Testdrove srt-4 for the hell of it - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Testdrove srt-4 for the hell of it within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by EVOVIII The Cobra engine is DOHC not a single. I never said it was SOHC. S/C = ...

Originally posted by EVOVIII
    The Cobra engine is DOHC not a single.
    I never said it was SOHC. S/C = supercharged
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by aheineken
    I never said it was SOHC. S/C = supercharged
    ah, ok.

Slow in low gears? Those things run 4.9 0 - 60 and high 13's in the quarter mile. Maybe they accidently put the stuck an 8 in there

Re: Testdrove srt-4 for the hell of it

Originally posted by texasrex02
    damn, that car is pretty nice, especially for the price tag. I'm jealous of their stock boost gauge and fmic!! The greatest part about the test drive was the dealer letting me take on a ricer civic at a stoplight. Smoked em, until 45 lol, didnt want to over do it. But all in all, great car, but just doesnt compare with the suby
    Which dealership in Dallas let you test drive one?

The one thing I like about SRT-4's are the inexpensive, warranty- covered power packages Mopar offers with them.
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

Originally posted by texasrex02
    Slow in low gears? Those things run 4.9 0 - 60 and high 13's in the quarter mile. Maybe they accidently put the stuck an 8 in there
    Don't ask me...maybe it just wasn't what he expected, who knows...if I ever get my car straightened out I want to run him.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Re: Re: Testdrove srt-4 for the hell of it

Originally posted by 03WRX
    Which dealership in Dallas let you test drive one?

The one thing I like about SRT-4's are the inexpensive, warranty- covered power packages Mopar offers with them.
    The ones I looked at were $27,000!

Thats quite a bump up from the $20,000 Sticker

Shotgun
    "Speed Kills......But so do Strokes,...Sign your donar card"

i agree that the price is great for it. but the mopar stages arent covered under warranty if if the dealership installs them. i thought the same thing. when i looked at srt forums only cool dealers would accept them. it seemed like alot do but when i went to look at one the dealer said they wont cover any mopar stages, then i left.

Originally posted by shiro9
    i agree that the price is great for it. but the mopar stages arent covered under warranty if if the dealership installs them. i thought the same thing. when i looked at srt forums only cool dealers would accept them. it seemed like alot do but when i went to look at one the dealer said they wont cover any mopar stages, then i left.
    Yes, correct..

Even though MOPAR gives them the upgrade path, they also get their warranties voided if anything goes wrong..

One tends to wonder what the point is in the first place!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I test drove one before I bought the WRX. It was a fun little car. I may have bought one if it hadn't been for the uncomfortable seats, wrong wheel drive, and horrible traction problems.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say that the SRT-4 has "horrible" traction problems. Its only traction issues are launching (which is to be expected, and it's only "horrible" compared to the AWD launch) and maneuvering in snow and stuff like that (which is also to be expected in any two-wheel drive car). The addition of the Quaife LSD has really helped with that, I can say from experience since I've driven SRT-4s with and without it, and recently I drove back-to-back-to-back an SRT-4 then a WRX then an SRT-4 again.

Re: Re: Re: Testdrove srt-4 for the hell of it

Originally posted by ShotgunTC88
    The ones I looked at were $27,000!

Thats quite a bump up from the $20,000 Sticker

Shotgun

Really?! Was there some dealer markup? I thought the Stage 2 was about $1500+installation.
    2012 Black WRX Premium

Originally posted by jigga
    Yes, correct..

Even though MOPAR gives them the upgrade path, they also get their warranties voided if anything goes wrong..

One tends to wonder what the point is in the first place!

You are correct. Copied from the Mopar website:

HOW DOES THE INSTALLATION OF THIS KIT AFFECT THE VEHICLE'S WARRANTY?
    Performance or racing parts are considered to be non-DaimlerChrysler parts. Repairs or adjustments caused or required as a result of their use are not covered under your vehicle's factory warranties. This information can be found in the Warranty Information booklet in the glove box of each new vehicle. Refer to Section 3. What's Not Covered.
    2012 Black WRX Premium

Originally posted by DeeezNuuuts83
    I wouldn't go so far as to say that the SRT-4 has "horrible" traction problems. Its only traction issues are launching (which is to be expected, and it's only "horrible" compared to the AWD launch) and maneuvering in snow and stuff like that (which is also to be expected in any two-wheel drive car). The addition of the Quaife LSD has really helped with that, I can say from experience since I've driven SRT-4s with and without it, and recently I drove back-to-back-to-back an SRT-4 then a WRX then an SRT-4 again.
    The one I drove was an 03, and it may not have had "horrible" traction problems like I said, but it definitely was bad. When I punched it comin out of a corner, all I got was tire squeel and peg-legging. I'm sure the 04 version is quite a bit better though.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

i test drove an 04, and the road was a little wet from rain earlier in the day, and the traction was pretty sad. the other thing i didnt like was how close the shifter was to the seat when in 2nd gear. i felt like my hands (although pretty large) should not have been touching the corner of my seat when slamming 2nd gear.

my 2 cents

Originally posted by redwinger
    i test drove an 04, and the road was a little wet from rain earlier in the day, and the traction was pretty sad.
    Could it have been attributed to the SRT-4's torque curve? Let's not forget that these things have 250 lb.-ft (which is an underestimated rating, as you all know) going through the front wheels. But don't get me wrong--if I had my way, I would've preferred it to be either RWD or AWD.

I test drove one before I bought the WRX. It was a fun little car. I may have bought one if it hadn't been for the uncomfortable seats, wrong wheel drive, and horrible traction problems.
    Originally posted by wrxinfx
    and don't forget the manual rear windows
    and the fact that they crumble like a soda can in an accident.

-Jim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast