Forester XT vs Acura TL
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Forester XT vs Acura TL within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First let me start by saying that I got my Forester 3 days ago. I traded my Blue 03 WRX ...

Forester XT vs Acura TL

First let me start by saying that I got my Forester 3 days ago. I traded my Blue 03 WRX for it.
    I have a black Forester XT, 5 speed Manual Transmission.

I was first behind the TL and he took off screeching his tires and all. I did not want to race since I only have 100 miles on her, but 1 wont hurt
    I caught up and was able to catch the next light next to the TL. I had 2 other passengers (brothers) and they had 2 total. I knew it was on when the TL started to creep up while the other traffic lights turned yellow.
    When the green light finally came I launched at 3k and by the end of 3rd I had at least 2 Bus lengths on him.

(Please note that the TL screeched his tires and I believe that when he saw how far ahead I was, he gave up)

I just wanted a chance to see the look on their faces when they saw that an SUV killed them. I must start taking my camcorder with me to record these. I almost had to stop afterwards because my brothers and I couldnt stop laughing.

I really like my new ride.
    Bleeding true blue.

"That gasp you just heard was National League hitters after hearing that Mark Prior has added a couple extra MPH to his fastball this winter."

-Will Carroll-

03 Blue rex - Sold
    04 Black Forester XT - Nice

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Forester XT vs Acura TL

Originally posted by 03 blue rex
    First let me start by saying that I got my Forester 3 days ago. I traded my Blue 03 WRX for it.
    I have a black Forester XT, 5 speed Manual Transmission.

I was first behind the TL and he took off screeching his tires and all. I did not want to race since I only have 100 miles on her, but 1 wont hurt
    I caught up and was able to catch the next light next to the TL. I had 2 other passengers (brothers) and they had 2 total. I knew it was on when the TL started to creep up while the other traffic lights turned yellow.
    When the green light finally came I launched at 3k and by the end of 3rd I had at least 2 Bus lengths on him.

(Please note that the TL screeched his tires and I believe that when he saw how far ahead I was, he gave up)

I just wanted a chance to see the look on their faces when they saw that an SUV killed them. I must start taking my camcorder with me to record these. I almost had to stop afterwards because my brothers and I couldnt stop laughing.

I really like my new ride.
    How would you compare the power between the wrx and the foresterf?
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

More important - why would you race in a car with only 100 miles?

Jimbo
    2003 PSM Wagon - VF34; STi 565cc Injectors; ScoobySport turboback with Prodrive muffler; STi catless uppipe; Cobb AccessPort; Samco IC hoses; 17" Steel Gray Rota Attacks with Sumitomo HTR ZIIs; Prodrive springs, sedan rear sway

Originally posted by Jimbo
    More important - why would you race in a car with only 100 miles?

Jimbo

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Some times you just can't help yourself. Showin' off for teh brothers probably had something to do with it.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Originally posted by josnroh
    Some times you just can't help yourself. Showin' off for teh brothers probably had something to do with it.

Thats exactly why. I so had to.
    Bleeding true blue.

"That gasp you just heard was National League hitters after hearing that Mark Prior has added a couple extra MPH to his fastball this winter."

-Will Carroll-

03 Blue rex - Sold

Re: Re: Forester XT vs Acura TL

Originally posted by audirs6
    How would you compare the power between the wrx and the foresterf?

Forester gives you the boost alot earlier and there is virtually no lag. One thing I noticed is that the Forester feels way too slow when the air conditioning is on. The WRX felt better with the air on.
    Bleeding true blue.

-Will Carroll-

03 Blue rex - Sold

it probably has a stronger air then the wrx. Its more a wrx with some luxury car. You have a manual probably and you didnt get the lether package and all that.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

Re: Re: Re: Forester XT vs Acura TL

Originally posted by 03 blue rex
    Forester gives you the boost alot earlier and there is virtually no lag. One thing I noticed is that the Forester feels way too slow when the air conditioning is on. The WRX felt better with the air on.
    Once she's broken in, maybe that will change....

Nice kill btw
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

congrats on the new car, and the first kill
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Good kill. Congrats. Now be sure to baby the car and go synthetic !!
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

Originally posted by audirs6
    it probably has a stronger air then the wrx. Its more a wrx with some luxury car. You have a manual probably and you didnt get the lether package and all that.
    Its Manual and leather will be in on Wednesday Along with the Turbo Gauge.
    Bleeding true blue.

-Will Carroll-

03 Blue rex - Sold

Havent raced her since and I dont get any ricers trying to challenge me all the time.
    Bleeding true blue.

-Will Carroll-

03 Blue rex - Sold

I rode in a Forester XT tonight to compare it to my Legacy GT. The XT has a good amount of torque too, and I think a race between an XT and a WRX would be a good one to watch.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

i was actually on the balance b/w the xt and wrx. but since the wrx had better handling, better gas mileage, and looked a little better. i went that direction. also a couple grand cheaper didnt hurt.

XT is incredible. sleeper to the tenth power. nice interior too.
    but the front end is a little too boring. nice kill though.
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.