g35, yuck. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on g35, yuck. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a lot of trouble understanding why someone would trade a WRX for a car that's smaller and heavier ...

I have a lot of trouble understanding why someone would trade a WRX for a car that's smaller and heavier (3,409 pounds).

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    its the cars that my family uses, my car really is the audi a6 and the r32... but i drive all of them whenever i want. my dad owns a few restaurants up here in gurnee/nchicago/lakebluff area.

we actually were looking at the dodge viper srt10 before getting the sl500... but my dad liked the automatic better.

--------------
    anyhow, i dont know how fast the g35 automatic is... i wanna drive one soon. not dissing automatics, i love autos too... my wrx(now my brothers) was an automatic and had a lot of fun in it. trust me, they can be made fast too. what do they run... i thought i had seen mid high 14's with the automatic g35 s.c. the best ive ever seen for a stock r32 is a 13.8. usually, good drivers hit about 14.0-14.2 with about 98-100mph trap speed. i know the best ive seen for a stock g35 stick is a 14.2 @ 99-100mph... so why guess is... which both equal drivers, the r32 will win... especially with the AWD launch. but on the street, it probably would be a toss up.

peter
    Auto G35 coupes usually run about 14.5-14.7's
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

ppmotorsport if u drive in the r32 then u will know why, i turned down an sti for it.
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

I test drove an R32 when shopping around for cars. I really enjoyed the car but thought it was overpriced personally. JUST A PERSONAL OPINION.
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

ppmotorsports, trust me, i love the wrx. i was one of the first to buy one when they came out in 2001. around my area, there were only one other wrx. now, i seem to see more wrx's then mustangs. ok, that may be just a bit of an over exaggeration, but it is true, there are so many wrx's out there that the only way to be unique is to 'mod' it. i went up to woodfield a few weeks back and i saw more wrx's (and srt-4's) then any other car. i personally wanted a car that is very unique... r32 is extremely, at 5000 being made final, it will be very hard to see one in a daily drive. that's why i love it. the pro's on the r32 are more than the wrx. anyone that has driven in one can comment on this. the only cons i see is the overall price, hard-to-mod, maybe prestige(though the r32 is the golf of all golf's in europe). I give the r32 to edge over the wrx for build quality, comfort, drive, power(stock for stock), torque, leather, sport seats, luxury(compared to wrx). hey, stock for stock, the r32 will beat a stock wrx. i'm personally looking for an all around car, and thats what i found in the r32. others find it in the wrx. its what ever makes of it. on, i give the r32 the edge in handling too. i can do things in the r32 that the wrx couldn't even come close.

westside wrx, can i call you an elitist WRX owner? i think i could. drive the car and then make smart comments. i've driven the wrx, ive owned one longer than you probably have. may of 2001 till 5 months ago. i know how some vw guys can be, but its not only vw people that feel this way, but many wrx owners, and many mustang owners, etc.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

ok, that may be just a bit of an over exaggeration, but it is true, there are so many wrx's out there that the only way to be unique is to 'mod' it. i went up to woodfield a few weeks back and i saw more wrx's (and srt-4's) then any other car. i personally wanted a car that is very unique... r32 is extremely, at 5000 being made final, it will be very hard to see one in a daily drive.
    Interestingly enough, I seem to see more R32s than SRT-4s. (Trust me, I know they're R32s and not just Golfs.) Not to say everyone in Southern California will agree with me, but in my area and the areas I go to, R32s are bound to pop up more often than SRT-4s. Hell, there's an R32 down the street from me, and not counting that one, I still see more of them.

westside wrx, can i call you an elitist WRX owner? i think i could. drive the car and then make smart comments. i've driven the wrx, ive owned one longer than you probably have. may of 2001 till 5 months ago. i know how some vw guys can be, but its not only vw people that feel this way, but many wrx owners, and many mustang owners, etc.
    My comment was about your "rah-rah" postings, not the car. I have no problem with you owning an R32. It's your money...

Originally posted by Westside WRX
    My comment was about your "rah-rah" postings, not the car. I have no problem with you owning an R32. It's your money...
    exactly. everyone has their own tastes.

deeeznuttts, u must live in an area that the general must love the r32, thats why u see so many. the reason i said that the r32 is unique is because they are only making 5k of them and thats it. im just stating that it is a rare car compared to the wrx, srt-4, and especially the 350z. im not putting down any of these cars.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.