Racing tragedy
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Racing tragedy within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Two teenagers both with Wrx's were racing in Thousand oaks, CA in a windy road. One knicked a tree and ...

Racing tragedy

Two teenagers both with Wrx's were racing in Thousand oaks, CA in a windy road. One knicked a tree and flipped over nine times and died instantly. There names were Josh Putolo and davey Holiday. Josh putolo is the one that died. Please be careful street racing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tragic indeed..... A car should never be asked to perform outside of its boundries.... to bad people need to learn the boudries of a car like this by the time its to late..

my prayers go out to their friends and family
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

or dont street race - always the best answer. Save it for the track. I know, i am finding myself floorign it sometimes in first to get thrown in my seat, and its a abd habbit.

How is the other boy who did not die? Hopefully doing good? And my condolences going out to both families, esecially the one who suffered a lost.

Re: Racing tragedy

Originally posted by TOSUBARU
    Please be careful street racing.
    street = not race track

therefore
    DON'T STREET RACE
    www.awdpirates.net

damn that sux

its ok to punch it often, just dont floor it when theres a crap load of traffic and dont get too crazy with it. even tho neither is safe, ill stick with punching it like once a day. my condolences to their family

drive within the abilities of your car and yourself. If not... take it to the track. Be safe guys.

thats why i wish i knew the limits ofmy car, so i never do anything too stupid. Also want to go to a driving school to learn how to drive fast/under control. So that way in any situation, i can keep my cool and hopefully not get hurt.

"Street racing is like kissing your sister, if you do it, your stupid.".
    =+- 02' Midnight Black Scooby Rex-+=

i agree go to the track safer, and you can payattention to the race not cops. RIP
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

I learned my lesson on the street and luckily no one was hurt, but caused about 10k in damage to my car. My advice don't race on the street, you never know when its going to go bad. Although people never really listen and have to find out for themselves. Unfortunetly sometimes it costs people their lives. So please save it for the track or auto-x or rally-x.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Originally posted by DUBA_Rob
    "Street racing is like kissing your sister, if you do it, your stupid.".
    what wrong with that? j/k i dont have a sister..............just trying to lighten things up, you can tell kids not to street race it wont affect them until its to late, im sorry to hear about this...it happens and sux, prayers go out to the family
    Fadi....
    • 04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    • 05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

there's a fine line between spirited driving and wreckless driving.
    we got our rexes for thrills from day to day, so driving it hard during safe conditions is understandable. but i dont think we should find the limits of our vehicles in situations where innocent motorist are operating on the same road. leave stupidity and racing off the streets.

i was a pretty stupid driver when i was a teen too. good thing my dad gave me a slow jeep, i mighta been dead by now. i'm a much different driver half a decade later.

unfortunately for those young kids, their ego got the best of the them. it's not the first time i hear of fatal crashes from the result of street racing. and i doubt it'll be the last time i hear of it. too young to die. RIP.
    Last edited by express_wagon; 07-13-2004 at 05:38 PM.
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

Originally posted by express_wagon
    we got our rexes for thrills from day to day, so driving it hard during safe conditions is understandable. but i dont think we should find the limits of our vehicles in situations where innocent motorist are operating on the same road. leave stupidity and racing off the streets.

i was a pretty stupid driver when i was a teen too. good thing my dad gave me a slow jeep, i mighta been dead by now. i'm a much different driver half a decade later.

unfortunately for those young kids, their ego got the best of the them. it's not the first time i hear of fatal crashes from the result of street racing. and i doubt it'll be the last time i hear of it. too young to die. RIP.
    its nothing about being a teen, im 17 i have a full vf30 with a fmic and i dont drive stupid, its not being a teen i see 30 yearold try to race my in there gt's but i dont race cause i already know im a pimp and dont have to prove anything..............
    basically: people are people they will be dumb, some eat it some dont......i choose never to eat it or feel what it feels like to lose my stanger, my wrx.
    Fadi....
    MODS

Originally posted by express_wagon

its nothing about being a teen, im 17 i have a full vf30 with a fmic and i dont drive stupid, its not being a teen i see 30 yearold try to race my in there gt's but i dont race cause i already know im a pimp and dont have to prove anything..............
    basically: people are people they will be dumb, some eat it some dont......i choose never to eat it or feel what it feels like to lose my stanger, my wrx. or my life
    Fadi....
    MODS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.