Racing in the burbs or chi-town
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Racing in the burbs or chi-town within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Me and my friend *Coffin Rocker* race around shaumburg, hinsdale, oakbrook, darien and are always looking for people to roll ...

Racing in the burbs or chi-town

Me and my friend *Coffin Rocker* race around shaumburg, hinsdale, oakbrook, darien and are always looking for people to roll out with. We roll out typically ever night. Tonight for example (monday nite) it was a scooby that beats vettes, a 2002 vette, turbo tricked out eclipse, rx-7 (modded too), my car, adam's wrx (coffinrocker), 96+ ss camaro w/ LS1 engine, S2000i, modded celica, mustang gt on slicks, and i think that's it.
    That's just a typical nite.
    So anytime anyone wants to roll with us (doty, burbs, stockyards, etc.) or wants us to roll with them. just drop me an e-mail (apath0s@hotmail.com)

Thanks,
    - Matt -
    1997 Toyota Supra TT 6-speed
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    http://www.10-94.net/misc/sig.jpg
    The 10/94 Forum

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sounds like fun.. too bad i live no where near chicago...

also, how does an 18 year old afford a bmw 540 ? just wondering..

-Mike
    Mike@roadfly.com

ps: sickest 540 i have ever seen is located at: http://www.jimmy540i.com/mycar.htm (its an auto and runs 1/4 Mile : 12.88 Sec. @ 113.57 mph)

My parents tried to by my love and i let them.
    But jimmy is an @ssho1e! lol. you should see some of the posts on batteboard.org. all he ever does it promote his car and spam threads. people rip on him all the time. He's an excelent example:
    http://www.battleboard.org/messagevi...&threadid=2786
    that made me loose alotta respect for the man. that and it's auto :P
    oh well, to each his own

- M a t t -
    Last edited by daiviouth; 07-30-2002 at 01:14 AM.
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    The 10/94 Forum

Hold UP!

you live in St. Louis?
    Im going to school down in missouri. At mizzou in columbia. Is there active street racing groups down there?
    Please get back to me asap.

- M a t t -
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    The 10/94 Forum

i actually live at the lake of the ozarks, mo.. so im about an hour away from columbia.. mizzou is a good school.. i may go there for their law school ... but pretty much everything is 'rice' down here... all looks and no show... also, i know jimmy is a troll but he has a nice car... is he trying to ***** those $125 'xenons' still?

-Mike
    Mike@roadfly.com

god damn i hate ricers.
    Look! my wing is so big it doubles as a picknick table!
    lol, we saw one of those infront of whitecastle (where we meet to race) tonight. a guy (in a white bandana and black clothes) got out and argued w/ this guy (white bandana white clothes) and we added the words, it went something like this.
    "what the fuk man? my spoiler is so much bigger than yours!"
    "hell no! i got the tripple deck moose antlers!"
    "so? mine is double deck light up stobe w/ brake light that inversely flashes to my bass cuz i don't have a cap"
    "oh? you wanna go there? i got clear tail lights and a chrome exhaust tip from pep boys!"
    "can't you see my car?! unpainted body kit, green in front, white in back, black side skirts, and my car is yellow. i told you i got the best car here!"
    it went on like that for awhile.
    So no muscle in the south? i heard hicks, low riders and ricers. But no Euros?
    I'm going to mizzou for Computer Science and Computer Engineering - should be fun. Cuz im not a dork / nerd, but im good w/ comps. so hopefully i can liven up their world a little.

- M a t t -

and yes jimmy is.
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    The 10/94 Forum

I'm keeping your schedule in mind.
    ----------------------------------------
    '02 Blue Sportwagon
    No mods - yet
    Starting with the rear sway bar and anti-lift kit...one day....I have faith

Originally posted by daiviouth
    Look! my wing is so big it doubles as a picknick table!
    hahahah. Very funny.

Yea Matt, I have to say that the picnic comment ruled. Stupid kids. That's when you fish out the tire-iron or an old army shovel (I think only Matt's gonna get that one) and you settle their dispute for them. They looked like they were going to start punching that girl! No women no children! Well...it depends how b.i.t.c.h.y. the girl is.....

I got tired of the whole street racing thing a few years ago. Too many punks with no respect, big mouths, and bad attitudes in general. More trash talking than racing. Cops coming around the parking lots and hassling people for tinted windows/no front plates... Gets old pretty quickly. But I'm 29, so maybe I'm just getting old.

Nowadays I'll hang out at the car shows at Elmhurst, Kirchoff, Roselle, or Photos instead when I'm in the mood. I don't care to head into the city much. Any prearranged racing I do is up at GLD (Union Grove, WI) or US41 (Morocco, IN) on their "street drags" nights or their test & tune nights. No risk of getting busted, and a safe track means something to me these days. But I still go for the occassional impromptu stoplight punch, or a quick blast from a roll on the expressway.

If I happen to come across your "rolling posse" some night this summer, I'll more than likely be willing to do a quick fun-run, however.

--------------
    2002 WRX 5spd, unichip, morettes, subzeros
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd

Now this is more like it! YES, finally a really nice kill story on cars that deserve the attention of the WRX. Nice post, hope to see you on here a lot more in the future! Oh, BTW, you should trade in your slow BMW for a WRX. Seriously, you won't miss a single thing other than 14s.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

i hate to burst ur bubble RSXsucks but stock vs stock; interior vs interior i'd have to say my car would win.

0-60 5.5
    1/4 13.9
    stock

282 hp around the 6
    325 lb torque around the 4

Don't worry, be happy

= M A T T =
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    The 10/94 Forum

how does your 540 hold up against the competition you are with.
    Sounds like they are fast company. The 540's are real nice. Drove my uncle's once and got to 100 in no time. I thought I was going 70

careful out there

Hey Matt, I'm up in North Chicago/Waukegan. I'm down with rollin' with ya'll if I can get away from studying (I'm a m1 at chicago med school/fuhs). Shoot me an email at JSLee241@cs.com Thanks.

-James-
    Last edited by AmSFighter; 08-06-2002 at 07:23 AM.
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

Hey Matt,

Sorry to burst YOUR bubble but I think you are in for a surprise.

First of all I LOVE THE 540. I had a modded mustang GT convertible that my buddies 98 540 would trash. When I got my WRX I was pretty sure I would take him on acceleration but was SURE he would destroy me high up. You can check my profile for the post I put up months ago, suffice to say I killed him at the lights and he could not pull on me at all on the highway. I was bone stock at the time as well. Once I put my boost controller on I easily walked him to around 200 K or so (around 120 MPH). We never ran faster than that.

His car was the 6 speed as well. Like I said, I LOVE the 540. Just telling it the way it happened here. He was so pisses, he actually went out and bought the new M3. He has WAYYYY more money than me and that thing is SICK SICK SICK. Now that my rex is modded to around 300 HP or so I am wondering if I can take him at the lights though.

Take care,

Brian
    Don't flame. Be nice

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.