Stock from a roll = teh suck
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock from a roll = teh suck within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was comin' home from work tonight and a black SRT-4 was headed the same way. I couldn't ever get ...

Stock from a roll = teh suck

I was comin' home from work tonight and a black SRT-4 was headed the same way. I couldn't ever get beside him at any light or anything. We both turn off of this road onto a causeway (little-to-no traffic this time of night). I get up beside him about 35-40ish.

He is ready immediately and gives 3 honks. Mind you, this is my first 3 honk, race-from-a-roll race. So I'm almost not even ready. When I hear him honk, I drop down in 2nd and floor it after the 3rd honk. Dude put like 3-4 cars on me before turning his hazards on at about 80ish, I'm guessing. I felt like I was stuck in the damn mud.

I don't really get much of an opportunity to push/race my car and I have to say....I was kinda disappointed. At least I could hear my engine better since removing the silencer

I only have one choice, it seems: Mod
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

for a race from a roll, they have the advantage of the drivetrain, engine and turbo.

mod's inc! hohoho.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Gut the friggin' uppipe dude. The car will feel so much better after that.
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

I raced an SRT-4 from a roll after I put my CAI on... I started in 3rd gear, so we must have been around 60ish or so... by the time we hit 90, he pulled a good 2-3 cars on me... he had no mods...
    Chris

1999 Integra LS

AIM: Aracheon

SRT-4's are pretty nice cars I've got to admit. Big power numbers that you can get for relativley cheap. If they were but a little cheaper (used ones only go back to 2003 or so) I would be looking for one.
    1993 Subaru Impreza
    160,000 miles and still rollin

A stock SRT-4 will murder most lightly modified WRXs. My old room mate used to have one and I could barely pull him from a roll and my mods were TBE, short ram intake, HKS header, and MBC. Very respectable car.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

skvfx
    go redeem yourself with mods nd a kill.

No matter how much you hate Dodge and/or Neons in general, the SRT-4 is definitely a great car for what it is. I had one pull up to me at a light and it sounded really sweet - it was the first one I had ever seen or heard up close. I really wanted to see how quick they are but I was in the left hand turn lane. We both gave each other the thumbs up though. The guy seemed pretty cool.

When the guy looked over and started mouthing "nice car", my wife was like "this guy is checking out your car". When he pulled away I said, he's driving a nice car too. She said "but it is a Neon". I had to explain that it was a SRT-4 and would probably give the STi a run for its money from a roll...stock for stock.

It is pretty sad when a $47k (cdn price) STi has to worry about a $28k (cdn) Neon. I wonder how they handle going around a track, stock? I'd imagine kind of poorly with all that power and FWD. Anyone know?
    2005 Aspen White STi

Originally posted by flyingace
    Gut the friggin' uppipe dude. The car will feel so much better after that.
    Yeah, an uppipe should make up that 4 car lengths from 40-80
    2003 PSM Wagon - VF34; STi 565cc Injectors; ScoobySport turboback with Prodrive muffler; STi catless uppipe; Cobb AccessPort; Samco IC hoses; 17" Steel Gray Rota Attacks with Sumitomo HTR ZIIs; Prodrive springs, sedan rear sway

I don't think the STI has to worry about a SRT-4, the wrx might, but not the STI. I have a wrx and i know SRT-4 are hard to beat but i know the STI will have no problems with it off a role or launch. My friend has a STi and it can kill the SRT-4 with no problem. The SRT-4 is a good bang for the buck car just like the wrx but handling department on that car needs to be worked on.

He put his flashers on?

Originally posted by olsaltybastard
    He put his flashers on?
    Yeah, i saw him doing it earlier on the other road to this car who tried to race him (some Mazda or something I couldn't make out). The SRT-4 pulled away quickly from the light and pulled in front of the other car in their lane and put the hazards on.

Did the same to me, except didn't get in my lane.
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

Originally posted by TheBoostCreep
    Yeah, i saw him doing it earlier on the other road to this car who tried to race him (some Mazda or something I couldn't make out). The SRT-4 pulled away quickly from the light and pulled in front of the other car in their lane and put the hazards on.

Did the same to me, except didn't get in my lane.
    It means the race is over and he is signaling that he won.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

my acura cl-s put a car on a stock wrx from a roll up to 80
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Im trying to get my girlfriend to get an SRT-4
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.