Celica gives me my first ricer fly-by

This is a discussion on Celica gives me my first ricer fly-by within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on my way home from work last night on the Mass. Pike (3 am.) when a late-model Celica ...

Celica gives me my first ricer fly-by

I was on my way home from work last night on the Mass. Pike (3 am.) when a late-model Celica pulled up behind me at the tolls. He had HIDs and a full body kit. I floored it, and he did the same. I had to go easy on my car, because I have a leaking gasket between my warped Borla header and PDE uppipe. It blew the last time I raced someone and had to be replaced (like the Borla will soon be). I still pulled on him pretty easily up to about 120, when I braked to bring things back to normal. He flew by me and put his hazards on for a couple seconds. I just don't understand why he would do that. Do the hazards signify victory, or just that a jackass is behind the wheel?
    N.E. F4
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the second!!

He was probably just trying to let you know he had a good time since you can't see a wave that late at night and and he can't flash the high beams at that point.

Just a guess.

But I have had much crappier cars do that to me when I was in cruise control at 75 mph. So who knows maybe he was a turd.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Anytime anyone has flashed their flashers at me it was to tell me they liked my car/the fun we just had.
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.

Originally posted by skyphix
    Anytime anyone has flashed their flashers at me it was to tell me they liked my car/the fun we just had.
    In Miami, we all know flashing your Hazards means victory.

So this guy assumed he probably beat because you missed 5th

Since he saw my brakes and I was obviously winning, it might be that he just wanted to show that he had a good time. If not, then he must believe that turning his hazards on is a secret weapon for victory.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

psst... here's a secret.. if you flash your hazards when you pass someone while racing....

it adds like 40 hp and makes the ricer fly by more exciting

Ford F-150 owned me w/ ricer fly-by it was soo sweet!

I liked the celica that was on the street when I was getting dinner the other night. I was just chilling. I shifted and he heard the turbo and bov. he whiped his head clear around. I gave him a quick rev. think it was a gt and not the gts. I guess he did not know what to make of my wagon.

Celica > WRX!

The Celi will nevAr lose!

I don't know why he even bothered... unless the WRX is stock and both cars are moving from a roll, the Celica doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell.
    Chris

1999 Integra LS

AIM: Aracheon

Originally posted by Aracheon
    Celica > WRX!

The Celi will nevAr lose!

I don't know why he even bothered... unless the WRX is stock and both cars are moving from a roll, the Celica doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell.
    I think you are the first celica owner i have seen that doesn't think their car is the fatest car on the road.

Do you have any mods yet?
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

Originally posted by Hipswnger2
    I think you are the first celica owner i have seen that doesn't think their car is the fatest car on the road.

Do you have any mods yet?

The only place I've seen where my car is faster than most is on an AutoX track with more corners than straightaways. I've raced a WRX once from a roll, before my engine rebuild and I got my ass handed to me. 2 cars from 60-80. Not much of a race, but the WRX driver was a jackass, and I didn't feel like going again.

Only current mods are a new engine , TRD clutch, AEM CAI, and 2 TRD badges.
    Chris

1999 Integra LS

AIM: Aracheon

down here when someone flashes there hazards it means they got owned but dont want admit it so pass you when the race is over so they can say they won to their pals