wrx vs tailgaters - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs tailgaters within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wow, what timing this thread has. Well sorry to hijack but while driving home from work yesterday a punky local ...

wow, what timing this thread has. Well sorry to hijack but while driving home from work yesterday a punky local in an old cavalier wouldn't let me merge onto the highway and sped up to cut me off. Well there was a one car length opening and went in. Everything fine until the guy behind sped up and almost hit me at 65 mph. He was a foot off of my bumper cause I looked behind out of the window and could see the facial hairs on this guy. He threw his hands up and I guess tried calling me out. Told me to pull over or something with hand signals. Called my friend who i was suppose to meet any way to meet me at our usual hangout. Well the punk followed me to the area. But when I pulled up to my friend and he stepped out, the guy took one look and kept on driving. All hard when he was driving, now all pussied out when he sees someone bigger than him. These guys deserve to die. He would've hit me at 65 and I would've spun out on the highway and probably died. Tailgaters should be fined or something. You could call that road rage or something, right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Some jacka** was tailgating me when I was doing about 40 in a 35 near my college. I didn't speed up, just flashed my brake lights to let him know he was too close.

He then proceeded to do did what any smart person would do, and attempted to pass me on the right shoulder. He must not have realized that I am crazy, because as he went to make his move on the right, I quickly jerked the wheel to the right which scared the hell out of him and he swerved right off the side of the road.

Now, I would have chuckled if he had flipped over, but that would have been bad. Instead, he was frantically sliding all over the grass, and slowed to a near stop before crawling back onto the road.

I bet he won't be trying that again...
    Last edited by ryland; 07-12-2004 at 06:52 PM.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Hey blk04wgn, I'm in that area too! I always get tailgated, and I have an RS, it sucks because I can't speed up and lose them. Most of the time because I live near a crappy podunk town, I usually get trucks tailgating me thinking that I have a WRX. I've actually had someone scream at me, "Yo, that WRX ain't sh*t!".

Its funny all you guys are saying that you are pissed off by people doing that when probably you do it youeslf. I would. I am shure it happens somone is in the left lane going 60 in a 55 and you want to move and you are locked in i am shure alot of you will tailgate that car untill he moves to the right lane. Admit it.

But what realy pisses me off is when somone uses you for cover Like somtimes i wanna move like 90 mph and another guy gets on youre tail and uses u as a cover. That really pisses me off and the more you go to 100 he will go 100 with you and if you change lanes he will also change lanes with you.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

I never tailgate because I hate when others do it to me, I usually follow about 2-3 car lengths because I have a habit of not paying attention until the last second.

Originally posted by audirs6
    Its funny all you guys are saying that you are pissed off by people doing that when probably you do it youeslf. I would. I am shure it happens somone is in the left lane going 60 in a 55 and you want to move and you are locked in i am shure alot of you will tailgate that car untill he moves to the right lane. Admit it.

But what realy pisses me off is when somone uses you for cover Like somtimes i wanna move like 90 mph and another guy gets on youre tail and uses u as a cover. That really pisses me off and the more you go to 100 he will go 100 with you and if you change lanes he will also change lanes with you.
    Actually, no, I don't tailgate people at all. It's dangerous, stupid and illegal. I've come up close behind people without meaning to, such as when they cut in front of me, but never intentionally. I have a feeling a lot of the others complaining about being tailgated here are like me.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

i dont mean tailgate for fun. I am talking if a guy is hogging the left lane
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

I don't tailgate people even when hogging the left lane. When I say I don't do it, I simply don't do it.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

yeah man im with renichms on this one i really dont tailgate, when i was 16 and had my permit, before i was really even comfortable driving on the highway etc... my dad took me to the stevens advance driving traing safety class(forget the exact name but it was something like that) and one of the drills was designed to show us how unsafe tailgating is!

the whole class took place on a runway and in this drill we would have three cars and it would simulate a 3 lane highway. the 2 side cars would be "tailgating" the middle car by following it at a set distance which was a rope that was being pulled from the car in the middle. the distance appeared to everyone to be plenty of time to stop..... well the middle car would take off then we would follow like we were in the next lane over, we'd go as fast as we could and the whole time the instructor and the other passenger who was a student as well would be talking to me trying to distarct me. then when the instructor in the middle felt the need he would slam on his brakes and i would have to stop before passing him. this showed that in reality when i stoped 20 ft passed him i would have probably killed myself and him or his passengers.

maybe this is the reason i dont tailgate, and maybe its also the reason i get pissed when people tailgate me.
    black 04 wagon, stock

If people hog the left lane of the highway, where I do almost all my driving, I tailgate them. Not too aggregiously, but enough to let them know that they should move over. If they dont, I pass them on the right. What else am I supposed to do? Stay behind them and have them dictate that I drive 70 in a 65 zone? Then I end up being tailgated by the people behind me. I keep my headlights, fog lights, and PIAA P-1000s on all the time so people see me coming up behind them. This is on MA highways, where everybody does about 80mph in the left lane.

I work as a copyeditor at a newspaper. Sometimes when we don't have enough text to fill a page we put on a "house ad," which is a in-house ad that we can pull from an image library or make ourselves. They usually say" Please recycle" or something like that. I, however, make a textbox, put a .5 border around it, and, centered in the middle in Helvetica, type "Please don't linger in the passing lane."

That last sentence has a structure problem, but it's late and I don't care.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

Tailgating is not cool.

The only time I do it is if someone is actually going 5mph or more UNDER the speed limit. I mean if you want to drive slow... fine, but pull over and let people by. Some people just dont realize they are going 10mph under the speed limit with a line of 7 cars behind them.

I am a firm believer that going too SLOW is just as dangerous and going too FAST.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

Hey , i hate tailgaters just as much as the next guy, but ... for those who slow down to try and teach them a lesson be carefull. I usually do this too, but one time, i guess i really pissed off this redneck in a old ****ty-ass grand prix and kept slowing down.

I was going 55mph in a 45mph and he was riding my ass, like ON TOP of me, and this was in rush hour traffic (some how actually moving). So, i would tap the brakes a little and he would just start flicking me off. So i did the same, then slammed on the brakes and eh tried to pass me so i gun it so he cant get next to me or infront of me. Well, he finally got next to me and then starting swirving at me to try and hit me. IT was really bad, i had to go into on comming traffic (which isnt any better) to avoid him from hitting me.

Needless to say, he was a fvck about it, and i got his lic. plate and called the police. He was soon pulled over.

So guys, just be careful b/c there are alot of dumbasses out there and i dont want to see anyone get killed over something as stupid as tailgating.

sht
    i tailgate if you drive like a bit<h but not for over the speedlimit.
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

see the main thing is, Americans don't realize that the left lane is the FAST LANE. I mean in Britain, if you flash your headlights at a guy in the fast lane, he moves over to let you through. In America drivers just get pissed off b/c they don't know how to drive. Pisses me off too.
    '03 white rex

Originally posted by verc
    see the main thing is, Americans don't realize that the left lane is the FAST LANE. I mean in Britain, if you flash your headlights at a guy in the fast lane, he moves over to let you through. In America drivers just get pissed off b/c they don't know how to drive. Pisses me off too.
    If I were a highway patrol, I would sit there and give every goddam car in the left lane a ticket... unless they are in the middle of passing someone.

Left lane driving should be a still fine, the second offense should be loss of license, and third offense should be death.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.