wrx vs tailgaters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs tailgaters within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I dont know if im the only person who has this problem but i hate tailgaters, i mean to me ...

wrx vs tailgaters

I dont know if im the only person who has this problem but i hate tailgaters, i mean to me it is one of the most anoying things another driver could do.
    for instance yesterday im on my way to work driving through westford(next town over from me) and i go through an intersection only to have some guy in a really old really ****ty accord wagon pull up to literally about 6-7 ft from my back bumper and start following me. now its not like im in city traffic where its normal for someone to follow closely, im on a long road with many houses on both sides that is heavily traveld cuase it leads to a ramp for 495. the speed limit on this road is 30 and im doing 35 which is plenty fast. so after giving him more than enough time to slow down and back off i do what i usually do when someone is tailgating me that close, i drop my speed to 10 under the speed limit, im not trying to cuase an accident so obvioulsy i dont just jack on my brakes, with him following that close he'd definitly hit me, but i slow down fast enough to get the point across. i usually do this untill the tailgater decides to back off and once they do i speed back up to 5-10 over the limit. well this person backed off after about 1 mile so i speed back up.
    now this is where they really pissed me off, i speed up to about 35-38 still in the 30 mph and now approaching the onramp/ offramp area for 495 and they are just as close and i mean 6-7 ft away going that fast is skecthy so i figured they didnt get the point before, so i come to a complete stop before the onramp and waved on every person in the other lane that was trying to cross over and get on the highway just to delay this ******* a little more needless to say he was honking his horn the entire time throwing his hands in the air etc...
    after that he got on the highway going in the other direction and i continued to work. of course, im sure he assumes he did nothing wrong and was quite pissed off that i was driving so slow. but maybe if he hadnt tailgated me he could have gotten where he wanted to go a little quicker......
    black 04 wagon, stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, tailgating really pisses me off. I'll go the speed limit or a bit over, but if they're really so close as to I can't see their headlights, I downshift, and keep doing so until they decide to pass me. Then I gun it. It's not the best thing to do, and I've pretty much all but stopped doing it, but some people should learn some goddamn manners.
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX, Java Black Pearl.
    Modifications

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    I HATE tailgaters, its just really annoying. Sometimes i flash my brakes ALOT, and get them scared

but if u really want to get them...

Always keep a helment, (racing kind) in ur car, if ts two lanes let him get right next to you and just stare him down...rev ur engine and speed away....they will think ur crazy

-My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

I just hit my oil slick ejector and that usually stops them....funny as hell to watch them slide off the road......
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

I have seen "other" people use their E-brakes when driving other, less scratchable, vehicles than the WRX. Using the E-brake means no brake lights and usually means they bump you. Of course they rear-ended you so what can they do about it.

we all hate tailgaters but some of you probably tailgate as well. I dont but I know alot of people who get so mad at tailgaters and then when I am passenger in their car they tailgate

lol, I love tailgaters.

I move over a lane and let them catch up, then stare at them, downshift and burn them, and merge back into the lane and start driving at normal speed again. It's called showing them who their daddy is
    '03 white rex

When they're bad enough, I just pick up a cell phone, let them by, dial *HP and give out the info on the tailgater and let the HP know I'm willing to make a statement. I usually reserve calling for when they will NOT back off no matter what, follow me around and generally also try to run me off the road. Of course, it's satisfying to see the trooper's lights on and the guy getting owned.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

I try not to gate. But here in Washington State.......home of the "I drive in the left hand lane and pass no one" I tend to get pissed. Sometimes i wish i had a abundance of cash and a piece of sh1t car. A couple nascar like bumps would get their attention.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Originally posted by renichms
    When they're bad enough, I just pick up a cell phone, let them by, dial *HP and give out the info on the tailgater and let the HP know I'm willing to make a statement. I usually reserve calling for when they will NOT back off no matter what, follow me around and generally also try to run me off the road. Of course, it's satisfying to see the trooper's lights on and the guy getting owned.

RN

Wow, Renichms, you can actually do that? Is the number the same throughout America? Cause police owning them would be a lot funner than burning rubber on them!
    '03 white rex

I Support ClubWRX
    I usually rest my left foot very very lightly on the brake pedal when someone is tailgating. The brake light goes on, they brake, but I keep going....
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I got this cool thingy installed at the dealer that flashed the 3rd brake light when you press the brakes. It's such a crackup to see people nosediving and swerving around me when I hit the brakes. I guess they think I'm pumping the brakes in a panic stop and they get all crazy.

As long as they aren't behind me, that's fine.

Originally posted by verc
    Wow, Renichms, you can actually do that? Is the number the same throughout America? Cause police owning them would be a lot funner than burning rubber on them!
    Yes, you can do that. The signs up say it's for reporting DUI and other highway emergencies. Personally, I consider someone knowingly tailgating and trying to run me off the road as much an emergency as a DUI.

I don't know if the number works in every state, but I imagine it would or would be similar.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

this only works at night !

I put the car in neutral, hit the rev limiter, and scare them with a little of flame....
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Hahah, spitting a flame definitly keeps them away.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast