Weird Night...whats up w/racers lately?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Weird Night...whats up w/racers lately? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm out and about w/some friends from this site and others w/some cool cars. They have a video camera ...

Weird Night...whats up w/racers lately?

So I'm out and about w/some friends from this site and others w/some cool cars. They have a video camera and they are showing off some of their races...I'm like damn, I want to see what I look like on camera...So we decide to go out hunting for game...Not just any game but some good game...

C5 Vette (yellow w/loud pipes and gauges)...After some time I finally get next to the guy. I look over and give the point towards the "safe" place to run. He looks at me and says " Your car is way too fast I dont want to race"...Im like ...I say again just for fun...you know your car is fast. He says not unless its for money...RIIIIGHT...I wasnt born yesterday...so all that catching up and working for not...eh.

E30 M3 (front white bmw rims, back m3 roadster rims )
    so we catch a light and I just look over and nod. HE takes off...ok...so I slowly catch up and look over and again ...give the nod and the finger...it usually works. He looks at me and says...nah..only for $$$$...I'm like no...just for fun..He declines...again I am

Ah whatever I decide to call it a night...My car musta looked slow tonight because no one wanted any...at least no one I wanted to run. My finger and nod must have been off kilter a little bit...

Only fun of the night..A SS Camaro pulls up...I'm like yeah....ls1 meat...So we decide to go from 2nd. I honk 3x and immediately pull and out of second hes a little farther back then usual. I stop and ask him what happened...listen to this. " I went sideways, too much hp, over 700hp...." I'm like riiiight you gave up becuase your tail was about to get spanked...what a lloyd like floyd.

Last of the night was on the way home. A bike and I were fooling around on the highway. I finally pulled ahead a little at around 80mph and held until he came up to my rear bumper. He comes close and I go wot...We both shut down at around 140mph. He eventually came even becuase I started first, but I think he was a little scared. Musta been a 650 and he musta been suprised at first and then got on it...none the less he gave props...only highlight of the night..eh theres always next time...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There is NO WAY that guy had anything close to 700 hp if you beat him that bad, hate to say it but he would have torched you. Say what you will but a heavily modded SS Z28 with the LS1 will do alot of damage, 325 rwhp and 350 lb ft of torque stock is very solid. Getting it up to 400 at the wheels is no problem and then you can still get it higher and God forbid you come across one with a supercharger on top of those mods.
    Last edited by EVOVIII; 07-17-2004 at 01:06 AM.

Re: Weird Night...whats up w/racers lately?

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    give the nod and the finger...it usually works.

I had to re-read that before I figured out it wasn't the middle finger u were giving

what kinda bike was the dude riding?

I'm going to agree with EVOIII. My pops has an 2001 SS and he got it dynoed stock and it had 320 at the wheels. There advertised with 325 at the crank so we know thats bulls***. All he has is drop in filter and catback and he has 340 at the wheels according to the last dyno. His car is FAST now doubt. I drive it often and it will hand a stock STI it's ass.

If the guy you raced had half the horsepower he said he had he should have worked you especially from a roll with the crazy amount of tork that engine produces.

Anyways, I'm not flaming or anything just stating my experienced opinion. Hope you get some good races soon, people that actually want to race for the sport not just to try to make some $$$$$.

a stock ls1 SS WILL not hand an STi it's ass. If the STi bogged the launch it might pull a car. SS vs STi is a drivers race hands down.
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

Oh no absolutely...the guy was talking out of his a$%...I knew that. It was just funny that this was his reply to the whole situation...I have beaten SS's w/ exhausts, ls2 intake manifold, intake, and delta flash...but anything more then that and for now he owns
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Lame night, I expected better.

1 more of these crappy posts and you're getting banned from this site

Just kidding
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Hey man..I tried..I even tried to get it on tape for you guys to enjoy...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Seems like you ran into a bunch of hustlers.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

I must have...

the vette I can see...the Bmw...eh...maybe not...Im not exactly slow...but...you never know.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Bah, all this LS1 talk...my friend has a cat back, converter and a lid on his 00 Trans Am and I pulled on him from highway rolls with my completely untuned Stage 4 (VF22) WRX set at 14psi. Yes the automatics are slower from a roll then the sticks, but he also ran another 00 Trans AM 6 speed with intake and exhaust and was a fender behind. Just my .02
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.