Popular mechanics takes the fastest 8 stock street cars to the track - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Popular mechanics takes the fastest 8 stock street cars to the track within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by jimi900 The Saleen S7 isnt superchanrged...... all motor.. why no Ferrari's? Ferrari wouldnt give then any cars. ...

Originally posted by jimi900
    The Saleen S7 isnt superchanrged...... all motor.. why no Ferrari's? Ferrari wouldnt give then any cars.
    "its not about numbers"

Thats what they all say at ferrari

I guess there numbers are beaten by the AMGs and Z06 and viper so they dont want to look bad.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by audirs6
    "its not about numbers"

Thats what they all say at ferrari

I guess there numbers are beaten by the AMGs and Z06 and viper so they dont want to look bad.
    Ferrari = overrated

jeb
    Are they correct about the E55 having an open diff. It seems crazy to have 516 ft.-lb of torque in a 3990 lb car for a 80,000$ and not have some kind of limited slip.
    2002 Silver WRX

ferrari's have bling factor

Originally posted by PIMPWGN
    ferrari's have bling factor
    True... But with my bling I'll take some bang also. With the bling and the bang you'll get another type of bang.

I'll take a Porsche or a MB for my bling and bang factor thank you

Originally posted by skyphix
    GNX was a factory package, therefore, just as stock as STi's or EVo's or SRT-4's... etc.
    I was not aware that ASC/McLaren was a division of General Motors........ In 1987 Buick sent 547 Regal Grand Nationals to ASC/McLaren to become GNX's. They LEFT the factory for these conversions. To me that just isn't stock anymore.
    2004 WRX

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    True... But with my bling I'll take some bang also. With the bling and the bang you'll get another type of bang.

I'll take a Porsche or a MB for my bling and bang factor thank you
    I agree with you that ferrari's are not worth the money. But, bling factor also accounts for exclusivity. Everyone has a MBZ. If you get one, regardless what it is, you'll be driving the same car as thousands of asian women. Porsche is a better choice, especially the new 997 carrara S.

Originally posted by PIMPWGN
    Everyone has a MBZ. If you get one, regardless what it is, you'll be driving the same car as thousands of asian women.
    I guess I should've married an Asian Women eh? Instead, I married a white one that luvs the wrx more than I do
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    I guess I should've married an Asian Women eh? Instead, I married a white one that luvs the wrx more than I do
    you lucky fella

Before you deluge our mailbox with angry letters, let us tell you that this test is for production cars only. No twin-turbo Vipers, no supercharged Corvettes and no Mustangs "tuned" to produce 450 hp.
    That's why the Roush was not invited.

Some cars on our list weren't available at the time of our test. We invited the $450,000 617-hp Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, but there were none in the country at the time of our test. Same went for the new 612-hp Porsche Carrera GT and the 552-hp Bentley Continental GT.
    Good reason

Others that aren't here simply didn't have the guts to show up. Ferrari, when invited, flatly turned us down. We asked the folks from Maranello to bring a Ferrari 360 Stradale, a Ferrari 575 Maranello or a 650-hp Enzo--or all of them. But Ferrari's press officer told us, "Ferrari will no longer participate in any comparison tests." O-kay. Wimps.
    Scared of the Ford GT

sht
    ruf shoulf have there. they are stock with ruf vin#'s

edit:

the turbo R or R turbo maybe a yellow bird. that would have been hot.
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

I'm surprised that no BMW made it on the list. I've always debated on either a MB or BMW when I become a flithy rich IT employee But it looks like I'll be driving a MB since they seem to have more balls from the stoplight.
    Considering that all good IT jobs are going to India and China, I believe that the only ones driving BMW's and MB will be them in the future. Americas top firms only do management consulting and leave the applications development to contracted firms abroad. If you find yourself actually doing IT work for an American firm then 9 out of 10 times they are government contractors and will pay you squat. Itís hard to make big money from government contracts. The average billable rate a firm charges the government for your duties will be 50 to 90 dollars an hour. Unless you are an IT manager or web architect the average starting IT job is about 40k down from 55k in 2000. You need to hook up with a consulting firm, they tend to pay better than an Integrator like EDS, IBM or SAIC. I was an IT guy, and had to change path and become a project manager. The hot sectors today are in information security (CISSP) or Configuration Management.

I Support ClubWRX
    The Ford GT can hit 60mph in 1st gear in just over 3 seconds!!!

Now THAT is BADASS!!!!!!!!
    2010 SSM STI

sht
    Originally posted by WilliamG
    The Ford GT can hit 60mph in 1st gear in just over 3 seconds!!!

Now THAT is BADASS!!!!!!!!
    if i had one i would just drive around town and never shift
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Originally posted by jeb
    Are they correct about the E55 having an open diff. It seems crazy to have 516 ft.-lb of torque in a 3990 lb car for a 80,000$ and not have some kind of limited slip.
    That's correct, the E55 has an open differential. However, it has some stuff like Traction Control, DSC (Dynamic Stability Control), and some other three-letter Mercedes-Benz gadgets that help it handle better. But yeah, I wonder why they just don't put an LSD. Maybe it's just part of their philosophy to stay away from LSDs, kind of like how their best cars with the baddest engines are all automatics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.