civic si
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on civic si within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; man this was fun, and normally I wouldn't post something so trivial, but this has to be done. on my ...

civic si

man this was fun, and normally I wouldn't post something so trivial, but this has to be done.

on my way home minding my own business, I pull up on this civic si with wheels, stupid exhaust and the works. I slowly pass him because he obviously doesn't understand that it's legal to go the speed limit. as I pass him, the passenger looks over and laughs. I slow down and look right back. they say hey you want to run? I said nah, gas is expensive and your car isn't worth my time. they say right, you're weak... you need to be at a stop, we understand - that slow wrx and all. I said isn't it passed your bedtimes, your lev car isn't going be worth my time. he nods, drops it into 2nd and takes off, then slows down. I am just pacing him laughing histerically. they say, come on why won't you run... so I said fine, why not. I was in the mood for a quick win without even trying. we go at about 40 and instantly pull about 3 cars on them, shift and gain another before I let off the gas. I slow back down and look over at them and they won't even look at me, so I start honking my horn with my finger in the air twirling like big deal, it's a civic. they say you got the jump on us. I said fine, don't honk... just go, when I see you accelerate, i'll go. they said that's not fair, I said who cares your car isn't worth my time. they say ok, and immediatly hit the gas, I follow and pull 2 cars instantly and look over at them when I pass. they slowly roll up to the light that's red and say you won because you have a turbo. I said it's a wrx, did you think it was n/a? they said it could of been, I laughed and said why don't you give me $5 for the gas I wasted, they turned through a red light making a left and peeled out.

so much fun, I had to share!
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I love when people only know about one make of car
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by svc
    Fvk the elves, it's bling season

Sponsored by: BoostBuddy.com

07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

It's kids like that that give the Honda guys a bad name. Too bad the retards outnumber the "good guys" by tenfold. Heh, good run man... I liked that story.
    Chris

1999 Integra LS

AIM: Aracheon

Re: civic si

Originally posted by Snowvert
    they say hey you want to run? I said nah, gas is expensive and your car isn't worth my time. they say right, you're weak... you need to be at a stop, we understand - that slow wrx and all.
    Typically, if you're a jerk to a kid, he's going to be a jerk back.

Granted, you had the faster car in this instance so you looked like the big winner, but was it totally necessary to aggitate the teenies by telling them you don't want to waste gas? I think a simple "no, don't want to race" would suffice in this instance, but then again, there are ego's at stake I guess
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Re: Re: civic si

Originally posted by smokey

Granted, you had the faster car in this instance so you looked like the big winner, but was it totally necessary to aggitate the teenies by telling them you don't want to waste gas? I think a simple "no, don't want to race" would suffice in this instance, but then again, there are ego's at stake I guess
    Hey, if I pull up next to a viper and aggro him like a kid and he tells me that he doesn't wanna waste his gas on me. I'd understand.

Another note: Gas is expensive. I'd be saying the same thing if some pos civic rolls up in his eggroll and eggs me on.

Re: Re: Re: civic si

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    Hey, if I pull up next to a viper and aggro him like a kid and he tells me that he doesn't wanna waste his gas on me. I'd understand.

Another note: Gas is expensive. I'd be saying the same thing if some pos civic rolls up in his eggroll and eggs me on.
    Lol..I understand man, but you have to understand that when you're dealing with stuck up kids (Civic Si kids) then maybe its best to just ignore their taunting? If you tell someone that you don't want to waste your gas on them and you fall prey to their antics, well...I don't know. Maybe its just me.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by Aracheon
    It's kids like that that give the Honda guys a bad name. Too bad the retards outnumber the "good guys" by tenfold. Heh, good run man... I liked that story.

Wow, that pretty much explains it right there. I went to a 7thgencivic.com meet once, and all the cars were at least tasteful, if not tasteful and decently fast, and the people were totally cool. Too bad the jackholes "streetracers" give them a bad name.
    -ORW

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    I'll get under there this weekend and see if I can loosen things up and maybe shoot some lube juice up in there.

Oh sht, please don't sig that.

Re: civic si

Originally posted by Snowvert
    man this was fun, and normally I wouldn't post something so trivial, but this has to be done.

on my way home minding my own business, I pull up on this civic si with wheels, stupid exhaust and the works. I slowly pass him because he obviously doesn't understand that it's legal to go the speed limit. as I pass him, the passenger looks over and laughs. I slow down and look right back. they say hey you want to run? I said nah, gas is expensive and your car isn't worth my time. they say right, you're weak... you need to be at a stop, we understand - that slow wrx and all. I said isn't it passed your bedtimes, your lev car isn't going be worth my time. he nods, drops it into 2nd and takes off, then slows down. I am just pacing him laughing histerically. they say, come on why won't you run... so I said fine, why not. I was in the mood for a quick win without even trying. we go at about 40 and instantly pull about 3 cars on them, shift and gain another before I let off the gas. I slow back down and look over at them and they won't even look at me, so I start honking my horn with my finger in the air twirling like big deal, it's a civic. they say you got the jump on us. I said fine, don't honk... just go, when I see you accelerate, i'll go. they said that's not fair, I said who cares your car isn't worth my time. they say ok, and immediatly hit the gas, I follow and pull 2 cars instantly and look over at them when I pass. they slowly roll up to the light that's red and say you won because you have a turbo. I said it's a wrx, did you think it was n/a? they said it could of been, I laughed and said why don't you give me $5 for the gas I wasted, they turned through a red light making a left and peeled out.

so much fun, I had to share!

I had an encounter with a blue late 90's SI a few weeks back. The story didn't warrant creating a new thread so I will tell my story here. My parents were in town and I was carting them around to go shopping. We pull up to a stoplight and roll next to a nice looking late 90's SI with exhaust. I rolled off the light slowly and the SI hit it from a 5mph roll. I reeled him in instantly in first and left him 2 cars back at 60mph where I let off. My Mom was pretty silent in the back seat of the car. My Dad was a different story. He was pointing at various cars, and saying "can that black Grand Am take us?....don't think so, can that red Honda take us? ....don't think so". It was pretty amusing to say the least. I was waiting to see a new Corvette, Viper or faster car to say yeah that one will take us Dad.
    2004 WRX

Re: Re: civic si

Originally posted by smokey
    I agree, however the passenger looked over and laughed. it was clear as day, so techincally he made the first move. normally when I pull up to a car and look over, I just give a nod.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

haha!

2 good stories in here!!!

haha "yeah dad, that car can take us"

funny stuff.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

just curious, but anybody know what si's (new ones) trap at with I/H/E?

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    just curious, but anybody know what si's (new ones) trap at with I/H/E?
    Civic Si-
    0-60-7.6 seconds
    1/4-15.9 s @ 87.8 mph
    If it were any other car I would say a few tenths quicker in the 1/4 with a few mph faster trap........but we are talking about a Honda which reponds better than any other car in the world to mods, so it's hard to say.
    2004 WRX

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    but we are talking about a Honda which reponds better than any other car in the world to mods.
    somehow I find that hard to believe

That many cars on an SI...not a regular Honda...I dont know dude, the SI is really quick, are you sure he was racing ?

Nah...j/k. NIce kill. V-who ? I love when you get the good convo...makes the kill as easy as it was fun.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast