g35, yuck.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on g35, yuck. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yesterday i was at omega restaurant in des plaines when a g35 rolls up in the parking lot. exteriorly, the ...

g35, yuck.

Yesterday i was at omega restaurant in des plaines when a g35 rolls up in the parking lot. exteriorly, the car is beautiful. i talked to the owner, and i asked him to run. he denied. he told me that he would beat me, or be pretty close. He told me he has never heard of the r32. anyhow, i got to sit in it. well, from exterior looks, i was expecting it to be beautiful inside too. damn, was i wrong. interior looked very cheap for a luxury sports car. i personally think my interior looks better in my r. i think the leather sucked in the car and my seats are at least 10 times better. i was very dissappointed. especially with this guy who thought he had 330hp in his coupe with just intake and headers. i really wanted to race him, but i guess ill race one sooner or later.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Depending on the driver. If he has exhaust and intake like he said, and he is a good driver i think he might have an advantage. Its probably a drivers race if hes stock. Was it a 6 speed or auto? (that would make a big difference)
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

Re: g35, yuck.

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    Yesterday i was at omega restaurant in des plaines when a g35 rolls up in the parking lot. exteriorly, the car is beautiful. i talked to the owner, and i asked him to run. he denied. he told me that he would beat me, or be pretty close. He told me he has never heard of the r32. anyhow, i got to sit in it. well, from exterior looks, i was expecting it to be beautiful inside too. damn, was i wrong. interior looked very cheap for a luxury sports car. i personally think my interior looks better in my r. i think the leather sucked in the car and my seats are at least 10 times better. i was very dissappointed. especially with this guy who thought he had 330hp in his coupe with just intake and headers. i really wanted to race him, but i guess ill race one sooner or later.
    Was it a sedan or coupe?? There are some minor diffrences between the two. As for it looking cheap, i don't think it does. Don't forget, the price tag of the car is only in the low to mid $30k range so you can't expect Mercedes or BMW quality. If you look into the Infiniti M45 or FX35, the interiors are better but with a $50,000 price tag on both cars. So it boils down to price. An example would be the RSX compared to a TL or 3.5.

As for racing, if you wanna meet up and go to the track sometime, I will be more than happy to give you a run with my G35 coupe. But only at the track. Im not a fan of street racing.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

the guy had an automatic, i knew i could beat him, even with his 2 mods in it. i actually got to race one today, it was an automatic though. i gave him the hit, from a 40mph roll, and i came from behind as if it was standing still. i wonder, what is the difference with the mt... the automatic just seemed slow. i got this one on video, when i get to greece, ill try putting it up.

hey, im leaving for greece in a few hours, ill be back end of august. if u wanna go then, ill be more than happy. is yours stock? i actually have the exhaust mod done to mine, other than that its pretty stock. the track sounds good, ill have the advantage over you off the line.

i dont know, i still believe that the interior could have been better, especially for being an infinity. but i guess your right, low $30k doesnt get you great luxury. i guess im used to more refinement. dont get me wrong, outside, the car looks flawless, its just the interior that just doesnt do it for me.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

both coupes. btw, is yours an automatic or manual?
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Mines automatic. Just curious, what does the r32 run in the 1/4 mile?

Originally posted by fastwrx135
    Mines automatic. Just curious, what does the r32 run in the 1/4 mile?
    low 14's according to Mr Magazine.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

No 260 or 265 HP Maxima & Altima is going to take a WRX off the line with a good driver! At best the Maxima is doing Mid 6's and the WRX with a good driver can hit 5.4s... On the roll is a different story though I chewed up 3.5 6 speed Maximas all day long from the light with my 02 WRX. Now I have a 04. I'm glad I did, because most of them were cocky 16 year olds driving their Daddy's Maxima

One thing about the WRX, they is deadly light to light racing if you're a good driver!

Originally posted by NightShifter
    No 260 or 265 HP Maxima & Altima is going to take a WRX off the line with a good driver! At best the Maxima is doing Mid 6's and the WRX with a good driver can hit 5.4s... On the roll is a different story though I chewed up 3.5 6 speed Maximas all day long from the light with my 02 WRX. Now I have a 04. I'm glad I did, because most of them were cocky 16 year olds driving their Daddy's Maxima

One thing about the WRX, they is deadly light to light racing if you're a good driver!
    Who said anything about a maxima or Altima?? and who said anything about a WRX?? We are talking an r32 vs g35coupe

As for a WRX taking a maxima or altima off the line. Yes it will take a maxima and altima off the line but these are different cars.
    If a wrx, g35 coupe, and r32 were all racing in the 1/4 mile, it would be a drivers race. They are all capable of low to mid 14's
    Now don't take this the wrong way. You probably just misunderstood the previous posts, so im just clearing things up. More like an fyi.

2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
    2004 Mercedes SL500
    2003 Audi A6 3.0
    2003 VW Passat V6
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    1999 Dodge Durango SLT+

Dude..you need some more cars....damn!!!!

Nice stable, what the hell do you do to afford those????
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Originally posted by fastwrx135
    Who said anything about a maxima or Altima?? and who said anything about a WRX?? We are talking an r32 vs g35coupe

As for a WRX taking a maxima or altima off the line. Yes it will take a maxima and altima off the line but these are different cars.
    If a wrx, g35 coupe, and r32 were all racing in the 1/4 mile, it would be a drivers race. They are all capable of low to mid 14's
    Now don't take this the wrong way. You probably just misunderstood the previous posts, so im just clearing things up. More like an fyi.
    Sorry, posted in the wrong window.. was suppose to be in the Maxima... thread oops!

ah hell, i just feel like doin this....

<falls asleep>
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

Originally posted by NightShifter
    Sorry, posted in the wrong window.. was suppose to be in the Maxima... thread oops!

its the cars that my family uses, my car really is the audi a6 and the r32... but i drive all of them whenever i want. my dad owns a few restaurants up here in gurnee/nchicago/lakebluff area.

we actually were looking at the dodge viper srt10 before getting the sl500... but my dad liked the automatic better.

--------------
    anyhow, i dont know how fast the g35 automatic is... i wanna drive one soon. not dissing automatics, i love autos too... my wrx(now my brothers) was an automatic and had a lot of fun in it. trust me, they can be made fast too. what do they run... i thought i had seen mid high 14's with the automatic g35 s.c. the best ive ever seen for a stock r32 is a 13.8. usually, good drivers hit about 14.0-14.2 with about 98-100mph trap speed. i know the best ive seen for a stock g35 stick is a 14.2 @ 99-100mph... so why guess is... which both equal drivers, the r32 will win... especially with the AWD launch. but on the street, it probably would be a toss up.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

An elitist VW owner? What's this world coming to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast