Stupid kids with M3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stupid kids with M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As I was coming back home from dinner, I am minding my own business and I got slowed down because ...

Stupid kids with M3

As I was coming back home from dinner, I am minding my own business and I got slowed down because of backup at a light. Then I see this bimmer flying by and slowing down fast past me in the other lane. I looked at it and it was debadged but looked like previous version of M3. As I was driving by I see three kids. I had to take a right to get on to highway and as they passed by, the kid in passenger seat shouted "This is is M3!" oookkaayyy... so what?
    Granted, I just had the Unichip back in the car and in the process of breaking the new turbo in so I turned down the boost to 13 psi. I was trying to drive as slow as possible. But I couldn't pass up the opportuny to see how my car would run with a new turbo and injectors so I switched my lane and started to follow them. When I got next them, the passenger kid shouted again making sure I heard him. Yeah, I know it's an M3. And then he goes "you wanna go on to the highway?" I said sure. It was on my way home anyway.
    Traffic wasn't bad but it wasn't really open either so we only had one chance to go at it before I got off on my exit.
    We got on and the traffic opened up a little. I was following and I could see him punching it so I did the same in 3rd. We were about 3 car lengh apart.
    Now, this is my first time running on a highway with the new turbo, and it's been only hours since I installed the Unichip with only 13 psi and reset the ECU.
    To my surpise, I was reeling him in slowly but surely. At the end of 3rd, I was about a car behind and a few seconds later in 4th, I passed it. I had to let off because of traffic but these kids were tailgating me so close, I couldn't apply brakes so I had to use engine brake to slow down.
    So much for breaking my turbo in
    Anyway, I am really anxious to what it can do with 17psi and the Unichip with days of driving.

Doug

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill! i'll bet you made them feel pretty stupid

"this is an M3!!" haha that would be funny if we drove around yelling "this is a WRX!" to random people....

j/k
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

Previouse Gen M3's

I dont know why people think M3's are fast, they arent. The only M3 thats fast is the new M3's, not the 96 body styles. I've raced too many 96 body style M3's to know. There not worth playing with unless modified.

Doug,

What turbo did you put in? Are you still running the m2 exhaust?

Afterwards you should have yelled, "this is a WRX!", at those punks.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Originally posted by Flyboy
    LOL, that would've been funny!

Nice kill, Doug. kids...
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Originally posted by Flyboy
    They probably had no idea what I was driving. Just some guy with an exhaust who thought he could beat the almighty M3!

filobot, I had VF34 installed 2 weeks ago and just received the reprogrammed Unichip yesterday. I've ben hacing problems because the stock ECU couldn't adjust for bigger injectors but now it's all good.
    And yes, I am still running M2. I like M2.

"This is an M2!" thats wat I should've yelled after I passed them.

Doug

If you can beat an M3 on that little boost, imagine what'll be like when you start boosting for real!!!!

-Jim

If it was debadged, my guess is that it wasn't an M3, although you would have pulled much harder on any 3 series. Oh well, nice kill.

Re: Previouse Gen M3's

Originally posted by GREDDY
    I dont know why people think M3's are fast, they arent. The only M3 thats fast is the new M3's, not the 96 body styles. I've raced too many 96 body style M3's to know. There not worth playing with unless modified.
    No offense, but that's total BS...a E36 M3 is fast...it will take down a stock WRX so you have to modify your car to take it down. Of course, it should take you down as its roughly $25k more than a stock WRX, but still...sorry, it just sounds really silly to say that a E36 isn't fast when its running 240hp and 236lbs. of torque. That's a fast car no matter what you say.

And really, this guy doesn't even know if he raced an actual E36 M3. Why would a guy debadge it only to start announcing he's got an M3? That makes no sense whatsoever...he would have just kept it on his car so everyone would know. And its very easy to get a regular 3 series to look like an M3.

I'm not saying he didn't beat the car, hey, I'm not even saying he couldn't have beaten an E36 M3 with all his mods...I'm just saying that the statment that an E36 M3 is slow is just flat our wrong - then your car stock is slow and that's wrong.

Re: Re: Previouse Gen M3's

Originally posted by smokey

No offense, but that's total BS...a E36 M3 is fast...it will take down a stock WRX so you have to modify your car to take it down. Of course, it should take you down as its roughly $25k more than a stock WRX, but still...sorry, it just sounds really silly to say that a E36 isn't fast when its running 240hp and 236lbs. of torque. That's a fast car no matter what you say.

And really, this guy doesn't even know if he raced an actual E36 M3. Why would a guy debadge it only to start announcing he's got an M3? That makes no sense whatsoever...he would have just kept it on his car so everyone would know. And its very easy to get a regular 3 series to look like an M3.

I'm not saying he didn't beat the car, hey, I'm not even saying he couldn't have beaten an E36 M3 with all his mods...I'm just saying that the statment that an E36 M3 is slow is just flat our wrong - then your car stock is slow and that's wrong.
    I have no doubt that M3s are fast. But how fast is it? Fast is a very relative term.
    I was just comparing my car with an M3 I happened to run into. It sounded like it even had some minor work done but I am not sure about that.
    Anyway, below is my mods. You can probably get a rough idea on how much HP I am running and then decide whether this is BS or not:

Stage 0 (with Perrin uppipe not Shiv's, Unichip, Crank Pulley, Colder Plugs)
    M2 3" turboback
    VF34
    STI injectors
    Supra fuel pump
    Samco IC Hoses
    MBC
    AEM CAI (don't ask me why. It sounds cool )
    Grounding mods

I believe this setup is a tad bit more than 240HP and I believe an M3 weighs about 400lbs more?

Doug

Re: Re: Re: Previouse Gen M3's

Originally posted by Dougeefresh

I have no doubt that M3s are fast. But how fast is it? Fast is a very relative term.
    I was just comparing my car with an M3 I happened to run into. It sounded like it even had some minor work done but I am not sure about that.
    Anyway, below is my mods. You can probably get a rough idea on how much HP I am running and then decide whether this is BS or not:

Stage 0 (with Perrin uppipe not Shiv's, Unichip, Crank Pulley, Colder Plugs)
    M2 3" turboback
    VF34
    STI injectors
    Supra fuel pump
    Samco IC Hoses
    MBC
    AEM CAI (don't ask me why. It sounds cool )
    Grounding mods

I believe this setup is a tad bit more than 240HP and I believe an M3 weighs about 400lbs more?

Doug
    Re-read my post. I never said your victory was BS. I said calling the E36 M3 "slow" was BS... What I said was "saying the E36 M3 is slow is flat out wrong - then your car stock is slow and that's wrong too."

Look at what I quoted, look at my entire response, etc... where did I ever say that your victory was BS? Please, tell me...

Thanks for showing me your mods though...looks like you have a bad-ass car.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Previouse Gen M3's

Re-read my post. I never said your victory was BS. I said calling the E36 M3 "slow" was BS... What I said was "saying the E36 M3 is slow is flat out wrong - then your car stock is slow and that's wrong too."

Look at what I quoted, look at my entire response, etc... where did I ever say that your victory was BS? Please, tell me...

Thanks for showing me your mods though...looks like you have a bad-ass car.
    Oh, I thought you were calling BS on my post. Sorry about that.
    By the way, I know I did say...

I have no doubt that M3s are fast.
    So there.

Doug

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Previouse Gen M3's

Originally posted by Dougeefresh

Oh, I thought you were calling BS on my post. Sorry about that.
    By the way, I know I did say...

So there.

Doug
    Hell no was I calling BS on your post! stock WRX vs. stock E36 M3 = driver's race IMO, so if you're modded then I give you the edge. Glad that's straightened out.

I just simply think people are so sensitive to other car brands because of some certain posters (wonder who that is?? ) that come over here and start causing trouble...thus, an entire group gets labled as "ricers," "*******s" etc... I own a RSX-S - love the car, think its great, etc... But I CANNOT outrun a WRX unless you stalled, botched your launch (you could probably still catch me) etc... I am a very good driver too, but its like me racing against Michael Johnson..just ain't gonna happen.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there since the only other Honda owner on this board isn't exactly "killing them with kindness" and its silly...please don't hate on everyone/every Honda because of one person! We're not all like that (we are realistic!)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Previouse Gen M3's

Hell no was I calling BS on your post! stock WRX vs. stock E36 M3 = driver's race IMO, so if you're modded then I give you the edge. Glad that's straightened out.

I just simply think people are so sensitive to other car brands because of some certain posters (wonder who that is?? ) that come over here and start causing trouble...thus, an entire group gets labled as "ricers," "*******s" etc... I own a RSX-S - love the car, think its great, etc... But I CANNOT outrun a WRX unless you stalled, botched your launch (you could probably still catch me) etc... I am a very good driver too, but its like me racing against Michael Johnson..just ain't gonna happen.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there since the only other Honda owner on this board isn't exactly "killing them with kindness" and its silly...please don't hate on everyone/every Honda because of one person! We're not all like that (we are realistic!)
    Thank you. That is the biggest reason I dislike other cars... attitude of the drivers. Mustang 5.0 drivers are a prime example. Cocky high school kids with no respect. Thanks for being factual about the RSX-S. I figured as much, have never raced one (would probably lose to one anyways! ), but at least you don't have to get on your high horse about your car. The WRX has some problems, the RSX has some problems. Both are cars, both are powered by physics. Last time I checked, my car was not an extension of my... lesser self

Good post smokey
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast