1st Day WRX & Honda Del Sol gets fresh with me... - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 1st Day WRX & Honda Del Sol gets fresh with me... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; there is people putting down amazing #'s n/a. like my brothers friend with a GSR motor with bolt on's and ...

there is people putting down amazing #'s n/a. like my brothers friend with a GSR motor with bolt on's and JUN3 cams. hes putting down 194whp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by 02WrXsTi
    there is people putting down amazing #'s n/a. like my brothers friend with a GSR motor with bolt on's and JUN3 cams. hes putting down 194whp.
    Yeah, them Jamaicans sure know how market great parts

Just joking... JDM kicks ass

an old friend of mine just did a h22 turbo swap in a del sol with rear drive conversion. How.. I do not know?? Drives it to the tracks and blips off 11 second runs. Looks pretty funny with a Del sol doing rear wheel burnouts Don't ask me any questions about this weird beast but all I know is that it is pretty fast.

^^ he used the crv tranny and the AWD setup the crv has and disconnected the front axle. seen it done before. pretty dope.

^^ he used the crv tranny and the AWD setup the crv has and disconnected the front axle. seen it done before. pretty dope.
    Why not keep it AWD ? I mean it would seem since it's such
    a light car, that would give the car mucho better 60' foot times..
    no?

who knows. he prolly drifts in it?? theres an integra that has that setup and he has it RWD to drift in it.

shoulda had a little fun with him, you gotta vary the engine speed anyways. probably coulda won without even breaking into turbo range.
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

It should be referred to as a Del Slow cause thats all those things are unless you do a motor swap, and i doubt some dumba$$ with stickers all over the car has the brains to do it, and a quick question did it have yellow all over it cause that adds like 50hp in the honda world...two wheel front drive cars suck....AWD Power all the way

d00d. did u not read what i posted? u can go single cam turbo. meaning stock motor but turbo... and thats really fast. so shut up. damn n00bs.

Either way you look at it...its still a POS honda and will always drive like a POS honda, my buddy had a 450hp SI and it still felt like a POS honda, the body of the car can't take the power.

Originally posted by express_wagon
    shoulda had a little fun with him, you gotta vary the engine speed anyways. probably coulda won without even breaking into turbo range.
    Yeah, he had NOS stickers all over it And his girlfriend was
    with him.

Wonder if it would had hurt the engine if i went to 6000 rpm ?

Car has 400 miles on it so far ....

Originally posted by rmackay82
    Either way you look at it...its still a POS honda and will always drive like a POS honda, my buddy had a 450hp SI and it still felt like a POS honda, the body of the car can't take the power.

IT'S A PUDDLE JUMPER!

who knows. he prolly drifts in it?? theres an integra that has that setup and he has it RWD to drift in it.
    Man .. I do know Drifting in.. from my 01 Cobra

From my experience with what was called a modded delsol in my stock 04 wrx it was not even close. I choose to break my car in for the first 2,000 but everynow and then I'd have some fun. I'd take it to 6k just to feel the power, but its your car and your call
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

I Support ClubWRX
    Having built numerous engines, and having supported others in their builds, I can attest that for break in, it's really not a matter of what RPM you stay below, but the amount of sudden force, or sudden reduction in force that you apply to the engine. Once the rings are seated (which should happen almost immediately), the rest is basically allowing metal-to-metal contact surfaces to find their groove. Smooth applications of power actually enhance this effect with no detriment to the longevity of the engine. Its the sudden starts and stops (ie...power launches, etc) that cause inordinate torque on these surfaces, which could change the path of the metal to metal break in, and thus, reduce the life of your engine. Granted, these are very incremental changes, but accumulative over the life of your engine.

Basically, you can take it to 6K no problem as long as you apply the power smoothly, and do not lift off the accelerator very suddently...just let up on the throttle slowly, or even better, upshift and then let off.

Sometime, it's all in the luck of the draw. I've seen engines that were run like raped apes with minimal break in, with no apparent damage. Long term though, I don't know as I wasn't around to see that.

All that being said, you should be able to smoke a del sol even at limiting yourself to 6K and a modest take off. With mods though, as others have already stated, anything is possible. The whole point is to be cool about it, winning or loosing, and giving props where they are due.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast