Stage 2 WRX vs Enzo!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 2 WRX vs Enzo!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Those cars trap at 100mph, too? In general, an EVO is much faster than them...and the vast majority of other ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Those cars trap at 100mph, too? In general, an EVO is much faster than them...and the vast majority of other car models.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Integra96
    Those cars trap at 100mph, too?
    Yup.

In general, an EVO is much faster than them...and the vast majority of other car models.
    Alright already!! You win. The evo is the fastest. There is no faster.

Originally posted by bluevilevo8
    So you'd also call the acura tl, bmw 330i, and nissan altima 3.5 some of the fastest stock cars? From a roll, they'd be all a stock evo could handle. This makes no sense.
    Dude, what are you smoking? A stock Evo runs 0-60 in 4.8 and the quarter in 13.5 @ 104-106 mph. Here are the other cars in your comparison...you must suck at driving, why dont you give one of us your car

2004 Acura TL A Spec 5.7 14.2
    2004 BMW 330i 5.8 14.1
    2005 Nissan Altima 6.2 14.4

Originally posted by EVOVIII
    Dude, what are you smoking? A stock Evo runs 0-60 in 4.8 and the quarter in 13.5 @ 104-106 mph. Here are the other cars in your comparison...you must suck at driving, why dont you give one of us your car

2004 Acura TL A Spec 5.7 14.2
    2004 BMW 330i 5.8 14.1
    2005 Nissan Altima 6.2 14.4

That's not a real world performance gauge. The evo achieves that 0-60 with a drivetrain shattering launch, and it does not trap 104-106. Maybe the magazine ringers (as proven by shiv), but not the production examples. To get an idea of how fast the evo really is, you should look at the 5-60 times. The evo is around 6.7, while the others are all around 6 flat. Without the launch, a stock evo would have a very hard time with those cars. Open your eyes.

Originally posted by bluevilevo8
    That's not a real world performance gauge. The evo achieves that 0-60 with a drivetrain shattering launch, and it does not trap 104-106. Maybe the magazine ringers (as proven by shiv), but not the production examples. To get an idea of how fast the evo really is, you should look at the 5-60 times. The evo is around 6.7, while the others are all around 6 flat. Without the launch, a stock evo would have a very hard time with those cars. Open your eyes.
    I'll give you a "real world" performace gauge. I had an Evo for a year and a half and when I was still stock, I raced my friends TL 3.2 and some guys 3.5 Altima and smoked them both pretty easily several times. If either one of those cars beats you when they are stock, you do not know how to drive.
    Last edited by EVOVIII; 07-24-2004 at 11:41 PM.

Originally posted by EVOVIII
    I'll give you a "real world" performace gauge. I had an Evo for a year and a half and when I was still stock, I raced my friends TL 3.2 and some guys 3.5 Altima and smoked them both pretty easily several times. If either one of those cars beats you when they are stock, you do not know how to drive.

Well, I never took the evo to the track (and I don't street race), but I drove my BONE STOCK 02 ss to a 13.04 @ 107 at Bradenton motorsports park here in fl. It was a fun car, that is, except for the sounds it would make during a cold start . You'd think I was drivin a powerstroke diesel with all the piston slappin going on. I tried to get it lemoned by gm, but no dice.

As for the cars you raced, the 3.2tl was not the new model, and the altima was most likely an automatic.

Anyway, lets just come to a compromise and say I'm right and you're wrong.
    Last edited by bluevilevo8; 07-25-2004 at 12:01 AM.

Why are you so Freaking crazy about saying the EVO isnt fast? Seriously, on the road it is quicker than 90% of the cars on there. YOu must live on a nascar circuit or something I dunno...ur a wierd one!!!

Originally posted by Spectre186
    Why are you so Freaking crazy about saying the EVO isnt fast? Seriously, on the road it is quicker than 90% of the cars on there. YOu must live on a nascar circuit or something I dunno...ur a wierd one!!!
    Everyone's idea of fast is different. For many people, a civic si is "fast". To me, a z06 or porsche turbo is "fast".

An EVO is faster than probably 99%+ of all cars on the road. I'd call that one of the fastest stock cars.

PSHH yeah right i pulled on an evo in my 87 nissan path all i had to do was launch in 4low than grind my way back to 2wd to beat him oh yeah when we were racing his bov was going off the whole time and flames were shooting out of his exhaust but easy battle...oh btw if you guys couldnt tell im just kidding

Hey guys, lets not hijack this thread. We're talking about an Enzo looking to a WRX from a roll, not EVO's.

Thanks
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

tr3

I paced an Enzo once

I had a chance to pace a red Enzo about 6 months ago. Mine is a Cobb stage 2 with 5 people in it. 3 of them are fat like Jabba the hut!! I wasn't even trying to race it. The Enzo looked so unreal. All it needed was a couple of sidewinder missiles to make it look like a jet fighter. The guy driving it was around 50 yrs old. The guy looked over and saw 5 monkey faces glued to the windows with drools and snots running down the faces. He did a little show for us and just took off hella fast. The Enzo didn't even squat! We were on 520 East in Bellevue/Redmond Washington. Guess what exit he took? The Microsoft exit!! Duh!! He got stuck behind several cars at the off ramp. As we were passing him, 3 of my buds gave him the middle fingers for fun, lol I floored my rex and left the Enzo like it was standing still. Wait a minute...
    I'm looking for 2 quarts of high quality headlight fluid.

Also, if you have a used muffler bearing (ball bearing type), let me know.

This thread is traveling down srtforums.com territroy...

no where...the enzo owns...

it traps 130+ stock...thats esx territory...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

back to the beginning...

you drive a wrx stage II, i would assume you are a car guy. but you cant tell an enzo from a 360? seriously, like one guy said, end yourself. and that is the nicest car you have ever SEEN on the road, man, where do you live? you should take a trip to SoCal, talk about insane cars.

oh anyways, i believe a few black enzos exist. i donno if they were OEM but few of them do lurk around.
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

Yeah I drive a stage 2 WRX. And everything I said happend as is. However the Ferrari never pulled a U-Turn he was simply chilling on the side of the road putting his top up. I've got no reason to lie, or make anything up. I'll admit my Ferrari knowledge is not all that great but for someone to say omg you dont know the difference between an Enzo and the other breed of Ferraris I mean come on. Its not like we drive on the street everyday with a few Ferraris.

But when I was driving home today I was listening to Tenasious D when Jack rips Kyles a$$ for naysaying. And as I read I see a lot of naysaying instead of just wow that's cool you got beat by a Ferrari and you had fun. And its not even like I owned him at all its just the nice push I had from being in boost and I had the advantage of getting to do the countdown. I might of edged the car for a good second and half then he blew my doors off. But I guess this is totally unbelievable, and for the hell of it I decided to sit down and just make up a fun story. sheesh
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Its alright brother...I believe you...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast