Supra TT & Mustang GT
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Supra TT & Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Tonight was fun. I went to Bradenton motorsports park. My best run of the night was a 15.00 with humidity ...

Supra TT & Mustang GT

Tonight was fun. I went to Bradenton motorsports park. My best run of the night was a 15.00 with humidity around 90% + 85 deg F. so all and all not bad. Anyway the most interesting run at the track was against a kid from my school with a mustang GT (bone stock). Anyway he couldn't hook up and i of course could. But he gained like a bat out of hell when we hit 3rd. At the finish i inched him out for a 15.1 run. Later while i was hanging out at my friends house i got challenged by my friend to run him in his newly aquired Supra TT pushing 450 hp. We ran from a stoplight and i held him of till about 60/65 mph then he went by and i shut down at about 70 . Needless to say i was quite happy since i'm stock.
    autobahn storming scooby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Supra TT & Mustang GT

Originally posted by blackshadow
    Later while i was hanging out at my friends house i got challenged by my friend to run him in his newly aquired Supra TT pushing 450 hp. We ran from a stoplight and i held him of till about 60/65 mph then he went by and i shut down at about 70 . Needless to say i was quite happy since i'm stock.
    The best you could do was hold him off? A 450HP Supra vs your stock WRX and you could only hold him off to 65mph? I think you need to work on your driving skills a little because Supras, especially the 450HP ones are notoriously easy for WRXs to absolutely annihilate! Maybe you misshifted? Only possible explanation for losing to a Supra.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Ha Ha.........you are kidding..........right? Okay, I thought so. A 450 hp Supra and the right driver could embarrass a stock WRX by 65. Let's keep a little realism in the forum. Sure it could go either way. The WRX awd is the obvious advantage at low speeds. But the driver is a huge factor. Especially when you are trying to convert 450hp into traction using your rear wheels only. But I can completely see this happening. Once the Supra hooked up, it would have a clear advantage. Love the WRX. But it is not the ultimate exotic super performance of all time. (Not saying the Supra is either) Just trying to keep it real.

yeah, sorry man, i know the RSX forum likes to B.S. but 65 is about as realistic as it gets, he got the best launch since he got it (last thursday) according to him, i only heard him squeek his tires. His car has run low 13's so you're out of your mind if you think a stock wrx can keep him at bay longer than that. i'm sorry but stock i'm not going to hold him to better than that and trust me i can drive.
    Last edited by blackshadow; 08-02-2002 at 07:38 AM.
    autobahn storming scooby

Re: Re: Supra TT & Mustang GT

Originally posted by RSXSucks

The best you could do was hold him off? A 450HP Supra vs your stock WRX and you could only hold him off to 65mph? I think you need to work on your driving skills a little because Supras, especially the 450HP ones are notoriously easy for WRXs to absolutely annihilate! Maybe you misshifted? Only possible explanation for losing to a Supra.
    I've got it! You're just joking, through all these threads! Sorry, couldn't sense the sarcasim through the posts, but now you have to be kidding...My fault.

Z24s beating Type S
    Civics not being able to beat WRX's
    And now, WRX's holding off 450hp Supra TT

Sorry, it took me awhile but you sounded so serious...

i'm thinking it wouldn't be that hard to take a stock turbo supra. I don't know if this Supra was stock, but according to car-stats.com (we all know that this is the most accurate website on the web) says that a 1997 Supra Turbo w/manual is in the mid 13's 1/4mile, and about 5 seconds 0-60. So, with some basic mods, a WRX should be able to take him or at least keep up. So, if racing against a 450 hp supra, it shouldn't be much of a suprise for a modified WRX to keep up with him to about 60, especially with awd. But, not a stock WRX. No, i'm not joking.
    Last edited by GottaGettaRex; 08-02-2002 at 11:06 AM.

You are missing the point. The supra had 450 hp. The wrx had 227 hp. We could argue all day long who would beat who with what mods. But we are dealing with facts, not what-ifs. Again, the driver plays a major role. But we are dealing with a single street race in which either car could have won depending on several factors. The supra is a fast, respectable car, despite the fast and furious "rice" stereotype it now has. Why would you doubt that once it got traction, it would be able to accelerate past a car with half of the horsepower. AWD is great for takeoffs. The wrx is a very capable car. But by 60, traction being a major factor, things would be seriously in the Supras favor. Obviously, I really like the WRX, or I wouldn't be on the board. I have never even been on a Supra forum. But we have to be realistic about the WRXs capabilities in stock form.

Yea, didn't you know that a 450 HP Supra can only run a 15.1 1/4? Sorry, but something is not right about this story...I'm not even calling BS because so many things can happen on the road. But if this guy is putting down 15.1's at a track (which are more like stock RSX-S's, NOT a WRX) then I don't see how a 450 hp Supra could not blow the freakin' doors off it...a stock TT Supra could easily hang w/ a stock WRX if not beat it (sorry, dont' know too much about Supra's)...a 450hp would beat some ass.

A stock<--pay close attention...a stock Supra Turbo will run mid 13 second 1/4 mile times. A stock WRX will run low 14's. So, a midly modified WRX should be able to keep up with a stock supra. A 450 hp Supra is definetely NOT stock. So, if his WRX is running 15.1 1/4 mile times, then (assuming that the Supra driver was really trying and had a good launch), that Supra didn't have 450 hp, or the WRX driver is lying about the race.
    Last edited by GottaGettaRex; 08-02-2002 at 11:08 AM.

Blackshadow stated the reason that he only ran a 15.1 was due to the high humidity and heat. This is the reason that I haven't taken my car to the track. I know I won't like the times that I put up. The days have been discustingly hot & humid here over the past couple weeks, unfortunately, this is the bad side of living in Florida in the summer.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

"A stock<--pay close attention...a stock Supra Turbo will run mid 13 second 1/4 mile times. A stock WRX will run low 14's. So, a midly modified WRX should be able to keep up with a stock supra. A 450 hp Supra is definetely NOT stock. "

I think we all agree on that one. Like I said, it's all about the driver. Especially with 2wd and high hp. But after the tires hook up on a rwd car, about the same weight as a wrx, with either 320hp(stock) or 450hp, and better aerodynamics, it just doesn't seem too hard to believe that blackshadow lost some ground around 65mph. In fact, it sounds quite obvious. Now "if" the WRX had mods, say stage 0...sure, it would have been different. But sooner or later, it would have ended up the same.

This is not B.S. This is getting annoying, since a lot of you either misread my first post or are misreading other people's. First of any one living in FL will realize that high 14's low 15s stock aren't bad. And i have run a 14.43. He got a good launch but still spun a little, i got a good launch.... I ran 15.1 way earlier, i ran him when it was dark and probably at least 10 degrees cooler. He might be pushin 450, but a lot of supras are dyno queens (peaky). Arggggg... what i was hoping would be a fun post has to turn into another damn, no-way this is better thats better post....
    autobahn storming scooby

You must have misunderstood me. My initial post was directed towards RSXSucks. I completely believe you. I was actually defending the credability of the story. I have no reason to doubt it. Good kill on the mustang, and the supra.

BPU Supra's, running 400ish to the wheels are easily capable of low 12's, just for the record.
    2002 WRX Sedan, Blue.
    Catless, Cobb Stage 2, and so on.

Yeah the BPU's are fast. Here a single turbo ran low 13's last night to give you an idea.... too bad he's nowhere near that at the wheels, i found out that he doesn't have the downpipe installed that was on on the dyno run.
    autobahn storming scooby

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast