GTO vs. Vette
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on GTO vs. Vette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If you read my SRT thread, you would know that I was having fun with salesmen on a particular day. ...

GTO vs. Vette

If you read my SRT thread, you would know that I was having fun with salesmen on a particular day. This time it was with a new black GTO 6 speed. I pull out and drive the car very nicly, hop on it a few times to get a feel. It is a very nice car. Then I pull up behind a C4 Vette. We are both in the right hand turn lane. As soon as the light turns green we go, and he steps on it just as he is exiting the turn, I follow. Except I continue into the left lane and continue to have it punched and I outrun this Vette by 3 car lengths. Then I pull into the Ponti dealer. The Salesman was very comfortable and said "this is why they made this car.". I had two other people in the GTO and the Vette had one person and definate exhaust work.

Nick
    Hummer Open Top
    Dodge Viper ACR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice. I drove a GTO and fell in love, I am in the process of possibly buying one this week.

VERY nice car with VERY nice power... putting a pontiac badge on it is kind of a joke.

I think its a rip off. $33K for a 350 hp LS1 engine in a car that looks like anything but a muscle car? no thanks. For half the price, you can get the same engine in an SS Z28. Although on paper the GTO has a little more hp and torque, the SS is actually quicker because it weighs 500 lbs less.

also the ss is the same hp anyway (350 hp) its underrated
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

nice. I drove a GTO and fell in love, I am in the process of possibly buying one this week.

DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because when the NEw one comes out you'll kick yourself hader then the Beatles original drummer leaving teh band because he thought that they were not going anywhere.

The New GTo gets a Better Body Style, the LS2, thats Right, the LS2 engine, 6.0 and 400HP, better handling and breaking.

Nt to mention the Currect GTO gets WAY cheaper cuz it is inferior.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

sht
    i want a link to more info about it!
    please
    thanks
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Nt to mention the Currect GTO gets WAY cheaper cuz it is inferior.
    What car company would lower the price of a car to make room for another version. The New GTO will be called the Judge and will have the LS6 engine. The car will start at 40k and will have many upgrades done to it. I belive that It will be a SLP production. The LS2 will only be avalible for the C6. GM got a lot of hate mail from Corvette owners evry time GM placed the Corvette engien on a Camaro or T/A.

I dont like the dumb hoodscoops on the new one.

It WILL NOT have an LS2, the Judge will have a tuned 375hp or so. The 04's can be had for pretty cheap here.

The car is so plain, its awesome, no rice crap here.

Originally posted by mball
    I think its a rip off. $33K for a 350 hp LS1 engine in a car that looks like anything but a muscle car? no thanks. For half the price, you can get the same engine in an SS Z28. Although on paper the GTO has a little more hp and torque, the SS is actually quicker because it weighs 500 lbs less.
    It handles better than any production Camaro though, I think that's worth something.

and the interior is seriously (many will doubt me) on par with Audi/BMW/Mercede's ect, it's beautiful. It's an all around awesome car, reguardless of how much most 15 year olds want hoodscoops and big wings ect. You realize the Mustang Hood Scoop does nothing RIGHT? THe GTO was all about power in a casual outfit.

I do think it needs quad tip exhausts though.

The interior looks like BMW not GM. It is VERY nice. Here in MI you can get an 04 for around $28,000. I love how it has true dual exhaust. But, it needs to have a pipe on each side of the car, not two on one side. The trunk it pretty tiny too, but what the hey, you dont buy a GTO for trunk space. For all those that want to dog on it, go check one out. It will amaze you how much different it is than you think.

Nick

P.S. For power, Lingenfelter already has two different packages for the GTO. The cheaper one makes 100hp more and 75 ft/lbs more. It also cuts 0-60 by 1 sec, and the 1/4 by more than a sec and a 1/2.
    Hummer Open Top
    Dodge Viper ACR

[i]
    P.S. For power, Lingenfelter already has two different packages for the GTO. The cheaper one makes 100hp more and 75 ft/lbs more. It also cuts 0-60 by 1 sec, and the 1/4 by more than a sec and a 1/2. [/B]
    Yep, don't dog it until you have driven one!

Lingenfelter kit= 11 sec quarter Mile

Ya, it does the quarter right 13.0 seconds stock but screw Lingenfelter mods, this is an LS1 Corvette engine and there are far superior mods put out by GM. They have just put out an upgrade package for the LS1 that includes LS6 parts and will put a 98-02 Z28 damn near Z06 times. Because the GTO is so heavy, I'm not sure what it would do.

The previous owner of my car traded his WRX in for a new GTO and last I heard has run it down to 12.5 at 120 or something miles an hour trap speed.
    13.2 @105 with the old auto. Now rockin a 4.44 standard tranny.

I'd take a new GTO...

Different type of car all together than Corvettes, F-Bodies, etc.

More like an M5 with M3 performance and STi price.
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.