**i know this is the wrong place but i need good karma** - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on **i know this is the wrong place but i need good karma** within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by skyjock41 The power he'll have would ass rape the 5MT. If my 4eat ever goes........ill spring for ...

Re: Re: Re: **i know this is the wrong place but i need good karma**

Originally posted by skyjock41
    The power he'll have would ass rape the 5MT. If my 4eat ever goes........ill spring for a 6spd conversion.

I meant scrap the 4EAT and swap a 5MT into the car. I didn't know the 4EAT was a quicker setup??
    2004 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Re: Re: Re: **i know this is the wrong place but i need good karma**

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    I meant scrap the 4EAT and swap a 5MT into the car. I didn't know the 4EAT was a quicker setup??
    wanna find out?

with certain setups/power levels the 4eat would be a better choice then the 5spd...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: **i know this is the wrong place but i need good karma**

Originally posted by SLOW4EAT
    wanna find out?

with certain setups/power levels the 4eat would be a better choice then the 5spd...

please explain further.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: **i know this is the wrong place but i need good karma**

Originally posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    please explain further.

my needs:

-decently fast
    -will survive NYC traffic
    -something my GF can drive

Other purpose:
    -drag racing
    -over all fun car

**if you look at my profile i have a fully forged 2.6l in the works, with that comes a larger turbo with larger injectors and a big shot of nitrous.....the 5spd will probably suffer from the power/strain my new setup will put down**

what i like about it is i can flick a switch and my GF can drive it like it was a stock wrx.....she can't drive stick that well....so a 4eat is ubeatable for "MY" purpose...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: **i know this is the wrong place but i need good karma**

what i like about it is i can flick a switch and my GF can drive it like it was a stock wrx.....she can't drive stick that well....so a 4eat is ubeatable for "MY" purpose...
    So with a flick of a switch the fp green comes on at 2500(ish) rpms? What switch is this?, lol just playing
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: **i know this is the wrong place but i need good karma**

wanna find out?

Yes, I would like to find out.....With equal mods the 5 speed would be quicker. 1 more gear, 5k+ launching and no dreaded torque converter. I do understand your need for an auto in NY traffic.
    2004 WRX

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: **i know this is the wrong place but i need good karma**

Yes, I would like to find out.....With equal mods the 5 speed would be quicker. 1 more gear, 5k+ launching and no dreaded torque converter. I do understand your need for an auto in NY traffic.
    a high stall T/C would let the auto launch at the mid 4000 rpm range as well...

Im not going to get into a debate but the fastest wrx in the world is a auto.

When you start getting into mods like what Slow is the auto is a wiser choice. But as far as being mildly modded like myself.....yes your right the 5MT would be faster in the 1/4.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Autos are defiintly faster when you start trapping at 120+

Think of all those auto vettes, ls1's, ws6's.

*runs and hides*
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12