For RSXRicerBoy - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on For RSXRicerBoy within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by javy212 I feel so satisfied.... and surpised that Ricerboy hasn't chimed in yet. i am too...

Originally posted by javy212
    I feel so satisfied.... and surpised that Ricerboy hasn't chimed in yet.
    i am too

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by jmussetter
    This will somehow be the ONE feakin' post he doesn't WANT to read!
    im sure he read it just doesn't want to say anything because wrx owners have proof

Originally posted by javy212
    I feel so satisfied.... and surpised that Ricerboy hasn't chimed in yet.
    the great 1 has arrived

umm that whole thing about the rsx not taking boost well is umm how ca i put t bull****....the greddy and hks kits are going to be very reliable, the only thing that is stoppingthe RSX from serious boost is the high compression. look at the f20 i the s2000, virtualy the same engines with a few diffrences and tuned diffrent and EVERYONE here knows that motor outdoes the EJ20 (wrx motor right?).
    they had the same problems with the f20 and b18c5 but they quickly over came the boost problems....like i said when the aftermarket developes wrx is in for a world of hurt
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

i still can't believe that u think the rsx doesn't have an aftermarket thats big...pick up a catalog and u see rsx for everything nothing much bout the wrx unless u search online...thats funny the proof is in the catalogs...and ya turbos better on low compresion hence the reason why u can't hold a nice big boost so what kind've excuse was that??

Well, the thing is comparing stock to stock. WRX is faster than RSX that is proved. But if you are talking about to boost up a NA viehcle, what do you think if we use a larger turbo on our WRX?
    I guess it's no point to compare modified cars... Do you thinking your fixed up RSX can run faster than JUN tuned Imprezas?

Just my 2cents, tell me if I'm wrong...

Albert

Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    i still can't believe that u think the rsx doesn't have an aftermarket thats big...pick up a catalog and u see rsx for everything nothing much bout the wrx unless u search online...thats funny the proof is in the catalogs...and ya turbos better on low compresion hence the reason why u can't hold a nice big boost so what kind've excuse was that??
    i think every1 here would agree with me if any1 is going to be a rsx expert its ME. i know whats out for the car and trust me the aftermarket is still rather weak. they have a couple of small turbo kits out and some sleeves for the blocks...the other things havent had time to be developed yet...when the compression ratios start dropping we'll see just who's ahead on the highway...a turbo rsx or a modded wrx

edit: oh by the way the type S head can be swapped on to the 2.4L k24 block with some moddification LOL trouble for you.
    Last edited by RSXracer200 #2; 07-31-2002 at 11:13 PM.
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

Originally posted by RSXracer200 #2

edit: oh by the way the type S head can be swapped on to the 2.4L k24 block with some moddification LOL trouble for you.
    Ha! WRX head can be swapped on to the 2.5L EJ25 block with some modification LOL bigger trouble for you.

And once the aftermarket for forced induced K20 gets bigger, already-big EJ20 aftermarket will be even bigger.

how can it get any bigger? the aftermarket is already fully developed....maybe more brands will come out with wrx parts but everything you can need is already available for some1 out there....ej2o is not a new engine like the k20 and k24 so its aftermarket it pretty much fully developed.
    Last edited by RSXracer200 #2; 08-01-2002 at 12:29 AM.
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

Oh my...

Dude...You are so freakin' out of it.

It's a proven fact that turbo'd cars from the factory have a greater potential for big power gains than one that isn't.

You'd have to completly rebuild your engine to handle the same amount of power that the WRX can, PLUS you don't even have an LSD!!! Much less AWD like the REX.

I have a Celica GT-S, and it's compression ratio is VERY similar to yours. Unless you redo the engine internals, you're looking at MAX 6 to 7 psi for that turbo. Plus IT is gonna be costly. You're probably just looking at the price of the kit for the GReddy (of which I'm well aware of), but you're not even looking at all the things you've got to do to your car to get it prepped for that kit...install, gauges, lowering the compression, bla bla...You need to go read some more info on that turbo kit...you'll be surprised.

All that just to get performance comparable to the WRX, and even then the WRX will be able to just bolt on a bigger turbo, bigger injectors, and some better fuel management, and you're dusted again.

Hell, you guys are having problems with the Celica handing your ass to you, and you're thinking you can hang with an REX when it comes to the power department?

I haven't seen an RSX-S YET, that's been able to hang with a Celica or a WRX, that's at the track, and on the street. I've already taken out 3 from a stoplight and a roll.

Go look at your brethren's times...get my drift?

By the time you get your RSX to the potential that the WRX has, it won't be an RSX anymore...it'll be a totally new engine, while the WRX is pretty much the same thing the owner's bought off the lot.

In the long run, I think it might be cheaper for you just to go buy a Civic and do an engine swap.
    1993 RX-7 TT
    http://home.attbi.com/~archangle10/w...7/site1005.jpg
    SSP Pineapple Racing Rebuild/Stage 2 Oil/Rebuilt Tranny/HKS Downpipe/Apex-i PFCw/Commander/RB Dual SS Catback/ACT S/S Clutch/Resurfaced Flywheel/ASI AST/Fluidyne Radiator/Polished UIM/Throttlebody/Efini Y-Pipe/Silicone Hose Job
    Koni Shocks/Eibach Springs/Mazdaspeed Bushings/Brembo Dimpled/Slotted Rotors/G-Stop Steel Brake Lines/EBC Greenstuff
    Kenwood eXcelon Z919 CD-MP3/Infinity Kappa Perfect Sound System/2 JBL Power 360W Amps/2 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect Subs
    Car Pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291149161
    Modification Pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291071767

2002 Subaru WRX
    FATT

Originally posted by RSXracer200 #2
    how can it get any bigger? the aftermarket is already fully developed....maybe more brands will come out with wrx parts but everything you can need is already available for some1 out there....ej2o is not a new engine like the k20 and k24 so its aftermarket it pretty much fully developed.
    People who ran 11s quarter mile haven't even opened up their engines yet. Do you think a turbocharged RSX-S with stock internal can run 11s with street tires?

hehehe this from a celica.....the same celicas i beat quite a few times. face it the best thing about the celica is the girls i see driving them.

and u want to talk about engine mods with me hahaha there is more to upping the boost then just lowering compression.

i've never seen you before so you dont know me, most people here dont like me but they do know that i do know about modding cars quite well....you obviously dont since you have the celica
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

Originally posted by TristineLim

People who ran 11s quarter mile haven't even opened up their engines yet. Do you think a turbocharged RSX-S with stock internal can run 11s with street tires?
    your engine comes with forged internals stock...so even with the new internals there will be a deffinent power increase but no so much as with a rsx....anyway you slice it they both have 2.0L 4bangers that in the end will have near identical power output but then other things are whats going to set these cars apart. gearing is on the RSXs side, drag is also on the RSXs side, and power to the wheels will also be on the RSXs side.....like i said your always going to be faster off the line but we'll have the faster cars from a roll.
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

Uh...

If you know cars so well, then you'll understand that you'll have to rip your engine apart just to come even CLOSE to the STOCK potential that the WRX has.

That's the whole point of my post...

I eat RSX-S's for breakfast...mod for mod, stock for stock, the Celi comes out on top. Maybe we should hook up some time, and see what the dealio is, at the track or the street, doesn't matter.

With out the N20....

How about we do a little road racing for fun, too?

Show you what a great investment that rear suspension of yours is...
    1993 RX-7 TT
    SSP Pineapple Racing Rebuild/Stage 2 Oil/Rebuilt Tranny/HKS Downpipe/Apex-i PFCw/Commander/RB Dual SS Catback/ACT S/S Clutch/Resurfaced Flywheel/ASI AST/Fluidyne Radiator/Polished UIM/Throttlebody/Efini Y-Pipe/Silicone Hose Job
    Koni Shocks/Eibach Springs/Mazdaspeed Bushings/Brembo Dimpled/Slotted Rotors/G-Stop Steel Brake Lines/EBC Greenstuff
    Kenwood eXcelon Z919 CD-MP3/Infinity Kappa Perfect Sound System/2 JBL Power 360W Amps/2 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect Subs

2002 Subaru WRX
    FATT

Originally posted by ArchangelX
    Uh...

If you know cars so well, then you'll understand that you'll have to rip your engine apart just to come even CLOSE to the STOCK potential that the WRX has.

That's the whole point of my post...

I eat RSX-S's for breakfast...mod for mod, stock for stock, the Celi comes out on top. Maybe we should hook up some time, and see what the dealio is, at the track or the street, doesn't matter.

With out the N20....

How about we do a little road racing for fun, too?

Show you what a great investment that rear suspension of yours is...
    ohh we have a big man here....he goes out looking for rsxs but needs juice to race **** nitrous here's a quote the muscle car crowd like to use on ricers like you
    "bottles are for babies....real men get blown"
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

Heh...

I said WITHOUT the N20.

Besides, I save the juice for WRX's...
    1993 RX-7 TT

2002 Subaru WRX
    FATT

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast