WRX v Modded GSX

This is a discussion on WRX v Modded GSX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Tonight I ran a modded GSX 2g, he had intake, full exhaust, BOV, some suspension mods, and an intake manifold. ...

WRX v Modded GSX

Tonight I ran a modded GSX 2g, he had intake, full exhaust, BOV, some suspension mods, and an intake manifold. He got me on the launch due to me bogging like a mofo but then i pulled on him about to 100 ending at about 3 car lenghts. Decent race I thought, I aws surprised how well I pulled up top on the DSM.
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nicely done

Very nice and curious to what stage of modifications you are at now? My friends / friend has a gsx and that is all he talks about is how fast it is. Good kill
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I hate bogging off the line. Good race.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I know I am going to catch the usual "but I know someone who..." statements but around here the stock turbo GS-X's are pigs...they seem to be just a step behind WRX's in terms of bolt on power. My friend has a GS-T with hard intercooler piping, turbo back, mbc, intake, ported o2 sensor against my (well at the time) Stage 2 WRX and I walked him from a roll.

It seems the only ones that are dangerously quick are running a 16G or better...but I am fully aware that there are fully worked stock turbo ones out there in the 12's, theres exceptions to every rule, just wish here there were competitive DSMs. I think we have three real-deal ones, one has posted 11 second timeslips and one ran a 12.2 on pump gas...the rest are 14 second cars
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Just curious I've only launched my baby 4 times and just now hit 8,000 miles. And have never had the chance since I've installed the Up, TBE, and the AP STG 2. What exactly causes the car to bog, out of the 4 launches i've bogged twice and then 2 times i've been thrown back in my seat for an awesome experience. Any tips as to how I can never bog again? :P
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

if you dont mind me asking.. whats bogging?

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by WeaponReX
    if you dont mind me asking.. whats bogging?
    Letting the clutch out too quick, not enough RPM, and not getting into boost quick enough.

I bogged like a mofo due to the race flagger. He gave me the eye so I began to rev and as soon as i started to rev he droppd his arms and the GSX rips off the line. I launched a ohhh......3700 rpm. It was NICE. I raced him with my very untuned UTEC StageII(still running .9bar, richer than shizah till i get my EGT gauge put in tomorrow), up, dp, catback, GFB BOV. His list of mods pretty much swamped over mine is what I hear from the crowd. He was running stock turbo with 14psi is what he says so he upped it 2lbs I believe. I was happy I reeled him in that far cause he launched very hard on me, stupid flagger, i wanted to kill him!!
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS