You guys see this video yet? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on You guys see this video yet? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; very nice vid....

very nice vid.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Went snooping through all the folders on that server and found some more vids of the WRX, one of the videos lists his "name" as Big Turkey, isn't that someone from Nabisco? Hmm...would love to know his mod list, what confuses me is shouldn't an FP green wrx be something arounf 360 whp? Such little mods (besides the cams) on an Evo out weighs a Stage 4+ wrx?
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Yeah, so theres a guy from Texas, named Wally/Big Turkey making 399hp (don't know if thats to the wheels but most likely is) so this is what it takes to hang with a cammed/bpu EVO and a bolt on Camaro SS? Seems a little weird to me
    SIRacing.Net

heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

He always was having trouble with his setup, and didn't want to bust his tranny from what I remember reading on NASIOC.
    2002 WRX Sedan, Blue.
    Catless, Cobb Stage 2, and so on.

when I had a truck this guys was my idol, he drove a 4X4 that ran in the low 10s and he drove it EVERYDAY! Now he drives this, it's in his sig, http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...ghlight=parish you can see his time in his sig too. I think that is bad ass for a daily driver, with a TURBO!
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

Originally posted by SERacing
    Went snooping through all the folders on that server and found some more vids of the WRX, one of the videos lists his "name" as Big Turkey, isn't that someone from Nabisco? Hmm...would love to know his mod list, what confuses me is shouldn't an FP green wrx be something arounf 360 whp? Such little mods (besides the cams) on an Evo out weighs a Stage 4+ wrx?
    Damn, I didn't know I was so popular

Yes, my car put down 399whp on Turbochargers.com's dyno, but the next day, giving someone a test ride, 2nd gear was shredded from a 40mph roll. It broke at approximately 62mph. I had a dogbox but something happened to my first gear and I am still waiting, to this day, for the dogbox. I'm still on stock tranny.. that's why you hardly see me going from a roll.

The car that night had a full tank of gas and my friend that weights 285lbs as a passenger. 93 pump fuel, 19psi of boost, low timing and rich AFRs. And the day after I found a leaking uppipe. I got a call last minute from a couple of friends. The car should be putting down 330whp-ish.

FP Greens usually put down around 360whp on pump fuel when pushed.. usually running 22-23psi of boost. Just for reference, when I had my car on the dyno, at 20.5psi it made 360whp. At 23.4psi.. it pounded down 391whp. Insane.

The EVO has HKS cams, exhaust and a dynoflash. We are pretty even in the beginning because he always wants to go from a 30mph punch.. which is 6100RPMs in 1st, 3500RPMs in 2nd. Either way he stays in 2nd and rides his torque band.. so when I make the slow shift to 2nd, he pulls about a car and a half on me and I catch up by 3rd, and as soon as I hit 4th he starts falling back fast.

But EVO's are no joke. Since he was tuned, he gets full boost around 2800RPMs. MASSIVE torque. I've driven the car before and you can hit it at 2000 and the car moves. It put down 327whp.

The Camaro.. for some reason is just fast for what it has. I believe he went a 12.45 @ 113mph. That's quick for bolt ons and gears. I've taken so many bolt on LS1's and that Z28 is the ONLY one that's given me a run for the money.

The 3000GT has a built motor, head and trans. Two 18t turbos. They are all my friends and fast cars.

I'm going to take the car to the dyno at the end of this month so I'll let you guys know how much power I put down at the beginning and after the tune.
    If anything's worth doing.. it's worth doing right.

Originally posted by Big Turkey
    Damn, I didn't know I was so popular
    A 399 whp WRX tends to stick out in memory

Get some vids up when your car is running at its optimum, I need inspiration to mod up my car and walk on my friends LS1 from a roll
    SIRacing.Net

heh, fairlady

Hey Wally did you get those pics?
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Originally posted by ero2
    when I had a truck this guys was my idol, he drove a 4X4 that ran in the low 10s and he drove it EVERYDAY! Now he drives this, it's in his sig, http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...ghlight=parish you can see his time in his sig too. I think that is bad ass for a daily driver, with a TURBO!
    Funny how things get twisted. He has run a best of a 10.91 and has not run low 10s. In fact he has only run 1 10 second 1/4 mile every. With the built 409 he has coming probably see some low 10s and probably 9s though.

edited

edited

Originally posted by Neversatisfied
    Hey Wally did you get those pics?
    Yeah I did, thanks man. I've been trying to get on NASIOC and it's not letting me in.. I think the server is been overloaded.

I'm trying to figure out a way to mark the place where the pipe is going to connect the uppipe. Since I have a TXS DP it's very hard to do that because there's no room in there.

Did you weld the pipe yourself? I have access to a welder and a friend that does it professionally, I just have to tell him where to put it. And he refuses to work on my car cause he says he doesn't like the design of it.. he's a Honda tuner/builder, LOL.

Anyway, last time I did it I just welded the flange like an inch away from the uppipe, between the uppipe and downpipe. But it's a very small space and I have a rough time getting to that last downpipe nut on the stud. So I want to relocate it. Any pointers?
    If anything's worth doing.. it's worth doing right.

Last October when I was thinking about doing this T67 set up I already had the wastegate and turbo, and a HKS uppipe and downpipe. For the most part I met with a guy that does alot of custom fab work and we planned out all the piping from A-Z. I dropped the car off on a Monday and he had it back to me on Wednesday the way I had described to him. What he did was just cut the flanges off my uppipe and downpipe and welded on the piping and bent it as needed.

We left the intake pipe in the stock location because I had planned on getting a stock hood and he was going to make me a functional ram air that goes to the turbo, but I have not found a reasonable priced hood yet.

If you want to move the wastegate and don't have a problem with doing the welding and whatnot yourself I would say do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12