Raced an M3 today

This is a discussion on Raced an M3 today within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Finally a good challenge. I raced some guy in an M3 who was tailgating me when I was already doing ...

Talking Raced an M3 today

Finally a good challenge. I raced some guy in an M3 who was tailgating me when I was already doing 60 in a 50 zone. When the guy next to me turned, he whipped next to me and we came to a red light and he revved at me. I revved back and smiled to myself because its the first time I had done it. Light went green and he took off but I hit some water in a dip in the intersection and the back end got a bit light for a split second giving him an advantage. My wheels hooked up and I was gone, I caught him in 2nd gear at about 45-50 and got almost a whole length on him by 3rd but we had to slow for the next light. He puts his window down and I am thinking he is going to start **** but he says "What do you have in that F'er?" I tell him a supercharger and he chuckled and thought I was in a regular GT. He wants to go again and I agree, no water or dips this time and a nice clear road on a hot ass July day in the desert.

Light goes green and we go, he gets a good launch and took a tiny lead. I hit 2nd and rocket inrto a nice lead. I dont know what it is but 2nd gear in this car is unbelievable, the pull from the supercharger is so strong it feels like your tires might actually leave the road. Hit 3rd and open the lead to about a length and a half as I can see him in my side mirror. I shut it down about 70 or so with that lead and get into the turn lane, he follows and tells me to turn into a mini mart. I do and he wants to check out the engine and everything, he has never heard of Jack Rosuh or a Roush Mustang. You learn something new every day
    Last edited by EVOVIII; 07-15-2004 at 09:56 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you miss the evo? I know the roush is fast, but it seems like you could have easily made your evo even faster...i guess im just a bigger fan of the evo altho the roush does sound sweet! Good Kill!

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

You've run a 12.3 1/4 and didn't put more distance between the two of you? I'm guessing he wasn't stock, eh? I understand the run w/ the water slippage, of course.

Or were you just not going all out to completely embarass him?

Just wondering the story behind only 1 1/2 cars w/ your beast of a drag car.
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

Originally posted by TheBoostCreep
    You've run a 12.3 1/4 and didn't put more distance between the two of you? I'm guessing he wasn't stock, eh? I understand the run w/ the water slippage, of course.

Or were you just not going all out to completely embarass him?

Just wondering the story behind only 1 1/2 cars w/ your beast of a drag car.
    That 12.3 was a one time thing, the closest I have come to it is 12.7. I dont know if I got a phony readout or if I had a nice breeze helping me or what. Not sure what the M3 1/4 mile is but I would bet its right under 13 so thats why it was fairly close.

how much did u pay for ur mustang??
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Then again if you shut it down at 70... you weren't even at the 1/8th mile so you woulda put a bunch of cars on him before all was said and done. Good kill

Originally posted by InfamousDX
    Then again if you shut it down at 70... you weren't even at the 1/8th mile so you woulda put a bunch of cars on him before all was said and done. Good kill
    Ya thats what I was thinking, I probably would have pulled on him and been quite a bit ahead by about 100 mph.

As far as what I paid for it, I basically got a steal. I traded in my heavily modded Evo which the owner of the dealership was drooling over and they dropped like $20K off the sticker meaning I got it for about $27K spread out over a 6 year buy. I found out why they are so eager to get rid of it. First off, its a 2002 and has been sitting in the back of their lot collecting dust for almost 2 years and 2nd, insurance is a beotch. I am 29 and have a very good record and the lowest estimate I have found is $210 a month