Havent posted in awhile but this kill(s) was too sweet
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Havent posted in awhile but this kill(s) was too sweet within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I found myself 4 cars back at a red light in the fast lane on a 55mph stretch of straight ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Thumbs up Havent posted in awhile but this kill(s) was too sweet

I found myself 4 cars back at a red light in the fast lane on a 55mph stretch of straight road. I couldnt see the 2 cars that were leading the pack but when the light turned green I sure heard em! As they pulled away from the rest of the traffic I could see that it was an m3 in the fast lane and some sort of mercedes sedan in the slow lane. The m3 was walking the benz and I wanted a piece of him. I maneuvered through traffic and luckily the next light about 2 miles down the road turned red so the m3 had to stop. He lined up next to the benz again and I then pulled in right behind him, unnoticed. The m3 and the benz (I could see now that it was an e320 with a "Turbocharged" badge ) were now revving and the 2 drivers kept looking at each other and getting ready to run. It was great, they had no idea I was right behind them. I turned the tracrion control off and waited for green. When the light changed they both took off like crazy and I waited a sec for the m3 to pull away a bit and then I launched, caught up to him like nothing and did so right as the e320 was falling behind so I was able to get in front ofthe benz, shift to 3rd and FLY past the m3 on the right!!! The look on the m3 guy's face was priceless as I came out of nowhere and smoked the fugg out of him and the guy he was racing!! It was an e36 kind, not one of the newer ones, in which case I would not have been able to pass anywhere near as easy. Still, it was funny and sweet to be able to dominate 2 racers like that. (this was in the ls1, of course)

2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

NIIICE!! LS1 Z28's kick major ass I have some questions for you since I plan on getting one soon. I want a 98-02 Z28 or maybe even an SS, what kind of mods do you have? I know its not too hard at all to get an LS1 Z up to the hp/tq in your sig but what mods do you have and how much did it cost?

Originally posted by mball
    NIIICE!! LS1 Z28's kick major ass I have some questions for you since I plan on getting one soon. I want a 98-02 Z28 or maybe even an SS, what kind of mods do you have? I know its not too hard at all to get an LS1 Z up to the hp/tq in your sig but what mods do you have and how much did it cost?
    All I have are free mods (air intake stuff), an underdrive pulley (~$300), a cutout ($50), a ported throttle body ($150) and an air lid ($120). The car made 297rwhp BONE stock and with just the bolt on's I listed I made 330rwhp. With a cam, intake, longtube headers and tuning I will dyno 380 or so rwhp. SS's are not different from z28s in any major way beyond appearance so don't spend more cash on one unless you really like the way they look. Its the EXACT same engine/tranny, etc but you get a slightly better intake/exhaust which you'd be changing anyway.
    2003 SRT-4

not to be rude or anything but i thought this was a WRX forum not mustang forum???? or am i missing something

i mean chevy forum

not a fan of camaro's, but SS = over-rated, overpriced z-28 IMO.
    save the money and mod the Z28 with exhaust, lid, cams, longtube, etc....
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

This is an automotive enthusiast site. Play nicely.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Originally posted by subaru_crazy
    i mean chevy forum
    it's all about enthusiasts...I've been around for awhile (signed up back when I was very much considering getting a wrx, ended up getting the 2 cars in sig instead). I enjoy reading kill stories no matter what they involve so I like to share with everyone. If you only enjoy subarus you need to get out more.
    2003 SRT-4

not to be rude or anything but i thought this was a WRX forum not mustang forum???? or am i missing something
    notice the title of this forum. wrx vs. THE WORLD (meaning other cars)

Just call me Clark Kent

Originally posted by DTR rex
    notice the title of this forum. wrx vs. THE WORLD (meaning other cars)

he was racing an M3 and a mercedes so that makes "world Vs. world" i think.....NO? or correct me if i am wrong LOL

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    If you only enjoy subarus you need to get out more.
    no i enjoy BMWs, AUDIs, VW,....... just not american muscle cars sorry

no i enjoy BMWs, AUDIs, VW,....... just not american muscle cars sorry
    yea, torque is over-rated. Who needs history or big engined badazz cars, anyway?
    2003 SRT-4

Subarucrazy - calm down...its okay! Other cars race too, not just WRX. This site is a car enthusiast forum. As long as ppl arent total A$$hats they can talk about any car they like basically.

Nice to have you back, Stoplight Warrior
    Where've you been?

P.S. Disappointing that you come back here after a few months and you aren't modded more. What happened
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

he was racing an M3 and a mercedes so that makes "world Vs. world" i think.....NO? or correct me if i am wrong LOL
    most people on here own wrx's and pretty much everyone is a wrx enthusiest. this forum is for talking about OTHER cars... its a means of comparison and learning/retaining knowledge of our competitors....
    and stoplight is an avid wrx fan and has been on this site for quite some time. who wants to be ONLY a wrx enthusiest... we are car enthusiests.

I myself am not really a fan of American cars.... but it makes for good talk
    Just call me Clark Kent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast