WRX vs ported RX-7

This is a discussion on WRX vs ported RX-7 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How would my stage 4 WRX do against a street ported RX-7 with ported stock turbos? A friend of a ...

WRX vs ported RX-7

How would my stage 4 WRX do against a street ported RX-7 with ported stock turbos?
    A friend of a friend has one and is going around telling everyone it is going to be stock when it gets out of the shop but I know better and want to be prepared. He said he wants to run me when he gets it completed.

-Bobby
    13.2 @105 with the old auto. Now rockin a 4.44 standard tranny.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You're going to lose. At 14psi I ran one at the track that was running stock turbos with a street port, he went 12.40s @ 114mph on DRs. Your stage 4 won't touch that.
    If anything's worth doing.. it's worth doing right.

My stage 4 will ...good luck
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Re: WRX vs ported RX-7

Originally posted by GTScoob
    How would my stage 4 WRX do against a street ported RX-7 with ported stock turbos?
    A friend of a friend has one and is going around telling everyone it is going to be stock when it gets out of the shop but I know better and want to be prepared. He said he wants to run me when he gets it completed.

-Bobby
    what else besides the porting? exhaust work?

the best i've seen a ported/clipped 7 run was a 12.64 @ 113mph...but keep in mind this was a very slow track

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    My stage 4 will ...good luck
    I put down 345whp, 360trq on a STG4 VF30 car, and the best that night was a 12.45 @ 112mph, against the RX-7. He went 12.37 @ 113mph too. It was a good race.

112 trap???

W/those numbers I would expect higher. Maybe we went to diff. dynos. Nice times though. Thats amazing power w/a vf30...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Originally posted by Big Turkey
    I put down 345whp, 360trq on a STG4 VF30 car, and the best that night was a 12.45 @ 112mph, against the RX-7. He went 12.37 @ 113mph too. It was a good race.

What ? You made 345 whp, 360 tq on a VF30 How did you do that

That even greater than 18gs
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

This kid has the money so I imagine he's going to have all the supporting mods. Intake, exhaust, boost controller, etc. I'll race him for the hell of it, it'll be fun either way. Even if he destroys me I'll at least know that my engine will last longer than his rotory trash (jk).
    13.2 @105 with the old auto. Now rockin a 4.44 standard tranny.

run em...off the line you should take him..if he starts to catch up then shut down and say you dont like to go too fast.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    112 trap???

W/those numbers I would expect higher. Maybe we went to diff. dynos. Nice times though. Thats amazing power w/a vf30...
    Me too, but you have to remember that this is a full interior car, 3310 with me in it, a stock tranny that I was trying to keep alive, and a small turbo that doesn't do well under alot of load.

Also, when it made 346whp it peaked at 24psi and fell to 21. At the track, I could only get it to peak 23 and fall down to 18psi.. So that sucked. I'm sure I could have pulled off a 114mph out of there somewhere.

My 1/8th mile trap was 90mph. I was flying.. but that little turbo couldn't keep up in the longer gears

Originally posted by flyingace
    What ? You made 345 whp, 360 tq on a VF30 How did you do that

That even greater than 18gs
    It's called C16 and tuning

I don't think anyone has beaten the record of 112mph trap on a VF30 on a stock motor/tranny.

i was trapping at 112mph on pump gas making 287whp. thats just diff dynos though. but i know of a vf30 that makes similar power, never seen it run, but was impressed with the setup.

Originally posted by POLAR
    i was trapping at 112mph on pump gas making 287whp. thats just diff dynos though. but i know of a vf30 that makes similar power, never seen it run, but was impressed with the setup.
    What's your setup and what kind of dyno did you use?

Yes I put down that power on a dynojet.. but trap speed is what matters, not dyno numbers.