Ran into a c5 vette - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Ran into a c5 vette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The best out of a local Z06 I have seen was a 13.2. 11s bone stock in any car gets ...

The best out of a local Z06 I have seen was a 13.2. 11s bone stock in any car gets the thumbs up from me though. Very respectable cars.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My very first run down a 1/4 mile strip in my STi I beat a Z06 Vette

First off this was at a Corvette Event with dozens of Vettes.

It was pretty funny because in the staging lanes the Vette crowd was telling the Z06 driver he was going to get smoked off the line and he would have to catch me. They were right. But he didn't quite make it. He was coming on strong at the end but I ended up beating him by a solid 1+ cars.

That day I watched several Z06s that couldn't run any faster than
    high 12s - low 13s. So it does take a decent driver and some traction to get the most out of the car.

How fast are the Z06's suppose to come from the factory?

One merged onto me the other day and from a 30-40 mph roll I took him 3 seperate times.

One of the times time we even got up to a buck twenty and I still had him by at least a car length.
    Former 03wrx, 04sti, 05sti, current 06civic
    "Teacher POWah"
    Team Mullet Racing
    BrianH is my biotch

Originally posted by speelnik
    How fast are the Z06's suppose to come from the factory?

One merged onto me the other day and from a 30-40 mph roll I took him 3 seperate times.

One of the times time we even got up to a buck twenty and I still had him by at least a car length.
    With even a decent the driver the car will trap 112-114+mph.

I've seen a race between two good friends, one in a SRT-10 Viper, and another one in a bolt on Z06. The first race, the Z06 pulled the Viper at every shift.. every shift the Viper fell back about half a car. Then they got out and switched drivers. The Viper DESTROYED the Z06. I mean by a good 4-5 cars.

Driver ErrOAR.
    If anything's worth doing.. it's worth doing right.

from my experiance, most vette owners are middle aged andare looking for somthing with decent power but still a real nice drive. Not focused on intense driving.
    Last edited by roar1879; 07-26-2004 at 02:16 PM.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by roar1879
    from my experiance, most vette owners are middle aged andare looking for somthing with decent power but still a real nice drive. Not focused on intense driving.
    yea, it's rare that they even want to race in the first place. If I actually get one to run me, I'M PUMPED
    2003 SRT-4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.