my02 wrx vs evo

This is a discussion on my02 wrx vs evo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; was driving on the 22 with an evo, and as we merged onto the 5, he guns it, and so ...

my02 wrx vs evo

was driving on the 22 with an evo, and as we merged onto the 5, he guns it, and so do i. I'm not sure if they are 5 or 6MT, but i was in 4th (at the end he claims he was in 5th) and pulled on him from 80-120ish. after that we cooled it and i let off and just follow him. after we exited, i asked him what gear he was in and he said "5th, and i was just crusing." suuuuuure...after i heard him downshift. so he proceeds to catch me off gaurd and takes off (guess he was trying to showoff to his gf), well i was in 1st and saw his front mount

Hard to believe? sure...but i do have vf30 with supporting mods..anyone care to comment?

btw, i was with my lil brother, and he had his gf. all i know is he had an exhaust, lowered, and tinted windows (from what i could see)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

evo's are 5MT

har har...he lied..i distinctly heard him downshift. having said that...evos are beautiful..wish i had a fmic

Very possible, I ran a intake/boost controller evo from a dig and it came down to the launch, he left a split second before me and thats the way it stayed. The weird part is in some gears I would gain on him and in some gears he would gain on me but we ended up the same way we started....I was Stage 3 untuned at the time, I imagine with an upgraded turbo you can def hang from a roll.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

but about a months ago a blue evo with an HKS hiper style exhaust, with rims walked on me till 120...guess you gotta know what mods they have

I was stock... and ran a modded evo. (vivid racing... duno what he had, but it was fast as fck)

I killed him

haha really tho, i think that was the worst beating ive had in my wrx.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

why'd u sell ur M3???

yah those evos will give stock wrx's a good spankin