**i know this is the wrong place but i need good karma** - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on **i know this is the wrong place but i need good karma** within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by skyjock41 The power he'll have would ass rape the 5MT. If my 4eat ever goes........ill spring for ...

Re: Re: Re: **i know this is the wrong place but i need good karma**

Originally posted by skyjock41
    The power he'll have would ass rape the 5MT. If my 4eat ever goes........ill spring for a 6spd conversion.

I meant scrap the 4EAT and swap a 5MT into the car. I didn't know the 4EAT was a quicker setup??
    2004 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Re: Re: Re: **i know this is the wrong place but i need good karma**

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    I meant scrap the 4EAT and swap a 5MT into the car. I didn't know the 4EAT was a quicker setup??
    wanna find out?

with certain setups/power levels the 4eat would be a better choice then the 5spd...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: **i know this is the wrong place but i need good karma**

Originally posted by SLOW4EAT
    wanna find out?

with certain setups/power levels the 4eat would be a better choice then the 5spd...

please explain further.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: **i know this is the wrong place but i need good karma**

Originally posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    please explain further.

my needs:

-decently fast
    -will survive NYC traffic
    -something my GF can drive

Other purpose:
    -drag racing
    -over all fun car

**if you look at my profile i have a fully forged 2.6l in the works, with that comes a larger turbo with larger injectors and a big shot of nitrous.....the 5spd will probably suffer from the power/strain my new setup will put down**

what i like about it is i can flick a switch and my GF can drive it like it was a stock wrx.....she can't drive stick that well....so a 4eat is ubeatable for "MY" purpose...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: **i know this is the wrong place but i need good karma**

what i like about it is i can flick a switch and my GF can drive it like it was a stock wrx.....she can't drive stick that well....so a 4eat is ubeatable for "MY" purpose...
    So with a flick of a switch the fp green comes on at 2500(ish) rpms? What switch is this?, lol just playing
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: **i know this is the wrong place but i need good karma**

wanna find out?

Yes, I would like to find out.....With equal mods the 5 speed would be quicker. 1 more gear, 5k+ launching and no dreaded torque converter. I do understand your need for an auto in NY traffic.
    2004 WRX

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: **i know this is the wrong place but i need good karma**

Yes, I would like to find out.....With equal mods the 5 speed would be quicker. 1 more gear, 5k+ launching and no dreaded torque converter. I do understand your need for an auto in NY traffic.
    a high stall T/C would let the auto launch at the mid 4000 rpm range as well...

Im not going to get into a debate but the fastest wrx in the world is a auto.

When you start getting into mods like what Slow is the auto is a wiser choice. But as far as being mildly modded like myself.....yes your right the 5MT would be faster in the 1/4.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Autos are defiintly faster when you start trapping at 120+

Think of all those auto vettes, ls1's, ws6's.

*runs and hides*
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.