04 Cobb Stage 2 WRX vs 03 M3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 Cobb Stage 2 WRX vs 03 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend has been wanting to race me ever since I started modding my car. So on the way to ...

Talking 04 Cobb Stage 2 WRX vs 03 M3

My friend has been wanting to race me ever since I started modding my car. So on the way to indiana we decided to run from a roll. This whole time im thinking to myself im going to lose from a roll, but hey what the hell.

First run from 60mph - 100mph

I win put about half a car on him.

Now im suprised and hes a little pissed. So we go agian.

2nd run from 40mph- 85mph

I win once agian putting a half a car on him in 2nd, and slowly pulling on him in third.

My mods are. HKS Hi-power CB, Perrin DP, TXS UP, and Cobb AP.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice runs, the M3 should have beat you but it didn't and I am down with that, since I own a WRX and not a M3.
    Evan
    MY12 WRX Limited hatch - stock, still in break-in
    MY10 Forester Limited
    SOLD - MY03 WRX - PSM; AP Stage 2+up-pipe

Yes, I totaly agree it should have beat me. But I might have a factory freak The other driver attended Driving school so he knows how to drive his car pretty damn well. Maybe the outcome would have been diffrent after 110mph?

I will get some video footage for you some time soon

umm.. I really dont see how thats possible. maybe an e36... but definatly not a e46, cause it has really great high end.

6 speed + 333 hp = no match for a stg II rex.

*shrug* maybe there is something im missing out on... or something. but it doesnt seem too possible, even an STi would have a really hard time keeping up.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

good kill! An 03 M3? You give me hope of beating one of those cars someday.

Was it a convertible? Those are really heavy and a good amount slower IIRC.
    2002 WRX Sedan, Blue.
    Catless, Cobb Stage 2, and so on.

NO it was a coupe, and I will get video as soon as posible.... But then agian I ran a 13.7 at 98mph with just TBE

Originally posted by GIDDYupREX
    Nice runs, the M3 should have beat you but it didn't and I am down with that, since I own a WRX and not a M3.

Amen bro !
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

I thought a stage 2 wrx and an STi were about equal.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

I agree with you blitz about the E46, but hey anything is possible on the road. As far as the E36, S 2000, and 350z I edged out all 3 when i was stage 2 with the 350 z being the closest result (all of these races were from a 1st gear roll to 100).

Don't feed the troll

"Who dares cross my bridge?"

Also black snake what type of tranny did the 46 have? I raced an SMG 46 with cat back, filter a while ago b4 my tune and it wasn't pretty .

Originally posted by BLITZ's M
    I call a huge BS!!

You guy's can flame me all you want, but some of the stories on these forums are too funny. Your stage 2 has no chance with an E46 M3 from a roll. Your ET has no bearing when it comes to a roll on, your trap speed is what you need to look at, and your 98 MPH trap is not even close. What are you putting down with your stage 2 215, 220?? Not gonna happen bro.

You're not even a match for my E36 M form a roll. It's just too funny to hear some of you with these stories. Youre stock WRX's don't even put 200 to the wheels, yet you're walking E46, E36 M3's, s2000's, 350z's etc... too funny
    just the other day i posted about taking an e36 m3 from 75 till around 115-120 on the freeway...this is with dp/up/cb and mbc which at the time was only at 14psi (i usually boost 16 at track or for any planned races)..this is without a reflash...and 2nd of all...cobb stage 2 wrx does not trap at 98 mph...it traps around 102......also the 350z thing..u dont believe me just ask my buddy...he has a 350z...just with downpipe cai and mbc i was nose 2 nose with him..nobody was ahead..i even got that one on video....now i have catback up/dp and mbc (got rid of cai)..stage 2 wrx against stock 350z would take it off a roll...unless cobb stage 2 is overhyped.....

how come all these m3 drivers are so cocky?? i dont get it..your cars not a monster..its beatable....just go ask 13secwrx..i love his m3 kill stories...also his m5 kill stories....

btw..not all m3 drivers are cocky i guess..the guy i raced on freeway was very cool..gave me a thumbs up and wanted to go talk but i needed too leave

was his e46 an auto? nice kill nonetheless.....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Blitz,
    Troll or not, I will take you on and you will not be happy

A cobb stage 2 can easily put 275-290 to the wheels if tuned right.

I currently am putting 300 to the wheels, and I am lighter than a stock WRX, i eat new m3's for breakfast, lunch and dinner.....

It is VERY possible that he did what he says, but none the less, if you dont like what you read, go back to your BMW forum and tell tales about how you guys beat fararri's and porsche's

I am sure you wont get any slack there......
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.