WRX a jaguar killer

This is a discussion on WRX a jaguar killer within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my friend and I were driving around late tonight looking for the local street races. Once we got to the ...

WRX a jaguar killer

my friend and I were driving around late tonight looking for the local street races. Once we got to the road where they usually occur we saw that it was empty and then realized it was tuesday night. Anyway...he drives a jaguar s-type 4.0. If any of you have heard of this car you know it pulls pretty well. While sitting there looking at an empty 1/4 mile track he decides to go at it. I'm thinking, "282 horses of naturally aspirated v-8 power... im gonna get owned" but not being one to turn down a challenge, i accept. I let him call out the start as I let the engine rev up to 4k. He says go and i slide out the clutch gaining about half a car length. As I shift into second he starts gaining it back, but then the almighty turbo kicks in and i gain about a car length and a half. After a quick shift into third i gain another car length and its all history from there.
    After tonight i have gained a lot of respect for this car, as i've driven that jag and know it packs a punch. I lost some confidence after the last street racing episode (getting owned by a heavily modded camero SS). But after some heavy modding ill be asking that guy for a rematch. So if anyone takes on an s-type, know you can take it, cuz my car is just about stock and he got killed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

That Jaguar is nothing more than a rebadged Ford Tarus. Same frame, same ECU, same powertrain No kidding. Guess who bought out Jaguar??? Uses the same 3.0 and 4.0 found in the Tarus and Ranger.

Rangers don't have 4.0 v8's?

Originally posted by scoob
    Rangers don't have 4.0 v8's?
    The 4.0 is a V6. The Explorer has a 4.6L V8, though.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    That Jaguar is nothing more than a rebadged Ford Tarus. Same frame, same ECU, same powertrain No kidding. Guess who bought out Jaguar??? Uses the same 3.0 and 4.0 found in the Tarus and Ranger.
    Negative. The chassis is from the Lincoln LS, the V6 is based on the Duratec engine structure, and the V-8 is pure Jag.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

Originally posted by JTREX

Negative. The chassis is from the Lincoln LS, the V6 is based on the Duratec engine structure, and the V-8 is pure Jag.
    My 02' Feb or March SVTOA mag said that they were based from the new Tarus frame and the 3.0 vulcan (V6)

Innacurate info?

the jag engine: 90-degree V8. Aluminum-alloy cylinder heads/block. DOHC, 32-valve, Variable Cam Phasing.

the taurus engine: 3.0L Duratec V6 engine with automatic overdrive transmission - EPA estimated mpg: 20 city/27 highway

these are from the respective manufacturer websites

also this is the ranger engine: Ranger The 4.0L SOHC V-6 Engine produces 207 horsepower @ 5250 rpm and 238 lbs.-ft. of torque @ 3000 rpm.

where the jag engine holds 282bhp

It will take much more than a V8 to take out an H4. H4 NA make about the equivalent of a V10 so a turbo H4 has nothing to worry about.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?