Lost To A Mustang GT!? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Lost To A Mustang GT!? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; That's probably why you lost. The BOV is known to actually reduce the 1/4 ET of a WRX to about ...

That's probably why you lost. The BOV is known to actually reduce the 1/4 ET of a WRX to about 13.1. Take that out and you will crush that Mustang, trust me!

UMMMMMMM......................no, Taking out the BOV will not enable my car to outrun a GT thats running 10 psi boost and 100 hp NOS. I may not have turbo experience, but that doesen't make me a fool. The stock BOV is plastic and it is far from great, the quicker valves on the HKS BOV reduce lag between gears so it makes the car quicker not slower. Where did you say you got your knowledge from? a RSX?
    Last edited by supercharged73; 08-01-2002 at 10:04 PM.
    Midnight Black sedan
    - STI short throw
    - Mille Miglia 17x7 with 225R45 Sumitomo's
    - H+R springs
    - APR single plain aluminum wing
    - STI front and rear lip
    - Greddy EVO catback
    - Greddy Airynx
    - HKS SSBOV
    - Jun eyelids

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by supercharged73

UMMMMMMM......................no, Taking out the BOV will not enable my car to outrun a GT thats running 10 psi boost and 100 hp NOS. I may not have turbo experience, but that doesen't make me a fool.
    I apologize if you think I called you a fool. I didn't but if I, in any way, insulted the owner of a far superior car, then I take it back immediately. Please, let me clean the bottom of your shoes... I noticed you get them a little bit dirty when you were kicking my ass.

Anyway, yes, there is no reason why a WRX driver should be afraid of a GT running 100psi boost with a 1000shot of nitrous. Ever heard of a little phrase that goes something like this:
    The Beauty of AWD Drive.

Notice how it doesn't say "The Beauty of RWD Drive" or "The Beauty of FWD Drive". Hey, I just thought of a worse layout than FWD... LWD!! That's right folks, step right up and buy our Left Wheel Drive car! Oh sure, it doesn't turn left very well, but you will beat ANYBODY in a right turning contest!

Anyway, my point is that AWD makes up for any torque disadvantage the WRX may have against the above mentioned GT.

Again though, I'm sorry if you think I called you a fool. You are far smarter than me, look at the car I own!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

No need to apologize, I don't ride a high horse. Anywho, the GT in this instance had plenty of traction, He hooked almost immediately, funny how those drag radials will do that.
    Midnight Black sedan
    - STI short throw
    - Mille Miglia 17x7 with 225R45 Sumitomo's
    - H+R springs
    - APR single plain aluminum wing
    - STI front and rear lip
    - Greddy EVO catback
    - Greddy Airynx
    - HKS SSBOV
    - Jun eyelids

Originally posted by supercharged73
    No need to apologize, I don't ride a high horse. Anywho, the GT in this instance had plenty of traction, He hooked almost immediately, funny how those drag radials will do that.
    Ahh, now you are talking! But with drag radials on a WRX you could beat the Mustang. Hell, with drag radials on a WRX, I'm guessing we would have to wake up Mr. Einstein to tell him that one of his theories was just proven wrong courtesy of SOA!
    2002 RSX Type S

Originally posted by RSXSucks

Ahh, now you are talking! But with drag radials on a WRX you could beat the Mustang. Hell, with drag radials on a WRX, I'm guessing we would have to wake up Mr. Einstein to tell him that one of his theories was just proven wrong courtesy of SOA!
    RSXSucks, you need to post more often. You make me laugh!

By the way supercharged73

NICE DEATH!!
    Last edited by junaitari; 08-02-2002 at 06:50 AM.

Originally posted by junaitari

RSXSucks, you need to post more often. You make me laugh!

By the way supercharged73

NICE DEATH!!
    Dr. Jekel: RSXSucks
    My Hyde: RSXracer2000

Same goal, different way of doing it. What's even more humorous is seeing how you all are responding to him..."I've seen the light" is for parole hearings...see where this is going?

Originally posted by smokey

Dr. Jekel: RSXSucks
    My Hyde: RSXracer2000

Same goal, different way of doing it. What's even more humorous is seeing how you all are responding to him..."I've seen the light" is for parole hearings...see where this is going?
    Oh please, don't even insult me like that. If there is anything worse than an RSX owner, it is one who refuses to face the fact that he bought the wrong car.
    2002 RSX Type S

Originally posted by RSXSucks

Oh please, don't even insult me like that. If there is anything worse than an RSX owner, it is one who refuses to face the fact that he bought the wrong car.
    Its OK, I'll let you have your fun...it seems that some posters don't quite get what your intentions are. But its pretty damn obvious. I'll stay out of you way while you feed the fire. And please, while I won't insult your intelligence, don't insult mine. Its so overly obvious what you are trying to do right now...Its actually comical.

Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    Don't fear the Dakota R/T. They have huge engines (390CI or 5.9L) shoved in a little truck frame, but they breathe badly and require severe modding to improve output. 16.5's 1/4 mi stock. We had a guy named Ultimate Surfa (we called him the Ultimate Looza ) and another guy named Purple Haze whom visited the F-150 online Lightning fourms with frequency. Both of them poured close to $10K into their trucks just to get them into them into the mid-low 13's. Some claimed very high 12's.

Superchargers only add 25-30 HP (told you those Dodge engines can't flow worth a crap) so unless the R/T guy has deep pockets and a 150 shot of N20 don't fear him.

Mustangs are a diffrent story... Easy to shove a 5.4 kit in and look BONE STOCK (the 4.6 and 5.4 are MOD motors, both share alot of identical components) and they flow well... Some low compression pistons + Manley I-beam rods and you have an engine that you can blow up to 16 PSI safely... Don't judge a 'stang until you see it with the foot shoved in....

Have fun!
    I thought 5.9 = 360 c.i. 390 c.i. is ford. My friend has a s-10 with a zz4 350 and pulls low 13s with ease. I would not under estimate the dakota's either, yes their cylinder heads flow like crap. With a little port work/fuel system work and some traction then the R/T moves out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.