1st Day WRX & Honda Del Sol gets fresh with me...
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 1st Day WRX & Honda Del Sol gets fresh with me... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First day that I'm driving my WRX (breaking it in) on a Friday night around town, this teenager in a ...

1st Day WRX & Honda Del Sol gets fresh with me...

First day that I'm driving my WRX (breaking it in) on a Friday night around town, this teenager in a Del Sol revs up beside me. Then he goes in back of me (to see what i was driving), then in front, then he looks at me and starts whistling his BOV on his Del Sol. This guy had stickers all over the car from every 3rd party performance part company. I said, "You have a lot of sponsers there..." He said, "yeah.. lets go!" , I said, "you don't want to race man..." "he said.. yeah" i said, "I don't want to go to jail".. what was funny is that we were just passing the Sheriff Station for our county Anyway.. I told him, "hey, go take your PUDDLE JUMPER and chase some Civics!" I was breaking the car in anyway. Can a WRX (if you're a 14.2 ~ 14.3 driver) take on a Del Sol with a turbo and all the basic mods ? I know a stock Del Sol does 16.8 ~ 17.0 in the 1/4.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: 1st Day WRX & Honda Del Sol gets fresh with me...

Originally posted by NightShifter
    Can a WRX (if you're a 14.2 ~ 14.3 driver) take on a Del Sol with a turbo and all the basic mods ? I know a stock Del Sol does 16.8 ~ 17.0 in the 1/4.
    If done right then you might of been toast. Just break in the car.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Re: Re: 1st Day WRX & Honda Del Sol gets fresh with me...

Originally posted by skyjock41
    If done right then you might of been toast. Just break in the car.
    My 2nd WRX, so i can drive =) But, I can't when breaking in agreed...

Anyway, found some facts on some VTEC Del Sols..

and I doubt this kid had 12000.00 under the hood like this guy..

Engine: (4 so far, 2 to go) D16Z6's custom built for drag only. Supercharged with the "Air Kondishoner version 3.0" at 30+ psi. The first del Sol to run Nitromethane as a fuel source, at a mixture (starting point) of 30%, and the Nitro keeps going up untill she splits the block or sets every FWD world record there is to set. Commonly know as it's household name, "The D Block from Hell". And... A stock D16Z6 in Samba.

Anyway, that is with a supercharger, good driver and he ran 14.136 @ 95mph... his 60' foot times are 2.233 .. I know mine with my past wrx bested @ 1.8 ~ 1.9s. So I could get him light to light no ? Get a Cobb Stage 1 & Uppipe Downpipe and I could get him in the 1/4 no sweat

It's a Del Sol. You shoulda raced him during break-in, shifting < 4k just to see what would've happened
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

Originally posted by TheBoostCreep
    It's a Del Sol. You shoulda raced him during break-in, shifting < 4k just to see what would've happened
    True, that would had gave me a better idea But I know no teeny is running a Nitromethane Del Sol in a backwoods town where the average salary is McDonalds Wages... and surprised that even McDonalds came here... guess they needed a tax writeoff!
    Last edited by NightShifter; 07-12-2004 at 09:28 AM.

that's a boosted d16..you have to watch for the boosted b16 or b18 motors. Those can be monsters if tuned right.

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Re: Re: 1st Day WRX & Honda Del Sol gets fresh with me...

Originally posted by NightShifter
    My 2nd WRX, so i can drive =)
    Hmmm...dare I comment on how ironic that can sound...

Re: Re: Re: Re: 1st Day WRX & Honda Del Sol gets fresh with me...

Originally posted by schischwein
    yes, deliberate contrast on my driving no.. I've been driving sticks for a while. Funnest was a 1987 GT Mustang 5.0. Got all the bugs out with the WRX on my 02. I admit, my first times were not that great. But I worked on the launch... dropping the clutch while reving it between 5 & 6 grand with a very slight slip... getting wheel spin.. and the feeling of slingshot. That really made the difference and I finally hit low 14's like the car is very capable of.

What i hate is everyone at the track thinking... OH.. WRX.. 15.4 .. slow car.. i thought they were fast... then they see a 14.2 time...
    "oh.. A MODDED WRX".. once you get this car down.. it's so fun

depends. my brothers single cam turbo can hang with SRT-4's. its a single cam boosted. now, the b series motors are monsters when built right. alot of people are going single cam turbo so im not too sure.

Originally posted by 02WrXsTi
    depends. my brothers single cam turbo can hang with SRT-4's. its a single cam boosted. now, the b series motors are monsters when built right. alot of people are going single cam turbo so im not too sure.
    To hang with somebody is one thing... to beat in the 1/4 mile
    is another There's a lot of cars i can "hang" with.. but to get them in the 1/4 from the lights ? eh another story hehe

http://www.turbo-kits.com/del_sol_turbo_kits.html

del sol turbo kits..remember these are kits..do it yourself is much cheaper usually...dont be too cocky with any car..these days you never know ..anything can be modded...just the other day at the track i saw a yellow hatch with a lot of stickers that you would probably laugh at break 13.0 @ 4000 above sealevel..all motor..stealthy...also know a kid who's doing a h22 swap into a del sol

problem with my brothers car is he has no grip from first to third. he grips at the end of 3rd. hes gonna go to the track again soon with better tires.. he might get slicks.

edit: he went to the track once but he got bad times b/c he had no grip. but he trapped at like 100mph

Originally posted by 02WrXsTi
    problem with my brothers car is he has no grip from first to third. he grips at the end of 3rd. hes gonna go to the track again soon with better tires.. he might get slicks.

edit: he went to the track once but he got bad times b/c he had no grip. but he trapped at like 100mph
    yup exactly...that's my expirience with most these guys..when they do it right and put power down 2 the wheels..they just spin usually..i saw a guy break 15.4 at like 100 mph once at a track(gsr motor in a hatch)

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    yup exactly...that's my expirience with most these guys..when they do it right and put power down 2 the wheels..they just spin usually..i saw a guy break 15.4 at like 100 mph once at a track(gsr motor in a hatch)
    Well, then if that's the case (for a higher percentage of del sol owners) I'll take the odds and get him off the light doing a 0 - 60 After the break-in period of course

The best time I saw on a Del Sol Site for Del Sol running a 1.8L VTEC naturally aspirated was 13.8 secs ... But he dumped money into it, had the traction problem solved. Then the D motor with a supercharger was running a bit slower.. former post I did.

Re: Re: Re: Re: 1st Day WRX & Honda Del Sol gets fresh with me...

Originally posted by schischwein
    Chris

1999 Integra LS

AIM: Aracheon

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast