Subaru WRX Forum banner

WRX STi vs Supra TT

16K views 49 replies 31 participants last post by  1SICKLEX 
#1 ·
What type of mods would it take to get an STI to beat a stock supra TT?

Thanks much!

#5 ·
roar1879 said:
Really... That shocks me, then again I havnt seen too many STI's in action.

Could anyone tell me how this is possible?
yes...sti has 300hp its awd it runs around 13.2

tt supra is 320 hp is rwd and runs around 13.7

why is that so shocking???..my lightly modded rex would take supras from a stop

#9 ·
You are talkin about 10 year old cars that were tops back then, of course technology will get better and new cars will be quicker. As mentioned above, quarter mile is not a stock TT's strong suit. Get it on a highway where it can get up and use all of that top end and the STi would be shredded.

#12 ·
when my supra was stock i was pulling 13.5's out of that thing.....

they are very easy to make fast...

a BPU supra will put out well over 425hp to the wheels.....bye bye STI

when i got my t88 the car became a whole different animal.....

#14 ·
ya supra's are easy to make a beast. But im... im not sure, but it would seem as though STI's could be made pretty beastly... not as easy but fairly easy since they already start out fast? Not sure. But i love the AWD :D , then again RWD supra would be fun as hell to drift in if u knew what u were doing. :p

#15 ·
Trailboss said:
Then add some BPU's on a Supra and you'll own 95% of everything on the highway

Throw a T72 or two on there and you won't see anyone's taillights
lol exactly... downpipe, exhaust, intake, boost controller and you're already over 400whp ;) drop in some race fuel and really take over. Those cars pull HARD from a roll.

correction there is someone in chicago with over 1050rwhp with a stock block mkiv
Another correction ;) someone put out 1158whp on stock block/internals with an SP400 tranny and SP88 turbo. *88mm turbine*. Granted I dont think he left it on there due to lag, but still... pretty awsome.

Robert~

#17 ·
Trailboss said:
Throw a T72 or two on there and you won't see anyone's taillights
Except for the Vipers here in Houston. One of my good friends has had many Vipers, right now he's turbo'ing his current one but his last one was just heads/cam, bolt ons and a "small shot of gas". When I asked him what a "small shot of gas" was.. his reply, "Oh, it's only a 350 but I'm thinking about bumpin' it up." Vipers take a 300shot all day long. It's said that the stock fuel system on the Viper, if done correctly, will support a 600 shot of nitrous. That's just stupid.

There is a video of that old Viper racing a T88 Supra from a 60mph roll.. Viper was on a 350 shot and the Supra was on a 125 shot and turbo. Supra dyno'd 971whp.. Viper put down 521whp on motor. I was there in the Viper brother's Lotus Espirit. There were tons of supras and vipers around.. the Supra guys were filming. Well as soon as they went.. the Viper jumped the Supra hard.. about 3 lengths and kept pulling. Afterwards they got out and started talkin' mess about how the Viper took the jump and there was no way they lost by 5-6 lengths because he was only at 140mph.. when the Viper was at 160mph. It didn't seem apparent to the supra owner that when you're ahead... you're traveling faster. Needless to say, that video disappeared.

StaticX313 said:

Another correction ;) someone put out 1158whp on stock block/internals with an SP400 tranny and SP88 turbo. *88mm turbine*. Granted I dont think he left it on there due to lag, but still... pretty awsome.

Robert~
I don't think that's right.. I know the majority of the Supra owners here in Houston and I know Peter Blach once held the record at 951whp, but then was beaten by someone else who had a SP78 turbo, and the SP400 tranny.. but he shot out 963whp on the stock block, and that's the last person to put down any power.

Peter now puts down 1059rwhp at the last Supra shootout here in Houston, but that's with a built block.

The STi will take it in the quarter, stock for stock, but only in the quarter. If you look at the trap speed differences.. the STi will die from a roll.

Honestly, at this point I'd rather take an 03 Cobra. Supra's are beautiful, don't get me wrong.. but the 03 Cobras just amaze me. They are the domestic Supras. Right now the stock block has held a little shy of 1100RWHP. The car went 8.90 @ 155mph with a fat ass PT78 @ 24psi... stock block. They said the stock block is on it's way to hold over 1200whp before letting go. They come with JE pistons and Manley rods from the factory. Couple that with the iron block.. talk about boost friendly. And I love the way they look.

Wally

#18 ·
Check out the video I just posted in the Video section of a 69 Z28 Camaro destroying a Supra. The Supra eased up after the Z just mutilated him off the line, I dont think the Supra would have caught him anyways. The Z looked like a 10 second car easy, maybe even in the 9's, American muscle at its best.

#23 ·
v8killa said:
That viper that put down 521 ok yeah now add that 350 to that. Your post reads like a 521+hp Viper took a 970+hp Supra. I have the video of the Texas meet (Invasion on Houston) Needless to say the Vipers got delt with pretty good........
521 + 350 = 871hp Viper.

871 < 971. But then again, I bet the viper had way more torque.

#25 · (Edited)
needsboost2005 said:
You mean it has vtech:eek:

:rotfl: yes i misspelled vtec.
sti does have some sort of variable valve timing...a lot of cars do...toyota's do..even bmw's

article 2 prove it

http://www.modernracer.com/history/subaruimprezawrxstihistory.html

''The STi engine is an advanced 2.5-liter, turbocharged and intercooled, double overhead cam, four-cylinder boxer unit with variable valve timing capable of generating a stunning 300 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,000 rpm. ''

G
#26 ·
supras are overated. not all of em are fast...ive seen too many that are actually slow. (namely 98% of N/A's nd like half of Turbos)...not everyone fixes up their cars nd ive seen a supra running at a track with 500hp but had street tires...which is wasted hp...cause that **** was slow....like slOOowww..well it wouldnt beat a STi without ne drag radials...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.