Camaro Driver Funk

This is a discussion on Camaro Driver Funk within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm on 101 going north bound for Palo Alto to visit a friend and I'm cruising at 80 (I ...

Thumbs down Camaro Driver Funk

So I'm on 101 going north bound for Palo Alto to visit a friend and I'm cruising at 80 (I know, I cruise at a fast speed, but the STi feels slow in a straight line at 65mph, she just begs for more). Any how, I see something coming up real fast and he passes me up on the right hand side, and proceeds to hit the breaks as he slows down to a pace, in front of me, in the lane next to me. I think to myself, "Uh, ok." and continue to drive and go about 80, and he keeps on pacing me. This car is black on black on black. I can't tell what kind of Camaro it is. It's not loud either. It had an RS kit but I didn't look to see if it was a SS in RS clothing.

I decide, screw it, I don't like it when people pace me. I shifted down twice at 80 mph into 4th gear, and my revs hit about 6000. I have 1K to shift into the next gear and pull, so I pull up next to him and crank it while I'm next to him. He doesn't bite, so I just speed off. Then after I start slowing down, he starts speeding up!!!

He still doesn't want to go. Finally, my exit is coming up and I speed up to pass this wall of cars in all four lanes and leave. He doesn't follow. What the heck is up with that?

I don't like to get paced by anybody. It just feels weird.

Just a rant, I think I would have killed him anyway. To me, it felt like he picked a fight and backed out at the very last minute.

Signed,
    Charlie

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

uh, see my post I just made about being lit up by an SS and I have 360 hp and 375 ft-lb of torque with a supercharger, granted, he was modded. If the SS was stock you would have had a hell of a race and if he was modded, forget it. You would have seen nothing but tailights, you never know whats under the hood.
    Last edited by EVOVIII; 07-17-2004 at 10:00 PM.

Originally posted by EVOVIII
    uh, see my post I just made about being lit up by an SS and I have 360 hp and 375 ft-lb of torque with a supercharger, granted, he was modded. If the SS was stock you would have had a hell of a race and if he was modded, forget it. You would have seen nothing but tailights, you never know whats under the hood.
    I know what my car is capable of taking and what it isn't. But that's purely by paper standards. If someone picks a fight with me, I just might fight back, regardless of what they got. You never know what a 4 banger can do.

I guess I forgot to mention: I'm wingless with a downpipe and no badges. I don't have 360 hp, but I might be 310 at the crank, at the most. Not sure what my whp is.

But that's besides the point. Pacing is simply annoying.

Signed,
    Charlie
    Last edited by outferno; 07-18-2004 at 12:21 AM.

Originally posted by outferno
    I know what my car is capable of taking and what it isn't. But that's purely by paper standards. If someone picks a fight with me, I just might fight back, regardless of what they got. You never know what a 4 banger can do.

I guess I forgot to mention: I'm wingless with a downpipe and no badges. I don't have 360 hp, but I might be 310 at the crank, at the most. Not sure what my whp is.

But that's besides the point. Pacing is simply annoying.

Signed,
    Charlie
    310 at the crank? Ya, I would pretty much stay away from an SS Camaro then

I'll race anything short of a Z06 Just because... I don't mind losing.

Kept up with a CLK 55 AMG, only lost by half a car, it was great.

Signed,
    Charlie

I'll race anything short of a Z06 Just because... I don't mind losing.

Kept up with a CLK 55 AMG, only lost by half a car, it was great.

Signed,
    Charlie
    Ya, thats how I am. How long did you race the CLK? They are only a low 13 second car and an STi is high 12's You should have got a good jump because of its weight but then it would pull on you pretty well, you still should have won though.

Ya, thats how I am. How long did you race the CLK? They are only a low 13 second car and an STi is high 12's You should have got a good jump because of its weight but then it would pull on you pretty well, you still should have won though.
    Maybe if he raced from a roll wouldnt be the same as from a light.Remember the AWD,thats why the STI gets those times. Now ,I think CLK 55 AMG is RWD unless Im wrong.

I don't race at lights. I always have my battles on the highway from an 80 mph roll. Either I'm a good driver, they're a crappy driver, or I just got lucky, or a combination of all of them

Signed,
    Charlie

310 at the crank? Ya, I would pretty much stay away from an SS Camaro then
    Dont forget a camaro SS has 350 hp to the crank. I know its rated 325 but it has been proverd and dynoed the same hp as the corvette (i am talking about 01-02 of course), Plus its lighter. Unless its automatic it wont even be close . And even then. But from a stop you might beat him but from a roll he will smoke you. A sti traps at 100-103 mph 104 maybe with a great driver since you have some mods a ss traps at 105-107 and an auto 104-106 also depnding on a 98-00 or 01-02

It also could have been a V6 how do you know he was a ss
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

Originally posted by audirs6
    It also could have been a V6 how do you know he was a ss

He said he couldn't tell what kind of Camaro it was, I think.
    Chris

1999 Integra LS

AIM: Aracheon

Couldn't tell. The Camaro was black on black on black. Black badges during the night, black body of the car, black window tints. He looked like an RS purely from the body moldings. I couldn't see the tail pipes, so I figure it's an RS. It wasn't loud, but then again, my music was on. I also didn't feel like looking over to see if he had an SS scoop. I think it was probably an RS, since it didn't have the SS spoiler.

Signed,
    Charlie

Ya it was probably a V6 if it had the rs body kit and you couldnt see the exhaust. But i heard if you put a S/C on those v6s they are no slouch. I also saw one with bolt ons run low 15s with 90s trap speed. Not bad.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

t
    stock or s/c'D ?

Pacing is simply annoying.
    And thats why I do it to people who tailgate me, cut me off, or just speed up to blow past me and try to show off, then slow down to sane speeds.
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.