Stock from a roll = teh suck - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Stock from a roll = teh suck within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by FIL129 I don't think the STI has to worry about a SRT-4, the wrx might, but not ...

Originally posted by FIL129
    I don't think the STI has to worry about a SRT-4, the wrx might, but not the STI. I have a wrx and i know SRT-4 are hard to beat but i know the STI will have no problems with it off a role or launch. My friend has a STi and it can kill the SRT-4 with no problem. The SRT-4 is a good bang for the buck car just like the wrx but handling department on that car needs to be worked on.
    There was a stock SRT-4, 04 with the LSD up front and the factory free mods.. well it had a Mopar stage 2 kit from the factory, which is a factory retuned ECU and bigger injectors, that ran my friend in his TXS DP and GT spec header STi.

The STi lost by 3 cars.
    If anything's worth doing.. it's worth doing right.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

by the sounds of it BIG TURKEY, the SRT-4 isn't stock, it doesn't matter if its from the factory, the ecu is retuned and bigger injectors, ecu retuning helps alot. And losing by three car lenghths thats just exageration, three cars....??? no way

by the sounds of it BIG TURKEY, the SRT-4 isn't stock, it doesn't matter if its from the factory, the ecu is retuned and bigger injectors, ecu retuning helps alot. And losing by three car lenghths thats just exageration, three cars....??? no way
    They are both friends of mine.

You're right, it's not stock. It has a TXS RFL BOV.

Just for reference. Another friend of mine has a black SRT-4. He has a Psi-fi piggyback, exhaust, intake, and a 100 shot. On DRs, that car went 12.40 @ 118mph. Take off the 100shot. He went 13.1 @ 109mph

Thats nice, i don't really care, that srt-4 isn't stock, it is mopar stage 2, doesn't matter about the factory thing, its still retuned and all the other stuff it has on it. i don't want to talk about whos faster anymore, i think the sti is faster and u think the srt-4 is faster, so why are u in a wrx forum, go to a srt-4 or dodge forum.

and drag racing takes no skill at all, put the two cars in a road course and then the srt-4 won't be so fast anymore.

and drag racing takes no skill at all, put the two cars in a road course and then the srt-4 won't be so fast anymore.
    Neither would any of our cars with the ****ty stock rubber they give us. WRX, RSX-S, we got robbed I tell you!
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

I wouldn't say no skill at all... It takes some pretty damn good skill to launch a stock WRX to 1.7 ~ 1.8 60' foot times!

Originally posted by smokey
    Neither would any of our cars with the ****ty stock rubber they give us. WRX, RSX-S, we got robbed I tell you!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Thats nice, i don't really care, that srt-4 isn't stock, it is mopar stage 2, doesn't matter about the factory thing, its still retuned and all the other stuff it has on it. i don't want to talk about whos faster anymore, i think the sti is faster and u think the srt-4 is faster, so why are u in a wrx forum, go to a srt-4 or dodge forum.
    Stop being dumb. I own a damn WRX. I'm just giving respect where respect is due.. calm down. If you put two drivers of equal skill in both cars and drive it down the track... STi will kill the SRT-4. But go from a roll. The SRT-4 will most likely walk the STi.

And dude. That Mopar STG2 is just what they call it cause the 03's don't come with it.. it's now standard on 04's. That's like saying, "I don't care if it's a 2004, it's not stock cause it has bigger injectors and retuned ECU from the 2003, it's a 2004 model! OMG!!"

And just to let you know.. a Mopar Stage 2 upgrade consists of....... :drum roll: ..............

BIGGER INJECTORS!
    ECU TUNED TO COMPENSATE FOR THE BIGGER INJECTORS!!
    THAT'S ALL!!!

Of course every argument goes to "take it to a road course blah blah blah blah blah" You take a car that was built to go in a straight line up against another car that was built for a road course.. of course the SRT-4 is going to lose. But what happens when you take a car built for the road course, and make it run in a straight line against a car that was mean to just go straight? Think about it.

Also. The SRT-4 is a neon. It's ugly. It's FWD. I would never buy it. I would take a STi over a SRT-4 ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. But it does have a stock 2.4L motor that will spool a GT35R around 4700RPMs, and will handle a nice healthy 500whp on the stock block and transmission.

Slow your roll, guy.

im not being dumb, slow YOUR roll

Drag racing takes NO skill at all? Rat of a sub .5 reaction time and 1.7-1.8 60' EVERY time and then make a comment like that.
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

No matter how many people want to argue the fact, SRT-4's are great performers out of the box and dirt cheap. If amenities don't matter then its a smart buy. I doubt the thing handles like a brick, its probably competant in that department just not its strong point. And whats with all the "lets take it to the track" talk. Thats what all the Honda guys said when the WRX came out. To them our cars handle like crap. We are just passing the buck. FF doesn't mean poor handling. Prelude SH, ITR, RSX, all handle like champs.
    '04 Impreza WRX - WRB/Gold

i don't get why people drag race, when its just a freakin strait line, there is no thrill or fun in it, and whats up with everyone and the srt-4, the car is made poorly. no one ever said lets take it to the track either. All was said was put the sti and srt-4 on the track and the sti will win. no one ever said the actually go to the track and race. Just simply saying that IF the cars where on the track, the sti will beat the srt-4.

I think ppl get upset about the SRT4 cuz its cheap and has good performance. Because of this, people who dont have one and who have paid more for their car have to either degrade the SRT4 or say how nice their own car is. I honestly love all performance cars so i dont care about your car is slower than mine BS.

Originally posted by Spectre186
    I think ppl get upset about the SRT4 cuz its cheap and has good performance. Because of this, people who dont have one and who have paid more for their car have to either degrade the SRT4 or say how nice their own car is. I honestly love all performance cars so i dont care about your car is slower than mine BS.
    Agreed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12