WRX Wagon vs older Vette
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX Wagon vs older Vette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My girlfriend and I were driving to visit her sister...west of Toronto (Canada). We were on a four lane highway ...

WRX Wagon vs older Vette

My girlfriend and I were driving to visit her sister...west of Toronto (Canada). We were on a four lane highway speed limit of 90 km/h and I am cruising in the left lane at about 110. We approached a group of cars in the right lane and I notice an older corvette convertible (late 70's- early 80's) as I pass by and think hmmmm...Nice car. As I get ahead of the group of cars I pull into the right hand lane and continue on...A couple of minutes later I see the vette coming up hard in the left lane and blows by me only to slow down again. It is an older dude with his young son in the passenger seat and the kid looks over at me with a smile on his face as his dad raced by....Hmmmmm!!! I decided that the slow down was a deliberate challenge to my mighty stock wagon. So I downshift and change lanes to pull in behind the vette (car in my lane ahead). As we pass the slower car in the right lane I switch over to the right lane and pull up alongside the vette were he proceeds to gun it....definitely an aftermarket exhaust(loud). Well I get onto it and to my suprise and his and definitely his son's I easily walk him waving to his son as I pass them. I was very suprised as I thought I would not have faired as well but was quite happy from the result...note...my girlfriend was not...Oh well, definitely worth it. The good news is that I am currently visiting my buddy in New Jersey and have finally got my hands on the ERZ up/downpipe that I had delivered to his place so I can hardly wait to get home to install it.

If there are any members who live near Sparta in Jersey PM me and maybe we can hook up while I am here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cool dude. I would have thought that stock you would be no match at freeway speeds - but what do I know

up to about 60-70 my stock wagon is pretty close to my dads' 95 vette

Some of the late 70s early 80s vettes only had 190hp and were really slow. My brother lives in sparta and has a wrx also

1981 Vette had 190hp, the least of ANY year. I should know, my old man used to have one, automatic even. I had my arse handed to me by an 85 Supra once. Oh well, I guess I can forgive my old man - he has a Z06 now.

Corvette stop making convertibles in 1975 for 11 years. In 1986 with the introduction of the Indi pace car corvette began to make convertibles again. The 1975 Corvette had 175 HP and a 350 cid. You could get a 1974 with a 454 cid, but it made 250 hp. I belive that the 1973 Model was the same. The 1970 454 made 425 HP and 350 with the LT1. The 1970 Corvette with the 454 would of eat your lunch.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.