Parting Ways with the WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Parting Ways with the WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am selling the WRX and getting a G35. The wife needs a new car after her Jeep was involved ...

Parting Ways with the WRX

I am selling the WRX and getting a G35. The wife needs a new car after her Jeep was involved in an accident. My insurance company decided to spend 18k fixing my wifes 2000 Jeep Gran Cherokee. Well the thing rieds like $!%# and we dont fell safe driving the new baby around town. So the WRX has to go. Check link for parts that i am selling.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...&threadid=7275
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good choice! The WRX is great for what it is. But the G35 is one smooth automobile. 260hp too. I've thought about checking it out myself.

Just two days ago my wife had her Infiniti in for service and they always provide you with a loaner vehicle. Well, they just happened to give us a nice G35. It turns out they had to keep my wife’s car over night so I was able to take the G35 out that night and really see how it drove. Let me first say the G35 is enormous, at least compared to the WRX. I wasn't very impressed with the performance off the line (no brake torque launches attempted), but from a roll, wow! It didn't take much to feel the car had some real power. It also had such a nice soft ride and yet handled quite well around the corners. Over all I would definitely consider the coupe with 275 horses and the manual transmission coming out soon.
    Last edited by TRBO227; 08-02-2002 at 02:53 PM.

I'd let the wife go and keep the WRX.

Is that messed up or what?

Seriously, I lost my 2001 Lightning to a drunk driver. I could have bought another L but I have a bit of a larger "family" to move around, so the WRX was a comprimise between cargo, passenger and performance.

Mabye you'll be back in the future.
    Last edited by Master Of Pain; 08-02-2002 at 03:49 PM.

Get a 350Z.
    You have a lot of options at this category.. Acura CL/TL-S, Lexus ES300, BMW 3 series, Lincoln LS..

Re: Parting Ways with the WRX

Originally posted by Drod
    I am selling the WRX and getting a G35. The wife needs a new car after her Jeep was involved in an accident. My insurance company decided to spend 18k fixing my wifes 2000 Jeep Gran Cherokee. Well the thing rieds like $!%# and we dont fell safe driving the new baby around town. So the WRX has to go. Check link for parts that i am selling.

I guess as long as you don't mind the huge step down from a WRX to a G35. That car is slow and the WRX is WAY more luxurious. AND faster off road too!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Re: Parting Ways with the WRX

Originally posted by Drod

I think that the G35 would be a good choice for you. There will be alot of aftermarket parts avalible real soon. The engine is almost the same as the new 350Z. Stillen and other companys have already started makeing parts for that car. I have read that a Super Charger that will be ready pretty soon.

I'm glad that your wife is ok. I had the same thing happen to a BMW that I had. Insurance company "fixed" it but, it was never the same. Good Luck

Re: Re: Parting Ways with the WRX

Originally posted by play_amg
    I'm glad that your wife is ok. I had the same thing happen to a BMW that I had. Insurance company "fixed" it but, it was never the same. Good Luck
    No kidding. I'm glad that if it had to happen, at least it was in a sturdy vehicle like a Jeep.

Good luck selling your parts too, although I am very sad to hear that you will have to get rid of the WRX.
    2002 RSX Type S

str
    i'd miss my wrx too but i saw one of those cars today and man they are sweet on the inside. real nice cars. i bet they are expensive.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by str
    i'd miss my wrx too but i saw one of those cars today and man they are sweet on the inside. real nice cars. i bet they are expensive.
    Yeah, they are okay on the inside. Not as nice as the plush interior of the WRX though.
    2002 RSX Type S

RSX

YOU ARE A MORON!!!!!!!!
    Leave the forum board
    Why are you here?
    Our time is not worth reading over all of your consistantly negative posts.
    Once again PLEASE LEAVE, you are wasting both our time and yours

Re: RSX

Originally posted by need4spd
    YOU ARE A MORON!!!!!!!!
    Leave the forum board
    Why are you here?
    Our time is not worth reading over all of your consistantly negative posts.
    Once again PLEASE LEAVE, you are wasting both our time and yours
    My negative posts? I haven't posted a single negative thing about the WRX!
    2002 RSX Type S

I test drove the G35 when I was looking for a new car. I can't believe how smooth it is. Unfortunately I couldn't quite afford it, so the next best thing was a WRX. It may not perform like my Suby, but the back seats recline, and that's no joke.

Get one!

P.S. You'll never get $300 for that used Blitz Axle-back as long as www.german-autowerks.com is selling them new/shipped for $330.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Originally posted by Bask Oner
    I test drove the G35 when I was looking for a new car. I can't believe how smooth it is. Unfortunately I couldn't quite afford it, so the next best thing was a WRX. It may not perform like my Suby, but the back seats recline, and that's no joke.

Get one!

P.S. You'll never get $300 for that used Blitz Axle-back as long as www.german-autowerks.com is selling them new/shipped for $330.
    The G35 is very nice but if I absolutely had to buy something that wasn't a WRX, it would be a 350Z. Those cars look really promising.
    2002 RSX Type S

Good Luck Getting a new Blitz Nur spec from them for $330. I tried and they told me it would take 4 months. By the way, people can always make offers.
    Last edited by Drod; 08-05-2002 at 06:46 AM.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.