For RSXRicerBoy
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on For RSXRicerBoy within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, I decided to go poking around the RSX forums and see if all RSX owners are as annoying as ...

For RSXRicerBoy

Ok, I decided to go poking around the RSX forums and see if all RSX owners are as annoying as our friend and pal RSXRicerBoy. I know we have another rsx owner on the board and he seems like a good guy, so i was curious. I happened to stumble across a thread on RSXworld about the WRX vs. RSX.... I found it interesting. Here's the first post:
    --------
    I hate to bring up the whole WRX/RSX comparison again, but RSX Blondie and I did a comparison, and the results were very disappointing.

Hypothesis: Everyone knows that the WRX is faster from a standing start due to the AWD advantage. Studying magazine dynos of both cars, however, made me think that the RSX would be faster after the launch, and would catch the wrx eventually. The RSX S and the WRX both seem to dyno around 170hp. The WRX is roughly 200-300lbs heavier than the RSX, so one would think that on the straights the RSX would be faster. I was almost SURE this would be the case.

The test: RSXBlondie and her friend were in her wrx and I was alone in the RSX. We tested on Rt. 80 in NJ. I outweigh blondie and her friend by about 50lbs. I had a couple of additional things in the car...so that added about another 20 lbs or so. Still I thought the weight advantage would favor the RSX. We did multiple pulls from 60mph in third gear. The WRX pulled ever so slightly every time.

Conclusion: I can't explain it. There is no reason why that should be the case, but it is. The WRX is just flat-out faster. To tell you the truth I can't even say that the RSX handles a whole lot better than the WRX does. It just seems like the WRX is better in every way (peformance-wise). I am very disappointed. If anyone has an explanation of how this could be..I'd love to hear it.
    --------
    Here's a link to the thread if you want to take a look at the rest: http://www.rsxworld.com/forums/showt...0&pagenumber=1

So, it is my conclusion after reading that thread that RSXRicerBoy is simply busting balls for the sake of busting balls. Other RSX drivers seem to have respect for the WRX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the key differance is torque, something hondas dont have
    Edge of The Blade

Like I said in the Burke Lake race thread,

Show me an RSX time slip with a 100+mph trap speed and a list of the mods done and I'll concede that they are faster at highway speeds.

-Jim

that chick has 2 cars, NOT FAIR. how did she end up with WRX\RSX
    ---------------nighthawk black RSX---------------
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)
    alpine CD player (COM 7874)
    ------------------------------------------
    are there any Stage kits for the RSX?? PM me if u know of any..
    -------------------------------------------------------
    VEHICAL OF CHOICE--->SUBARU!(WRX)

Yea, right?!?! And, from what i saw on a few other threads, she can really drive em both and she's pretty hot! Basura!

Just goes to show you that what you read in a magazine is not what actually occurs out in the streets. I have to agree with that post. When my WRX was stock I was able to pull consistently on the RSX-S even on the upper end.

Don't get me wrong I like the RSX-S. Just like other people in this forum I looked at buying one also. In the end the modding potential in the WRX was much better and much cheaper than that of a RSX-S.

Jes

Re: For RSXRicerBoy

Originally posted by javy212
    The test: RSXBlondie and her friend were in her wrx and I was alone in the RSX. We tested on Rt. 80 in NJ. I outweigh blondie and her friend by about 50lbs. I had a couple of additional things in the car...so that added about another 20 lbs or so. Still I thought the weight advantage would favor the RSX. We did multiple pulls from 60mph in third gear. The WRX pulled ever so slightly every time.

Doods always seem to miss out on area under the curve. It doesnt matter what your peak HP is, the engine can't always drive at peak power (I think the CVTs can...now there's a cool tranny), it's how much hp/torque you're making at that instant. Peak numbers might be close, but lets say the WRX is at 60mph in 3rd gear (what's that bout 5k?) and it's making 180hp...while the RSX is only making 140HP at that speed...who's gonna get the jump? That's all you need on the street...a little jump.

That's why you want a nice flat torque curve and go for the most area under the curve in your tuning if you want to have some fun on the street.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

Maybe instead of quoting hp figures, we should quote the total area under the curve.... hmmm...
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

Since in the Burk Lake thread RSXracer mentioned turbos on rsx's

rsxracer

your pretty heavily modded so i believe this story....but like i said a stock RSX out runs a stock wrx from a roll......u have to let things get evened up, let the rsxs out there throwon there turbo kits and such and your all mighty wrx's r in for a world of hurt.

I found this on RSXWorld.com:

DC5Master

Well this is my first of many posts I will be putting on your forum! i own a RSX and have been working on a turbo system for the past 10 months. We have encountered quite a few problems with this car and its unwillingness to want more power! I fear that turbo on this car is gonna cost quite a pretty penny and wont be for the faint of heart! From talking with Greddy and HKS and others just trying to break the 300 HP barrier is gonna be a tough one! I should be close soon maybe in a few weeks but this is after 10 months of work and lots of green$$. If you are thinking of turbo and have Q's just leave them here and ill try to get back to you. Here is a link too see my progress! [url]www.onlineshowoff.com my user name is DC5Master

Just trying to throw a little more salt on the wound.

Originally posted by gryphon
    Maybe instead of quoting hp figures, we should quote the total area under the curve.... hmmm...
    The only true indication of a engine's power potential is a dyno plot of torque and HP. With two dyno plots in hand, it's easy to tell which engine is superior.

-Jim

so that states that we were right and the rsxricer was wrong...woohoo for us

MUUUUUUUHAHAHAHHAHA!!!
    WR Blue Perl WRX

Originally posted by neptune
    MUUUUUUUHAHAHAHHAHA!!!
    ahhhhhhh yes. justice has been served/regulated/dished out/performed/delivered/installed/implemented
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I feel so satisfied.... and surpised that Ricerboy hasn't chimed in yet.

This will somehow be the ONE feakin' post he doesn't WANT to read!
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.