it to the Pros, drag forum and rally forum do the job

10 13.70%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on We Should Close The Kill Forum within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; it's weak. that's all. 1) every story is BS. 2) all the trolls hang there. 3) it's counterproductive to our ...

We Should Close The Kill Forum

it's weak. that's all.

1) every story is BS.
    2) all the trolls hang there.
    3) it's counterproductive to our image.
    4) it contributes nothing to the board of value.

dR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"leave the forum" was supposed to be "ditch the forum"

why can't i edit my own *****ing posts!!!

can we get a mod here to change it?

dR

I say leave it. But I think that it needs to be more closely moderated. As it is now, it might as well be called WRX vs. the Troll. I agree that many of the stories are a little hard to swallow. On the other hand, the amount of flaming that takes place is unnecessarily high. But I for one enjoy seeing how the WRX stacks up against the competition on a daily basis. Let's just be smart and honest and make it an informative, enjoyable forum. Can't we all just get along?

KILL IT! KILL IT! KILL IT!!

I read stuff here sometimes, but everything you post is flamed by someone or another. Then we have people like RSXRacer and RSXsucks that post complete BS. And of course if you say you beat a 3000gt, then all the 3si guys are over calling BS. It's getting pretty stupid. Most of the kills aren't that great anyway...

If the forum were MODERATED, there wouldn't be any problem.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    If the forum were MODERATED, there wouldn't be any problem.
    I can understand the problems with moderating this kind of forum though. Trolls will claim that the moderators are censoring the forum to make it more sided toward WRXs, and that in and of itself will cause problems. The whole "hands off" approach that most of us modertors use actually works really well for the most part. I don't know what to say regarding this forum...I don't want to see it go but I can understand if it's best for us as a whole and would support whatever the majority decides.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Re: We Should Close The Kill Forum

Originally posted by dark_rex
    it's weak. that's all.

1) every story is BS.
    2) all the trolls hang there.
    3) it's counterproductive to our image.
    4) it contributes nothing to the board of value.

dR
    Your points are well taken dark_rex. I wouldn't say that every story is BS, but probably a lot are. But those who are prone to posting BS will just do it elsewhere on these boards.

It is a troll magnet. I wish the moderators were a little quicker to drop the hammer on those who prove over time that they really have nothing positive to contribute. The laissez-faire approach is in general a very good thing but there's a few who take advantage of it.

Agreed that street racing is not a real image booster for us, but it's a reality. Better to acknowledge it up front, and segregate it to a forum where those take interest in it can frequent it, and those who find street racing distasteful can avoid that sort of post altogther. One thing that bugs me about the i-Club is when somebody makes a street racing post and immediately gets scolded by half a dozen safety nannies and the thread goes down in flames from there. There's much less of that around here, because we do have WRX vs. the World.

I like it, but I can live with it if it goes away. I wouldn't miss seven arguementative pages of RSX thread.
    Old, but not slow.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX

Re: Re: We Should Close The Kill Forum

Originally posted by ScoobySteve

Agreed that street racing is not a real image booster for us, but it's a reality. Better to acknowledge it up front, and segregate it to a forum where those take interest in it can frequent it, and those who find street racing distasteful can avoid that sort of post altogther. One thing that bugs me about the i-Club is when somebody makes a street racing post and immediately gets scolded by half a dozen safety nannies and the thread goes down in flames from there. There's much less of that around here, because we do have WRX vs. the World.
    I couldn't agree more. How many car enthusiasts who actually modify their car don't want to at times break the law and drive fast down the road? Perhaps even race someone? Most of the people here and on I-Club or any other car forum aren't building drag strip-only monsters...they're modifying their daily drivers to go fast...and how many of them only go that fast legally on a drag strip? I'd say the number is pretty low.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

we have a kill forum?? where the hell is it hah

I didn't like not having no kill forum on i-club at first, or at least couldn't understand why. But, they put the kill stories in Off-Topic. It seems to be fine that way. I don't think that would be all that bad.

Originally posted by junaitari
    KILL IT! KILL IT! KILL IT!!

I read stuff here sometimes, but everything you post is flamed by someone or another. Then we have people like RSXRacer and RSXsucks that post complete BS. And of course if you say you beat a 3000gt, then all the 3si guys are over calling BS. It's getting pretty stupid. Most of the kills aren't that great anyway...
    I thought I always posted good, true things about the WRX? I have nothing bad to say about it and you think I post BS?
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Originally posted by RSXSucks

I thought I always posted good, true things about the WRX? I have nothing bad to say about it and you think I post BS?
    noo i dont think you posted a true thing in your life???

Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02

noo i dont think you posted a true thing in your life???
    So the WRX isn't fast, doesn't have great handling on and off road, and it isn't very luxurious?
    2002 RSX Type S

I find some of the stories that are written well, and well thought out very entertaining. On the other hand some of them are just stupid and pointless. By the way, last night I smoked a Saturn SC1 off the line.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Originally posted by Flyboy
    I find some of the stories that are written well, and well thought out very entertaining. On the other hand some of them are just stupid and pointless. By the way, last night I smoked a Saturn SC1 of the line.
    Hahaha! Ahh, the SC1... one of the few cars on the road that make the Civic look good.
    2002 RSX Type S

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.